Page 1 of 1

Loblaws College Square employment

Posted: May 19th, 2010 2:44 am
by ally12
Hey,

I have worked for Loblaws College Square in 2005 for 6 months and didnt leave on good terms. I worked at the meals to go dept but this time i applied ofr the cashier position since i gained experience at another loblaws. Its been 5 yrs do you think they will remeber me or they have my info on file? I can start fresh. I have been to the store on occasion and walked by the dept and I dont recognize anybody except a few. My manager at the time was young and she doesnt work there anymore but I dont know if its the same HR person since they get shuffled around stores.

Re: Loblaws College Square employment

Posted: May 19th, 2010 10:26 am
by HoleyMoley
Companies do keep your employee records on file for a long time.

If I understand correctly, you left on bad terms with the College Square Loblaws, but after that worked at a different Loblaws? If yes, then you didn't leave on bad terms with College Square, or the next one you worked at would have never hired you.

Just because you had an issue with a manager at College Square doesn't necessarily mean that they would go and put something negative in your employee file.
Or, maybe I am wrong - maybe the manager at College Square did put negative things about you in your employee file, but whoever read it at the next Loblaws disliked that manager so much, they chose to ignore it and hired you anyways.

If you left on good terms with the last Loblaws you worked at, then I think that is what they would consider.

Posted: May 19th, 2010 11:12 am
by easterclause
I go there often, I'll keep asking all the employees if they're on RFD til we meet. "Ah a fellow stingy Canadian...now, can you please show me all the best deals in the store?"

Posted: May 19th, 2010 2:14 pm
by Babbsy
Great loblaws. Work in the area and visit it often. The employees are great however more cashiers at lunch would be even better.

Posted: May 19th, 2010 7:08 pm
by Ethan15
I think it should be ok. It's been five years ...

Posted: May 19th, 2010 8:26 pm
by Ethan15
Babbsy wrote: Great loblaws. Work in the area and visit it often. The employees are great however more cashiers at lunch would be even better.
How is that possible? It's contradictory to common sense. They can't have more cashiers at lunch at the same time for an obvious reason: who's going to serve the customer?

Posted: May 19th, 2010 8:44 pm
by tkyoshi
Ethan15 wrote: How is that possible? It's contradictory to common sense. They can't have more cashiers at lunch at the same time for an obvious reason: who's going to serve the customer?
I think he might have meant more cashiers over the lunch hours. With employees on lunch breaks it's not unusual to have a shortage of employees during those hours.

Posted: May 19th, 2010 10:47 pm
by Ethan15
tkyoshi wrote: I think he might have meant more cashiers over the lunch hours. With employees on lunch breaks it's not unusual to have a shortage of employees during those hours.
Retailers use part-time employees with flexible hours and under ESA, part-time employees who work less than 4 or 5 hours I believe is not entitled to a lunch. I might be wrong

Posted: May 19th, 2010 11:43 pm
by ally12
HoleyMoley the loblaws have diffent chains and i worked at an indwpendent thats where i got my cashier experience for 4 years and i did apply to loblaws again im hoping for the best i really want to get out of mcdonalds