• Last Updated:
  • May 24th, 2018 11:38 am
Jan 4, 2009
215 posts
66 upvotes
Calgary
SimpsonsFana wrote:
Jan 18th, 2018 1:25 pm
So just to confirm: I can buy GCs at Canadian Tire and use those GCs to buy Public Mobile GCs and then use those to pay for my balance. I can keep my autopay on and pay a portion of the balance owing with gift cards. That way, I can use the Public Mobile GCs while also keeping my autopay reward?

Is this accurate or am I way off?
Make sure to get the Real-Time voucher, not the Public Mobile GCs ( I think they call them prepaid voucher). Much higher limit on the real-time voucher ($200 max last time i checked)
Jan 4, 2009
215 posts
66 upvotes
Calgary
DaVibe wrote:
Jan 18th, 2018 1:43 pm
Ha then it's a no brainer. That's incredible.
Purchasing some tonight (Sheppard and McCowan).

Tempted to try another location in the future, see if they remove that $1 charge you mentioned.

I had a Canadian Tire gas bar charging me $2 Or $3 I think it was and they ended up refunding me when I complained about it.
The $1 charge seems like an automatic charge when they add the voucher to the transaction. If it's $2 or $3, then they're doing something funny. But definitely report back if you don't get charged it. I buy my vouchers at the same station, but have heard others report of the same $1 charge.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2007
3176 posts
390 upvotes
GTA
I notice that the PIN is not covered (ie scratch-off) for these GC. I know quite a few people have been complaining about buying such GC from other retailers (ahem..Shoppers) and them being fraudulently used. Are these safe?

On the back of the Canadian Tire GC, it says they will not be held responsible if it is stolen or fraudulently used. In contrast, the GAP/Banana Republic GC I bought a couple weeks ago from RCCS had the scratch-off PIN, and it said they will cover in case of fraud/stolen as long as the customer has the receipt.
Apr 5, 2006
210 posts
79 upvotes
Mississauga
flamez1000 wrote:
Jan 18th, 2018 1:59 pm
I notice that the PIN is not covered (ie scratch-off) for these GC. I know quite a few people have been complaining about buying such GC from other retailers (ahem..Shoppers) and them being fraudulently used. Are these safe?

On the back of the Canadian Tire GC, it says they will not be held responsible if it is stolen or fraudulently used. In contrast, the GAP/Banana Republic GC I bought a couple weeks ago from RCCS had the scratch-off PIN, and it said they will cover in case of fraud/stolen as long as the customer has the receipt.
Yes, this is a concern. They changed GC design recently, but pin is still exposed. I have no idea what they think.
Having said that, I have never got a problem with there GCs.
Do it at your own risk.
Jul 29, 2005
589 posts
274 upvotes
Vancouver
aznhulk wrote:
Jan 18th, 2018 1:53 pm
Make sure to get the Real-Time voucher, not the Public Mobile GCs ( I think they call them prepaid voucher). Much higher limit on the real-time voucher ($200 max last time i checked)
Thanks. I'll have to see if they have these Gift Cards in the Lower Mainland first.
Mar 8, 2015
40 posts
15 upvotes
Brampton, ON
Just purchased 10 from loblaws for 900. Great deal. Receipt indeed says to wait for 24 hrs. Don't understand fraudulent use though. How can someone use your card if you don't reveal passcode ?
Jul 27, 2016
240 posts
185 upvotes
SimpsonsFana wrote:
So just to confirm: I can buy GCs at Canadian Tire and use those GCs to buy Public Mobile GCs and then use those to pay for my balance. I can keep my autopay on and pay a portion of the balance owing with gift cards. That way, I can use the Public Mobile GCs while also keeping my autopay reward?

Keep in mind the transaction date for your autopay. If you miss the date then apply the real-time voucher you’ll still see the CC charge which you may not be expecting.
Jan 4, 2009
215 posts
66 upvotes
Calgary
PierreS299131 wrote:
Jan 18th, 2018 6:17 pm
Keep in mind the transaction date for your autopay. If you miss the date then apply the real-time voucher you’ll still see the CC charge which you may not be expecting.
Good point. That's why you top-up a few weeks before the autopay date (or really any time before the date). And it really doesn't matter how long the balance sits in the account. For best results top-up the max ($200) and that will last almost 2 billing cycles depending how many rewards you have. Also cuts the number of times you need to pay the $1 processing fee. Of course, if Telus decides to yank the rug from under us like they did with the legacy plans, then probably less risky to just top up one billing cycle at a time.
Jul 27, 2016
240 posts
185 upvotes
ol2006 wrote:
Jan 13th, 2018 9:33 am
Also, found a coupon for 3cents off Canadian tire gasoline. It was in grocery flyers.
I think someone posted a photo of the Ontario coupon 3 cents off per litre.
For those in the rest of Canada I’ll post the one that we got.
Images
  • A7A18BC3-A3E9-49D4-92C1-7CE5CD69D8FD.jpeg
  • 825E6B35-010D-44F6-A8DE-6E7440586039.jpeg
Jul 5, 2004
23289 posts
2856 upvotes
SimpsonsFana wrote:

That's correct. The Gift cards will just be transferred to your balance and the autopay will take the funds out of your balance when your bill is due.
Jan 13, 2017
11 posts
46 upvotes
I can confirm this works at Superstore Atlantic in Nova Scotia for anyone that was wondering.
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
11027 posts
2459 upvotes
GTA
Rang in at reg price in NoFrills, cross ave, Oakville

Bought a few at Loblaws, Bathurst and St.Clair, Toronto

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2004
1439 posts
112 upvotes
PierreS299131 wrote:
Jan 19th, 2018 2:26 pm
I think someone posted a photo of the Ontario coupon 3 cents off per litre.
For those in the rest of Canada I’ll post the one that we got.
Where did you get this?
Jul 27, 2016
240 posts
185 upvotes
bigbug wrote:
Jan 20th, 2018 12:21 am
Where did you get this?
The cashier at the CT gas bar was handing them out. He allowed me to apply it to the purchase I came in to pay for since I was using a gift card. Should be available from all Alberta CT gas bars now. Maybe everywhere
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2011
2952 posts
240 upvotes
Just stocked up at Zehrs Money-mouth Face
Commemorative loonie rolls, quarter rolls, 50 cent rolls all different kinds of rolls contact for details. Venetian glass bee $250 plus shipping. 20for20 canoe $30 shipped 20for20 polar bear $30 shipped. Lots of 5 packs loons, toons and quaters