Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Apple

LIVE!!!! Intel Retail Edge 2012 Holiday Deal, I7 3770K, DZ77 MB, Intel 520 SSD $85+

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 12th, 2013 7:14 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2008
1285 posts
795 upvotes
cbt123 wrote: Even if you complete all your requirements by December 7, you still have to wait for them to upgrade you as they only do it on 2 dates per year en masse (once in summer, once in winter). Last upgrade was August 2012, and you'll have to wait till the next upgrade in February 2013 to get Rock Legend status.
Oh youre right, thanks for that. makes things alot easier for me now ahha
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2008
2030 posts
280 upvotes
Sent my employment verification late last week, was wondering if I'm going to get verified before the start date :(
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2008
1555 posts
238 upvotes
St. John's
Im trying to get my friend to sign up for me. If he signs up can I pay with my credit card and address or do they catch on?
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2006
1297 posts
245 upvotes
Stouffville
a1qwyx20 wrote: Im trying to get my friend to sign up for me. If he signs up can I pay with my credit card and address or do they catch on?
u should be fine...
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2008
1555 posts
238 upvotes
St. John's
Im torn between getting the cpu+mb combo or just the cpu as its a huge MB i dont really need and the cost online seems to be 160$ for the MB alone.

Id like to get the CPU only, and then just pick up an mATX board and a midrange nvidia card for some easier video editing...anyone got a good mATX to tell me about for around 100-150$? Much prefer the smaller imprint, and no need to use over 16GB of ram in my setup.
Sep 1, 2009
165 posts
98 upvotes
Hey guys I asked it before but no response. I cannot see the offer for the SSD. Just for the CPU and MOBO (Deal 1 and Deal 2) anybody else experiencing this?

Thanks!
Jan 21, 2007
25 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
Wow, that is some insane deals. I'd love to get my hands on the 3770k for $105..

Good shopping! :)
Jun 19, 2009
91 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto
abharj wrote: Hey guys I asked it before but no response. I cannot see the offer for the SSD. Just for the CPU and MOBO (Deal 1 and Deal 2) anybody else experiencing this?

Thanks!
Depends for which you company you work for. I work for a TELCO and i only see deal 1 and 2, my brother works for staples and sees both.

IMO bet deal is CPU only ;)
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2009
6858 posts
5573 upvotes
M-Arkham
seryser wrote: Depends for which you company you work for. I work for a TELCO and i only see deal 1 and 2, my brother works for staples and sees both.

IMO bet deal is CPU only ;)
what is your retail edge membership status?
Dec 24, 2003
853 posts
xinhang wrote: The retail edge deal is getting worse. Their relative price used to be amazing. For example a year ago, the 160gig intel g2 ssd was for $129.99 while everywhere is selling for 350+, and the i7-970 was 199.99, while it retails for 900+.
Agreed that was a good year to buy.
My Heatware

FOR SALE

nothing temporarily
Penalty Box
Apr 15, 2011
5156 posts
1887 upvotes
Scarborough
When I log into my account ( rogers) there are only 2 requirements to be eligible for the CPU. First is that you need employer verification and the second is that you complete the required 5 quizes and pass them. It doesn't ask for specific number of points or anything and there is only one price option which is $105 for the CPU. We also don't get to buy the ssd either which isn't such a big deal IMO.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 22, 2006
9820 posts
856 upvotes
blaznazn22 wrote: When I log into my account ( rogers) there are only 2 requirements to be eligible for the CPU. First is that you need employer verification and the second is that you complete the required 5 quizes and pass them. It doesn't ask for specific number of points or anything and there is only one price option which is $105 for the CPU. We also don't get to buy the ssd either which isn't such a big deal IMO.
You need to get like 10,000 chips for producer and 40,000 chips for rockstar (which will then get you the first level of discount). If you just register now, you can't be legend (since it requires 1 year of rockstar) and it'll probably take 2 - 3 hours to get rockstar (i.e. not really worth the $10 saving). This year's deal is so cold i'm not going to spam my friends to try to get accounts i don't think. Tho i guess the 3770k is still flippable for a minor profit.
Jun 19, 2009
91 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto
Telecom Employees do not have the same deal as retail employees.

Our points levels are also different, all is normal. i am just happy to be able to get in on the deal ;)
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2008
2030 posts
280 upvotes
Anybody knows what time the bundle will start going on sale?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2008
5063 posts
2638 upvotes
Toronto
***** my accounts still not verified yet. How quickly do they run out of stock? Sigh..... This sucks
Current KOODO customer😎
Oct 5, 2010
95 posts
60 upvotes
Montreal
randomkidx wrote: ***** my accounts still not verified yet. How quickly do they run out of stock? Sigh..... This sucks
When did you send in your verification? The cpu deal will probably last at least a few days since its not as hot of a deal as the 3930k from a few months back.
Nov 12, 2009
18 posts
2 upvotes
Vancouver
Does anyone know if they check the name of the person being shipped to, against the name of the account owner?
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2009
2476 posts
1101 upvotes
randomkidx wrote: ***** my accounts still not verified yet. How quickly do they run out of stock? Sigh..... This sucks
I wouldn't stress about it, the worst thing that will happen is that you'll have to wait longer for your stuff to ship with a higher order number.

As far as I remember, the 3930k from the 2012 summer deal was up for a few weeks. From what I've seen, they don't run out of stock quickly unless it's labled "limited quantities" like the $165.00 i7 970 from the summer 2011 deal (you had the choice of either 970 or a 2600k). Unfortunately I missed out on the limited quantities 970 but I had already got a 970 during the winter 2010 deal. As mentioned above the i7 970 I got from the winter 2010 deal was an incredible value at $215.00 since it was selling at around 4x that price.
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2009
2476 posts
1101 upvotes
rNadom wrote: Does anyone know if they check the name of the person being shipped to, against the name of the account owner?
Historically, no they don't.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)