• Last Updated:
  • Jan 19th, 2018 8:23 pm
Nov 22, 2012
780 posts
499 upvotes
MARKHAM
elcheapoh wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 11:00 pm
To confirm - can these be used for gas purchases?

Do you get Canadian Tire money when you use the cash card?
Yes for both.
From RFD:
Self-propelled gas mower for $120 - Sears;
2-stage snowblower for $399 - Lowes;
12GB LTE 90 days unlimited plan for $120 - Public Mobile;
3GB LTE data monthly plan for $15 - Fido.
More to come for sure...
Dec 11, 2017
15 posts
17 upvotes
Guys, make sure you keep the receipts of the GC purchase. There is a lot of fraud happening on Canadian Tire GCs. Here is the thread on it.
Last year all the 3 $100 GCs that I bought from Lowblaws (when it was on 10% off sale), showed a balance of 0 when I tried to use them a month later. Luckily, when I called Canadian Tire GC customer service, they were helpful and replaced all the 3 cards. They asked me for the original receipt from Lowblaws and also picture of the cards. So, keep your receipts until the gift cards are used up. I wanted to keep you all informed.
Deal Guru
Dec 12, 2009
13411 posts
3134 upvotes
Toronto
ol2006 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 2:07 pm
I bought some gift cards today at RCSS. The receipt says they will be active within 24 hours, and not to use before that or card becomes void. Is it really necessary? Anybody voided their card by using it before 24 hours?
I really need to fill up today.
I bought a bunch from Rexall the evening before the black Friday sale at Canadian Tire. I went the next morning hoping to use it and they were not active. I called into their hot line later in the day and they told me the cards were showing up on their system and that store cash registers should start recognizing them. I had to go back to the store and repurchase the items on the gift cards and do a refund on the credit card purchase. So, it is best to wait the 24 hours.
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2005
1120 posts
296 upvotes
Toronto
DarkH0rse wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 11:44 pm
Guys, make sure you keep the receipts of the GC purchase. There is a lot of fraud happening on Canadian Tire GCs. Here is the thread on it.
Last year all the 3 $100 GCs that I bought from Lowblaws (when it was on 10% off sale), showed a balance of 0 when I tried to use them a month later. Luckily, when I called Canadian Tire GC customer service, they were helpful and replaced all the 3 cards. They asked me for the original receipt from Lowblaws and also picture of the cards. So, keep your receipts until the gift cards are used up. I wanted to keep you all informed.
I always try to get a pack of unopened ones. that might help
Deal Addict
May 25, 2011
1282 posts
584 upvotes
SAINT JOHN
StevePos wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 8:52 am
My Canadian Tire (McCowan and Sheppard - Toronto) charges me $1 extra and only sells $45 denominations for Public Mobile.
I still come out ahead. Does anyone know a better CT gas station for buying prepaid phone cards?

Is that for all canadian tires in canada or just your canadian tire specifically?
...Location: GTA North

If this post has helped you please click the 'THANKS' button.

GTA Grocery Highlights (updated weekly) thread

[WTB] Looking for a Netbook for $150 or under (~$100). Please let me know if you have one for sale. Willing to part trade stuff or labour.
Dec 4, 2008
43 posts
13 upvotes
Markham
Same offer for 10% off Canadian Tire gift cards at T&T. Available between Jan 12-25.
Oct 28, 2016
267 posts
426 upvotes
North Of Steeles
Anyone make a purchase at a no frills location in Ontario yet and if so, was the discount automatically applied?
My RFD Dilemma.... "Do I need it?...not really" "Do I want it? ...now I do"
Nov 6, 2013
868 posts
248 upvotes
Toronto
fr33styl3 wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 6:33 am
Same offer for 10% off Canadian Tire gift cards at T&T. Available between Jan 12-25.
T&T belongs to Loblaws group.
Spawk1028 wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 6:33 am
Anyone make a purchase at a no frills location in Ontario yet and if so, was the discount automatically applied?
Yes.
Nov 6, 2013
868 posts
248 upvotes
Toronto
thedealhunter2000 wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 3:43 am
Is that for all canadian tires in canada or just your canadian tire specifically?
Not ALL locations for sure.
Sep 10, 2017
185 posts
19 upvotes
DarkH0rse wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 11:44 pm
The receipts lose the ink after sometime, so how do you justify buying those cards. When i had bought them last time from SDM at 10% off, i called CT customer care and they said all cards had the balance as expected....
Nov 6, 2013
868 posts
248 upvotes
Toronto
Rogues2017 wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 8:32 am
The receipts lose the ink after sometime, so how do you justify buying those cards. When i had bought them last time from SDM at 10% off, i called CT customer care and they said all cards had the balance as expected....
Get a copy/scan of receipt. You any how have to email it or something.
Sep 3, 2013
26 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto
Do we pay sales tax when buying these CT gift cards? If so, we will pay double the sales tax when using these gift cards to pay for purchase.
Nov 6, 2013
868 posts
248 upvotes
Toronto
bigwheels wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 9:09 am
Do we pay sales tax when buying these CT gift cards? If so, we will pay double the sales tax when using these gift cards to pay for purchase.
No tax on GC while purchasing. Taxed while redeeming.
Nov 11, 2014
104 posts
36 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
bigwheels wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 9:09 am
There is no tax on gift cards.
Aug 22, 2017
108 posts
40 upvotes
How do people commit fraud with the cash cards?

BTW - with this deal gas at Canadian Tire will be cheaper than at Costco
and no horrible line-up

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

dealsbond