• Last Updated:
  • May 24th, 2018 11:38 am
Jan 4, 2009
209 posts
64 upvotes
Calgary
w3ssisback wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 12:53 pm
Does the real time voucher negate the autopay discount? I was thinking paying my next balance (minus $1) to keep the discount going.
Not at all. As long as you have autopay setup with a credit card, you will get the discount. The voucher just goes into your account balance and the payment will just debit from there first
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2004
3582 posts
481 upvotes
Wat
ol2006 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 2:07 pm
I bought some gift cards today at RCSS. The receipt says they will be active within 24 hours, and not to use before that or card becomes void. Is it really necessary? Anybody voided their card by using it before 24 hours?
I really need to fill up today.
I would wait the 24hrs. This was a cause of issue in the past and discussed here in the forums.
Jan 4, 2009
209 posts
64 upvotes
Calgary
dundeal wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 1:57 pm
What's a real time voucher? Is it like load balance to your account right at the store?
Exactly
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2004
8131 posts
1402 upvotes
Montreal, QC
No love for QC?

How often does the same promo occurs at SDM/Pharmaprix (Quebec)?
Nov 11, 2014
132 posts
42 upvotes
Markham, ON
ol2006 wrote:
I bought some gift cards today at RCSS. The receipt says they will be active within 24 hours, and not to use before that or card becomes void. Is it really necessary? Anybody voided their card by using it before 24 hours?
Ive bought and used it right away before (30 min after gift card being activated).

Some stores have said wait 24 hours while others have told me it is active so YMMW i guess
Aug 15, 2013
702 posts
352 upvotes
Guelph
aznhulk wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 2:11 pm
Exactly
Never knew they did this. Is this at a CT store or gas station? They need just my PM phone number?
Part time Insurance/Investments sales rep
Oct 3, 2013
285 posts
184 upvotes
ol2006 wrote:
I have successfully used some CT gift cards <1 hr following their purchase, but I have tried using other gift cards immediately after purchase before and they have been flagged as fraudulent with the funds being frozen. Sometimes it depends on the seller's system and how often it pushes information to the gift card retailer's database.

It's a nightmare to get resolved once it reaches that point. To be safe, I would wait the 24 hrs if at all possible. Otherwise, make sure you check the balance online first, as that typically seems to coincide with whether the gift card is truly active yet or not.
Jan 4, 2009
209 posts
64 upvotes
Calgary
dundeal wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 2:14 pm
Never knew they did this. Is this at a CT store or gas station? They need just my PM phone number?
At the gas station. They'll need to key in your PM number when they process it.
Sep 23, 2010
129 posts
96 upvotes
T Dot
At Carlton/Church Loblaws
-one or two 100s
- ~10 50s
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2006
7409 posts
1822 upvotes
Toronto
Too bad they don't sell those in SDM where I can use Amex. Our family just got some Amex cards and need to meet the minimum spending.
Nov 6, 2013
930 posts
271 upvotes
Toronto
Arrgh wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 2:41 pm
Too bad they don't sell those in SDM where I can use Amex. Our family just got some Amex cards and need to meet the minimum spending.
They do, at a different time of the year.
Sep 23, 2010
129 posts
96 upvotes
T Dot
ol2006 wrote:
I just talked to a CT gift card rep on the phone and she said it can be used right away, no waiting period.
And cannot be used to purchase gift cards Disappointed Face
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2002
2531 posts
827 upvotes
Toronto
you *might* have success buying other gift cards with CT gift cards from the gas station (and buying gas at the same time/transaction may also help).
I can say that I have personally done this with success but YMMV, depending if the gas bar attendant cares or not and if the system at POS still/willl accept it.
Gas bar cashiers will probably more likely have the, "we can try; if it works, it works" attitude, rather than the "you can't" response you get at CT stores.
It's been quite a while since I've attempted though. I was able to buy Cineplex, Sport check, and restaurant/fast food cards a few times with discounted CT GC's.
Sep 23, 2003
500 posts
159 upvotes
Phonophoresis wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 2:16 pm
I have successfully used some CT gift cards <1 hr following their purchase, but I have tried using other gift cards immediately after purchase before and they have been flagged as fraudulent with the funds being frozen. Sometimes it depends on the seller's system and how often it pushes information to the gift card retailer's database.

It's a nightmare to get resolved once it reaches that point. To be safe, I would wait the 24 hrs if at all possible. Otherwise, make sure you check the balance online first, as that typically seems to coincide with whether the gift card is truly active yet or not.
i think on the receipt it also mentions do not query etc which was quite concerning.
last time during the promo from shoppers, i got a separate receipt that highlights the gc# as well as confirmation of activation which the loblaws receipt did not provide this time.
i used the gc within 10 mins last time with no issues. this time i think i'll wait.
Nov 22, 2012
948 posts
764 upvotes
MARKHAM
Was at McCowan/Bullock.

A lot of $25, ~10 of $50, no $100 left.
From RFD:
Self-propelled gas mower for $120 - Sears;
2-stage snowblower for $399 - Lowes;
Koodo $40/6GB PM migration plan;
Public Mobile $8 50/50 limited talk/text plan;
3GB LTE data monthly plan for $15 - Fido.
More to come for sure...