Hot Deals

[Live Out There] Lifetime Membership Program Holder - $20 off with coupon code LIFETIME20

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 15th, 2017 12:58 am
Nov 26, 2014
58 posts
21 upvotes
Strathmore, AB
I looked at the website earlier today and I swear the Denali down jacket was $169.99 and the non-hooded one was $129.99.

I didn’t like the logo, but at that price I was tempted to replace my worn TNF thermoball jacket. Not sure at $199.99 and $189.99 with $20 off.
Dec 10, 2007
6 posts
1 upvote
Winnipeg
Aaaaaron wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 10:21 pm
I looked at the website earlier today and I swear the Denali down jacket was $169.99 and the non-hooded one was $129.99.

I didn’t like the logo, but at that price I was tempted to replace my worn TNF thermoball jacket. Not sure at $199.99 and $189.99 with $20 off.
You were looking at the USD page
May 30, 2015
37 posts
17 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
Aaaaaron wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 10:21 pm

You can put a patch above the logo with some nice embroidery on it.
Jul 25, 2015
369 posts
151 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
webster354 wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 8:10 pm
Someone's already make their own version...

I like your logo better. The best logo they have is the one on their down jackets. The other ones are bad.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
5613 posts
495 upvotes
Toronto
I'm surprised how much time/space is being wasted on logo discussion here.

Personally I'm more interested in good quality outdoor clothing for a reasonable price, rather than the design of the logo. I'd wear a jacket with a turd logo if it was the best jacket in the world...

Am I alone here?
Jul 17, 2007
96 posts
33 upvotes
If you read their blog, including the comments, you'll see that the owner is very candid about the failure of the retail shop and is open to feedback, including the logo and comparison to other non-brand brands, such as MEC and Taiga. I personally have no interest in a jacket which is not waterproof, but as a Canadian company, I wish them the best.
https://blog.liveoutthere.com/our-missi ... evolution/
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2005
1641 posts
592 upvotes
Ottawa
Inno wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 11:22 pm

Personally I'm more interested in good quality outdoor clothing for a reasonable price, rather than the design of the logo. I'd wear a jacket with a turd logo if it was the best jacket in the world...

Am I alone here?
Logos are tacky; big logos are for toolbags.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
40873 posts
9763 upvotes
Inno wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 11:22 pm

Am I alone here?
No, you wouldn't. I'd just buy a CG logo and stitch it on. I bought a sewing machine a few months back and haven't even tested it.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
1968 posts
237 upvotes
Canada
It is good that they were organized and able to establish their new presence in time for the xmas shopping season.
However, it will be a difficult journey for liveoutthere with their new model.
Mar 12, 2008
44 posts
11 upvotes
I gotta say, it's hard for me to get behind this line. For outdoor use, I don't mind the logo as much as it'd likely be under a ski/rain jacket or used as an insulator during breaks. For casual use, which I suspect would be the majority of the market - not a fan of the logo as with many others here. Also, not impressed with the lack of detailed info like weight, fit, zipper brand/quality, ability to stow, denier, etc. As I'm sure many noticed, the synthetic jacket (Joffre) is a copy of the Atom LT, except the shell fabric looks oddly wrinkled.

All this, if I do require a purchase, I feel more inclined to wait for an end of season sale, get 30% off a high tier brand name and pay an extra $50 ish, or even wait for 50-60% off for bright backcountry colours. (or just buy from Eddie Bauer whose 800 fill down right now is only $150 with ebates vs LOT's $200)

I wish LOT well, but currently, just not there yet to become a customer