Loblaws closing 52 stores

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 15th, 2015 9:35 pm
Tags:
None
Dec 14, 2010
507 posts
236 upvotes
So they are closing. I wonder if they will have a sale for all of their remaining stock or just ship to the other locations..

SDM seemed expensive until I stepped into a Rexall. Holy cow their prices are almost double the SDM prices! The small head and shoulders shampoo was $9.99.
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2012
2463 posts
2595 upvotes
Toronto
playnicee1 wrote: November 16, 2015 will be the store's last day. "Business slow".
Wow that is surprising. There's always a lot of people when I go there.
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2003
4963 posts
562 upvotes
GTA
When is the t&t at Kennedy closing?
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2012
2463 posts
2595 upvotes
Toronto
berieberie wrote: Nothing about if there will be any sales. Wanted to stock up on snakcs. :D
Did not see any sales when I went today.
ferkel wrote: When is the t&t at Kennedy closing?
Who said anything about the Kennedy store closing?
Penalty Box
Oct 26, 2007
897 posts
97 upvotes
Toronto
playnicee1 wrote: They're already closed? It's not the 16th yet, but Global News reports the store to now officially be closed! :arrow: http://globalnews.ca/news/2324368/lobla ... arborough/

Is this considered one of the 52 stores closing?

TNT was another brand recently bought.

Soooooo would this TNT have stayed open if Galen didn't buy the TNT brand?

Questions that may never be answered.
[removed]
A guide for the everymans guide to investments
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
21267 posts
6255 upvotes
Poormond Hill
Of course it would have stayed open.
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Deal Expert
Jun 9, 2003
25310 posts
2536 upvotes
Markham, ON
I avoid the store at middlefield...when there isnt enough traffic...the produce is not as fresh...especially the meats. All the expired meats go to the cooked food stations.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21709 posts
9001 upvotes
Toronto
sandikosh wrote: Of course it would have stayed open.
How do you know that? Or, better put, stayed open as what? The area is the area. It just takes one fresh new investor to believe something has changed to shift the store in a new direction. (& new name)
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
21267 posts
6255 upvotes
Poormond Hill
playnicee1 wrote: How do you know that? Or, better put, stayed open as what? The area is the area. It just takes one fresh new investor to believe something has changed to shift the store in a new direction. (& new name)
If Loblaws hadn't bought the company, there would have been no need to expand TnT. Is there a need for 3 TnT Supermarkets in Markham?
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21709 posts
9001 upvotes
Toronto
sandikosh wrote: If Loblaws hadn't bought the company, there would have been no need to expand TnT. Is there a need for 3 TnT Supermarkets in Markham?
That's an evil trick question. If I say no, does it make me sound racist?
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
21267 posts
6255 upvotes
Poormond Hill
playnicee1 wrote: That's an evil trick question. If I say no, does it make me sound racist?
How would that sound racist?
Apr 6, 2009
329 posts
68 upvotes
LandKing wrote: i love loblaws and shop there most often other than costco

i never shop at no frills/food basic/freshco ..the produce/meat quality is too low and they have very little selection of other items and shopping there is like trying to buy food at dollarama. e..g can't even get good/fresh breads there.
+1. I would gladly pay the extra $5 per grocery outing for the better selection offered at Loblaws.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 23, 2009
7086 posts
5221 upvotes
sandikosh wrote: How would that sound racist?
Because they would be insinuating that White people (Galen Weston) don't understand the demographics?

Census data from 2001 and 2006 showed that the Chinese population in the GTA was growing.

If anything, ethnic food stores closing shows that the Weston family doesn't have as much influence over government policy. If they did, they wouldn't have to close stores that depend on immigration of foreigners. (That's kind of racist because it says that very few non-Chinese shop at T&T, but I think it's true .... so is the truth racist? Or is the idea of a Chinese ethnic grocery store racist? Because shoppers don't want to interact with English only Canadians.)
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21709 posts
9001 upvotes
Toronto
I wonder-Who is the landlord? Loblaws? Or a private owner collecting rent? If it's a private owner, maybe another T&T type store can open up, Private run, or Corporate run.
(ie Is there a Chalo-Freshco in the area? http://www.tfocanada.ca/news.php?item=2810 or maybe a private owner might wish to keep things running in the Middlefield location? )

Regardless, if there are enough homes in the area, any grocery store is better than the corner store for closeness.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)