Shopping Discussion

Loblaw admits to bread price-fixing for more than 14 years - Offering $25 gift card as compensation (now live)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 26th, 2023 11:07 pm
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41788 posts
30051 upvotes
Center of Universe
lecale wrote: Weston got immunity because they were the whistleblowers, not because they paid out.
That’s why I said the GC was voluntary.
Aug 14, 2021
768 posts
1318 upvotes
Over Yonder
Hey I just went to the loblaw giftcard website and it says it's closed. Why is this post still up?

Thumbs down from me I wanted that 25 dollars. False advertising.
Banned
Jul 7, 2019
1300 posts
1934 upvotes
Oilers Country
XtremeModder wrote: I'm probably one of the few who didn't sign up for the $25 in hopes that in the future I would get more :D
We also opted out: partially for that reason, but also because there were concerns raised at the time about potential privacy violations of those who signed up.
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2013
2991 posts
2815 upvotes
+1000000 upvotes
lecale wrote: Weston got immunity because they were the whistleblowers, not because they paid out.
So we can still join the classaction against all the other price fixers. Perfect, more money recovered from corrupt businesses is always nice Grinning Face
Always buy now & think later, or else you'll regret your decision forever.
The first rule of RFD is to not talk about RFD or call customer service to ask about price errors.
The second rule of RFD is to not forget about the first rule.
Deal Addict
Jul 17, 2009
1391 posts
498 upvotes
Xtrema wrote: If farmer has to dump milk instead of giving us a price cut, something's not right.
In the long term, under your scenario, the farmer would have to give up their farm, than you would have fewer farms and a bigger corporate farm monopoly. It is a good thing to have a more robust farm sector, you can't eat the nickels you might have saved in 2019.
Deal Addict
May 26, 2010
1798 posts
1184 upvotes
Eastern Canada
Are we going to get $25 gift card, or the $50 million fine goes to the one that did the lawsuit?
. . . .
Be Nice...
. . . .
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2012
2872 posts
3519 upvotes
Vancouver
Just so everyone is clear. the gift cards were issued ages ago. I don't think you are getting anything from Loblaws now but this thread got revived due to a related lawsuit ?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)