Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2005
1294 posts
67 upvotes

Lloyd & Co Bespoke - reviews?

Hi all,

These guys have a Groupon running that I may take a stab at. Tough to find reviews and the owner seems young, but on the flipside they have a prime downtown location and have been in business for a few years...

Anyone order from them before? Would you order again?

Thoughts on accuracy of fit and overall quality of the suit? And the big one... Value?

Thanks!
8 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2008
1627 posts
376 upvotes
North York
In business for a few years but no reviews? Groupon? Hmm...

Edit: 36 reviews and high rated on Groupon.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
10855 posts
1473 upvotes
City of Vancouver
eightyeight wrote:
Oct 19th, 2016 2:23 pm
...and the owner seems young...
Well, this is Spier & Mackay's founder Rikky Khanna --- he looks young:
Last edited by Becks on Oct 20th, 2016 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 17, 2013
780 posts
103 upvotes
Markham
Not bespoke bros

Go with a proven company that has a track record. The website doesn't even work properly. Suit Supply, Spier and Mackay, Harry's, etc etc. You have so many in this city bros!
PSN - Meditech82
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2007
4398 posts
706 upvotes
Immediately suspect of anything with bespoke in the name.

Up there with "luxury" and "executive" - gtfo
Mark77 wrote:"All aspiring students should go into the financial services - engineering is, and always has been, a poor choice for our brightest minds ... and TodayHello is my Hero ..."
Hydropwnics wrote:"TodayHello is a certified hustler and original gangster."
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2005
1294 posts
67 upvotes
thericyip wrote:
Oct 19th, 2016 4:16 pm
In business for a few years but no reviews? Groupon? Hmm...

Edit: 36 reviews and high rated on Groupon.
Yeah I saw the Groupon reviews but was skeptical that I couldn't find anything on Yelp or Google!
Jul 23, 2012
330 posts
70 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
Becks wrote:
Oct 19th, 2016 10:48 pm
eightyeight wrote:
Oct 19th, 2016 2:23 pm
...and the owner seems young...
Well, this is Spier & Mackay's founder Rikky Khanna --- he looks young:
Oh man, I need to lose weight.
May 23, 2017
1 posts
3 upvotes
I have an experience with Lloyd and Company Bespoke Tailoring that I would like to share.

My son is a Queens University Commerce student heading into his fourth year. He needed two suits for a job in New York City this summer. Through the Queens Business Review, he heard about a "deal" that Talon Lloyd, a Queens alumni, was offering to students.

Because of the University connection, and no negative reviews on the Internet, my son placed trust in Lloyd and Co. and travelled to Toronto to be fitted for a suit on April 13. If he liked the suit he would order a second one later. We paid (it was my credit card) in full at the time of ordering.

Three weeks later when my son’s school term was over and he was heading home to Vancouver. The suit was not ready. At the time, this was not a concern as it could be shipped and Mr. Lloyd claimed to have an office in Vancouver where any necessary adjustments could be made… as long as it arrived before the 28th of May when my son would be leaving for NYC.

The suit finally arrived on 24th of May. It was literally stuffed into a courier envelope (see attached picture). The lining had several stains on it (see picture) and the pants were hemmed 6 cm too short compared to an other suit of his. Generally, the suit was ill-fitting and of mediocre quality (we have a written statement from an independent tailor to back this up).

What was most alarming was that the shipper did not identify himself as Lloyd and Co. Bespoke. Rather it was "Peter Parvez". If you google "Peter Parvez" the first (non-ad) you will get are Yelp reviews with an average rating of 1.5 out of 5 stars. I can’t speak for the accuracy of those ratings but if we had known that Peter Parvez was the supplier and seen these reviews, we would never have made the order. Many of the experiences described by the reviewers are similar to ours.

My son communicated his dissatisfaction by email and asked for a full refund. In fairness, Mr. Lloyd was responsive. He did offer a number of options including remaking the suit. The problem was that my son was leaving for his job in 4 days and couldn’t wait for another suit to be fitted/made. Additionally, we felt we had been tricked into believing we were dealing with one company that turned out to be a front for another company with terrible reviews. I’m still not really clear on the relationship between Lloyd Bespoke and Peter Parvez but if you look into Talon Lloyds LinkedIn profile you will see that there is one.

As he needed suits right away, he went to Nordstrom’s where he bought two beautiful Ted Baker suits. The sales and tailoring service was excellent and the average price for them was the same as the "deal" with LLoyd and Co / Peter Parvez.

I would also like to mention that my other son has ordered from Suitsupply in the past. They have an unconditional, no-questions-asked 30 day return policy, including shipping. The suits are shipped in well-designed packaging (not a FedEx overnight envelope). He has been very happy with the product.

In the end it comes down to doing the right thing. While technically Lloyd and Co may not obligated to return our money. A company that valued reputation would have done so. We could not wait to have the suit remade as it took almost six weeks to be delivered.
Hopefully people that read this will benefit. Perhaps Mr. Lloyd will also read this and understand that customer satisfaction and reputation a key to succeeding in business.

Post Note: In the end we filed a dispute with our MasterCard. After some back-and-forth with the merchant, they ruled in our favour and reversed the transaction.
Images
  • IMG_6064.jpg
  • IMG_6072.jpg
  • IMG_6068.jpg
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2005
1294 posts
67 upvotes
Thanks for posting! With picture proof too.