• Last Updated:
  • Feb 7th, 2015 11:02 pm
Tags:
Mar 3, 2008
4 posts
1 upvote
misternifty wrote:
Jun 3rd, 2013 11:17 am
I've been finding this program to be very rewarding so far.
I'm finding it to be the opposite. I'm sure that has a lot to do with my shopping habits compared to yours, but I've earned 1000 points from exactly 2 items out of probably $500 worth of groceries. I did miss the big bonus when they first opened the program. While I could be more strategic in my shopping, I'm not willing to buy things I don't want in order to get more points.

Frankly, as far as I'm concerned the program has the worst aspects of the traditional loyalty program (having to carry around the card and manage yet another account) and coupon clipping (in that I have to load the offers every week and look for certain items in the store), with the added benefit of spam sent to my mailbox (which I opted out of).

The whole thing irritates me to the point that I've started doing most of my shopping elsewhere. If the nearest Loblaws wasn't so convenient I'd probably have stopped going there altogether.
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2006
3087 posts
404 upvotes
Not so easy there Ma…
michael_ramone wrote:
Jun 4th, 2013 2:27 pm
I'm finding it to be the opposite. I'm sure that has a lot to do with my shopping habits compared to yours, but I've earned 1000 points from exactly 2 items out of probably $500 worth of groceries. I did miss the big bonus when they first opened the program. While I could be more strategic in my shopping, I'm not willing to buy things I don't want in order to get more points.

Frankly, as far as I'm concerned the program has the worst aspects of the traditional loyalty program (having to carry around the card and manage yet another account) and coupon clipping (in that I have to load the offers every week and look for certain items in the store), with the added benefit of spam sent to my mailbox (which I opted out of).

The whole thing irritates me to the point that I've started doing most of my shopping elsewhere. If the nearest Loblaws wasn't so convenient I'd probably have stopped going there altogether.
Yeah, I find this pcplus thing pretty much the worst points program ever. Actually it might even be the worst ever. Having to go to the website to load points is a PITAS. They appear to put points on the premium priced items and only points are available on one identical item, having to carry another points card and worst of all in a given week only about a dozen out of the stores thousands of items earn any points and the points are typically worth squat on an item.

I wonder when they'll pull the program...
Mar 3, 2008
4 posts
1 upvote
fergy wrote:
Jun 8th, 2013 6:07 pm
I wonder when they'll pull the program...
They could retool it easily enough. Loading the offers automatically would remove one of my biggest objections, and presumably they could allow customers to earn points with most of their purchases.

But we'll see. Somebody in management over there presumably has a lot of personal credit invested in this, so they probably won't give up easily.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2013
3423 posts
390 upvotes
Richmond
michael_ramone wrote:

um, then just use the pcf card, you still get points, or your pc debit card, and don't worry about the offers, lol.
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2004
1985 posts
140 upvotes
I'm not finding it rewarding either. And you don't get points for non bonus point purchases? Cashier couldn't clarify. You know how like SDM you get 10 or so pts per dollar spent.
Banned
Jun 14, 2013
158 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto
This deal is ideal for families, great deal. $100 is easily spent with each grocery visit whether you go weekly or bi-weekly.
[OP]
Nov 24, 2008
147 posts
50 upvotes
Brampton
I want to note that this deal is no longer valid. It was only for the first week when they launched this loyalty program.
Apr 4, 2006
336 posts
95 upvotes
So they launched the phone app - it's even on my new Blackberry Z10 - but go to the store and the program in Northern BC still isn't up and running... what's with that?
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2007
2349 posts
90 upvotes
GTA
I don't know why everyone is complaining. I was shopping at Loblaws before this and getting nothing (aside from the points earned via my CC). Now I get points on things I routinely buy. I haven't changed my brands or shopping habits as a result. And seriously, how hard is it to load the offers, you click on one link in an email and you're done.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2013
3423 posts
390 upvotes
Richmond
girlstar wrote:
Jun 17th, 2013 8:40 am
I'm not finding it rewarding either. And you don't get points for non bonus point purchases? Cashier couldn't clarify. You know how like SDM you get 10 or so pts per dollar spent.
you get points for non bonus points purchases if you use the pc mastercard or the pc debit card as I have stated above. And please please don't say wut? And ask the question again.
May 25, 2007
6 posts
vancouver
michael_ramone wrote:

I have to agree. This is likely the worst loyalty program out there. Unless you love your PC Mastercard there is little opportunity to earn points. Even though I own a PC Mastercard I prefer to use a different credit card. As such I don't earn points for my spending unless I stumble upon an item that has bonus points attached. Since this is a rare event I don't even acknowledge participation in the program when I check out at RC Superstore. I feel that there is value in them tracking my purchases and spending and if they are not willing to provide an incentive then I am not going to make it easy for them (they still might have the ability to track me to some extent based on my other card number).

In general I think it is crazy to let a loyalty program drive your choice of stores and your choice of purchases at that store. Buy what you need to buy at the best value you can find at a store that works for you. If you happen to earn some points then it's a bonus.
× < >