• Feb 7th, 2015 11:02 pm
Tags:
Nov 24, 2008
147 posts
50 upvotes
Brampton

Loblaw PC Plus Points, spend $100 get $10 worth in PC points

http://www.pcplus.ca

This is the brand new program that Loblaw launched today to help you collect and earn more PC points and you can link it directly to your mobile device (apple, android, and blackberry Z10 only). Apparently this program custom tailors their offers to you based on your purchases at the Loblaw and their franchises. Currently, it is only available at Loblaw though.

At the moment, there is no signing bonuses but this weekend at all Loblaw store in Ontario, with the purchase of $100+, you get a bonus 10,000 points. The redemption ratio is $1 for every 1000 points. So this will give you $10 back in grocery. This can also be used on top of your PC points credit or debit card.
40 replies
Mar 27, 2003
972 posts
98 upvotes
Vancouver
Too bad, can't take advantage of this. :(

Please mark as GTA offer.
May 27, 2004
835 posts
100 upvotes
Thanks OP. I registered and downloaded the app as well, and will test this this wknd and see if it works on GC's.
Dec 19, 2011
525 posts
143 upvotes
Signed up, downloaded app. This program sort of looks like the Checkout51 deals app.
Jul 21, 2011
620 posts
204 upvotes
Kingston
dekay wrote:
May 3rd, 2013 12:14 pm
Too bad, can't take advantage of this. :(

Please mark as GTA offer.
How is it GTA only? Maybe Ontario only, but it works outside of GTA FYI
Mar 3, 2008
364 posts
122 upvotes
Toronto
Can't sign up in the app, it doesn't recognize my PC debit or MasterCard info.
Dec 17, 2003
615 posts
76 upvotes
Hamilton
A note to those who sign up. I originally used a password that was more than 8 characters and it accepted it (even though I didn't notice the restriction of 6-8 characters), but when I tried to login to the app, it wouldn't allow it. I had to use the "forgot password" link to eventually change my password to something between 6 & 8 characters and now can sign in to the app.

"Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories" - Steven Wright
[OP]
Nov 24, 2008
147 posts
50 upvotes
Brampton
Yea changed it back. It is not GTA only. Its is in all of ontario Loblaw stores
mefreakboy wrote:
May 3rd, 2013 12:52 pm
A note to those who sign up. I originally used a password that was more than 8 characters and it accepted it (even though I didn't notice the restriction of 6-8 characters), but when I tried to login to the app, it wouldn't allow it. I had to use the "forgot password" link to eventually change my password to something between 6 & 8 characters and now can sign in to the app.
That's weird, this morning when I signed up I had a 9 character password but it didnt let me so I had to change it
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2004
3889 posts
239 upvotes
Toronto
mefreakboy wrote:
May 3rd, 2013 12:52 pm
I had the same experience. I was confused about it for a while, haha.

I'm running the app on my HTC One on Bell's LTE network and notice it's slow. I'd hate to see how poorly it runs on an older phone.
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2012
1450 posts
419 upvotes
Is this replacing PC points or running alongside it? I know you can register your PC MC, but if you can get the points with just a rewards card, I'm not seeing the benefit of having a PC MC when I could get another 1% return MC from elsewhere, and still get the PC points with the rewards card.
[OP]
Nov 24, 2008
147 posts
50 upvotes
Brampton
RemedialChaosTheory wrote:
May 3rd, 2013 3:10 pm
Is this replacing PC points or running alongside it? I know you can register your PC MC, but if you can get the points with just a rewards card, I'm not seeing the benefit of having a PC MC when I could get another 1% return MC from elsewhere, and still get the PC points with the rewards card.
This is running along side the PC points so you will get that on top of the 10 PC points for every $1 spent. I believe how this works is that based on your shopping habbits, you will get deals sent to you on your mobile app which will allow you to gain bonus PC points on things you will be buying anyway. So the offers are tailored to you individually.
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2009
1788 posts
259 upvotes
Toronto
Can this be use at nofrills stores?
[OP]
Nov 24, 2008
147 posts
50 upvotes
Brampton
I dont think so. I did hear them say that it will be available across most of their other banners later on but for now, it is only Loblaw
× < >