Shopping Discussion

Loblaw admits to bread price-fixing for more than 14 years - Offering $25 gift card as compensation (now live)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 11th, 2018 2:06 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
7228 posts
1467 upvotes
Mississauga
can2000 wrote:
Mar 12th, 2018 8:22 am
Isn't one residential address qualify for ONLY one $25 gift card?
Thanks
I submitted for two people in our household. We both buy groceries.
We shouldn't have to prove our address, which has no bearing on our ability to buy bread. What if I didn't have a utility expenses? I could be homeless and still be defrauded from this price fixing.
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 19, 2005
8666 posts
388 upvotes
Toronto
Raggie wrote:
Mar 12th, 2018 9:39 am
I submitted for two people in our household. We both buy groceries.
We shouldn't have to prove our address, which has no bearing on our ability to buy bread. What if I didn't have a utility expenses? I could be homeless and still be defrauded from this price fixing.
Why the bank statements don't qualify for the supporting document? Same question, what if people don't have utility bills, they asked to contact Loblaws. :(
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need below items in GTA:
- CT, HD, FS, BB, gas GCs

FS: Freedom Mobile credit
Deal Fanatic
Jun 17, 2013
5096 posts
1460 upvotes
Montreal
can2000 wrote:
Mar 12th, 2018 9:43 am
Why the bank statements don't qualify for the supporting document? Same question, what if people don't have utility bills, they asked to contact Loblaws. :(
not to mention the submission form says you do not need to submit any documents

"You do not need to submit ANY documentation with this registration form."

That could be interpreted a few ways...
Oct 12, 2016
509 posts
135 upvotes
Finally got email to submit DL..what to do?still waiting for my wife GC.
Jul 4, 2017
53 posts
29 upvotes
I have not received anything yet. Not even an email or any update from Loblaws itself.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
7228 posts
1467 upvotes
Mississauga
can2000 wrote:
Mar 12th, 2018 9:43 am
I wouldn't submit my bank statements. What authority do they have to need this confidential information, just for $25. If the GC was for $2500, then maybe.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 19, 2005
8666 posts
388 upvotes
Toronto
Raggie wrote:
Mar 12th, 2018 9:52 am
I wouldn't submit my bank statements. What authority do they have to need this confidential information, just for $25. If the GC was for $2500, then maybe.
I am just saying, people don't have utility bills, but should have bank statements, etc.
Need below items in GTA:

Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
7228 posts
1467 upvotes
Mississauga
can2000 wrote:
Mar 12th, 2018 9:55 am
I am just saying, people don't have utility bills, but should have bank statements, etc.
Nope.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 19, 2005
8666 posts
388 upvotes
Toronto
Magister wrote:
Mar 12th, 2018 9:38 am
Me and my GF filled info about the first day the site was opened, and we both received our cards this last Friday (9th), we activated on the web, just have to enter CC number/date and CVV code.
Strange, why Lablow required some people to submit utility bill or driver license?
Need below items in GTA:

Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
14076 posts
6492 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
neverhaveiever wrote:
Mar 12th, 2018 9:46 am
not to mention the submission form says you do not need to submit any documents

"You do not need to submit ANY documentation with this registration form."

That could be interpreted a few ways...
Most people don't need to supply any documentation. Not at registration and not ever. Some people are being asked to provide documentation to prove their address is legit.

So the quoted snippet is accurate. As is this one, "To confirm the residential address provided on your registration form, please submit a scanned copy or photo of either (1) a current utility bill or (2) a valid driver's licence"
veni, vidi, Visa [!Brim]
Jan 10, 2010
87 posts
55 upvotes
Calgary
Got my gift card. In Calgary. All extended family got it around the same time too (including Edmonton). Signed up early January.

Activation process is pretty quick online. Just enter all the numbers on the card to activate it.

When I used it at self serve check out, had to use it as a Credit Card and swiped it on the machine. Worked fine. Didn't work as a gift card cause it doesn't have a bar code to scan.

And none of us got the extra documentation verification step.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 17, 2013
5096 posts
1460 upvotes
Montreal
bylo wrote:
Mar 12th, 2018 10:12 am
Most people don't need to supply any documentation. Not at registration and not ever. Some people are being asked to provide documentation to prove their address is legit.

So the quoted snippet is accurate. As is this one, "To confirm the residential address provided on your registration form, please submit a scanned copy or photo of either (1) a current utility bill or (2) a valid driver's licence"
Not sure I understand what your point is?
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
14076 posts
6492 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
neverhaveiever wrote:
Mar 12th, 2018 10:26 am
Not sure I understand what your point is?
You seem to be suggesting that because they said no documentation was required at registration then it wouldn't be required later in the process. That's not the case.

If I misunderstood your point, then please clarify.

In any case this issue has been discussed over and over again over the past few days. I'm not sure how repeating what's already been discussed adds value to the conversation.
veni, vidi, Visa [!Brim]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 17, 2013
5096 posts
1460 upvotes
Montreal
bylo wrote:
Mar 12th, 2018 10:35 am
You seem to be suggesting that because they said no documentation was required at registration then it wouldn't be required later in the process. That's not the case.

If I misunderstood your point, then please clarify.

In any case this issue has been discussed over and over again over the past few days. I'm not sure how repeating what's already been discussed adds value to the conversation.
If you don't see the point, why even respond?

But yes, my point is the form starts at the very beginning by saying no document is needed. That is a shady tactic
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2018
1087 posts
819 upvotes
Almost a 1,000 posts discussing a $25 gift card... Obviously time isn't money to some ;)
No matter how much you paid, a sale is never a sale if you didn't truly need it. Never confuse needs and wants ;)