Expired Hot Deals

[Loblaws] HOT - PC Insiders Annual Membership $49.50 (50% off)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 13th, 2019 6:27 pm
[OP]
Jan 9, 2013
79 posts
147 upvotes
White City

[Loblaws] HOT - PC Insiders Annual Membership $49.50 (50% off)

Promo code can be found in email titled "Exclusive offer! Save 50% off a PC Insiders annual membership.".

Some people have had success with promo code 2EOAP5.

Benefits:

20% back in PC Optimum points on select brands (Diapers is the key one for us. Similar to like Amazon Prime's 20% off subscriptions)

Get free shipping and grocery pickup on select services

Annual subscribers receive a $99 PC Travel credit toward your next getaway
20181216_102645.jpg
20181216_102720.jpg
Last edited by Petford on Dec 16th, 2018 11:48 am, edited 3 times in total.
294 replies
Oct 4, 2016
147 posts
113 upvotes
i was reading this over yesterday and it sounds like a good deal..
but one of the deal breakers i noticed was.. you only get 20% off selected brands.. joe fresh and PC ORGANICS are two of them for example...

im not sure if id get the benefit limiting myself to pc organic stuff which usually has a mark up..

if im wrong and theres also regular PC items then please correct me !
Apr 12, 2013
282 posts
160 upvotes
BC
Thanks OP, tried but 'code does not exist'. Will look out for an email.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2013
1042 posts
128 upvotes
Mississauga
promo code worked for me - 55$ with taxes in. Thanks OP!
Mar 29, 2007
81 posts
34 upvotes
Thanks OP. Been a regular PC Points user for years. Worth the $55 to try it for a year and see if it's worth while.
Dec 6, 2008
290 posts
58 upvotes
Do u know if existing subscribers can get this deal somehow. I just subscribed for $99 couple of weeks back!
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2011
2230 posts
1141 upvotes
Parksville, BC
Need to spend $260 (5 X $52) per annum on qualified products to get your money's worth., that's about $5 a week. If you are a big joe fresh buyer this could easily be done. Note that you get either 20% in points or the in-store offer, whichever is higher, so it does not stack on in-store offers.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2009
1174 posts
518 upvotes
Kitchener
flopticalcube wrote:
Dec 16th, 2018 12:31 pm
Need to spend $260 (5 X $52) per annum on qualified products to get your money's worth., that's about $5 a week. If you are a big joe fresh buyer this could easily be done. Note that you get either 20% in points or the in-store offer, whichever is higher, so it does not stack on in-store offers.
The free pick up should also be factored in. For us that's the biggest feature.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2011
2230 posts
1141 upvotes
Parksville, BC
keyser-soze wrote:
Dec 16th, 2018 12:34 pm
The free pick up should also be factored in. For us that's the biggest feature.
Never used that feature, how much is it?
May 18, 2007
456 posts
466 upvotes
Toronto
Until Loblaw seriously ups their game this ain't the least bit 'hot'. Which is why they're deep discounting just a week after broadly launching it.

I seriously think it must have been Galen Weston's wife that came up with the concept - kinda like Melina Gates infamous "Clippy". This thing should have died in an early brain storming session!!

Here's an idea: how 'bout dedicated express lane, free paper bags, one free grocery delivery per month and bonus points on everything you buy - not just on horribly overpriced organic food!?! That could be worth paying for... but there's very little appeal in what they're currently offering!
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2009
1174 posts
518 upvotes
Kitchener
flopticalcube wrote:
Dec 16th, 2018 12:38 pm
Never used that feature, how much is it?

$5 per pick up for peak time. So we will easily use it 12 time through the year.

Wife puts in order and I pick it on my way home from work. Or she goes to get it and doesnt have to drag two kids under age of 3 in the store.

But ti be honest the real benefit is not buying random stuff while walking around the store. Lol. That easily save us $10 per visit
Last edited by keyser-soze on Dec 16th, 2018 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2009
1174 posts
518 upvotes
Kitchener
canada_dry wrote:
Dec 16th, 2018 12:39 pm
Until Loblaw seriously ups their game this ain't the least bit 'hot'. Which is why they're deep discounting just a week after broadly launching it.

I seriously think it must have been Galen Weston's wife that came up with the concept - kinda like Melina Gates infamous "Clippy". This thing should have died in an early brain storming session!!

Here's an idea: how 'bout dedicated express lane, free paper bags, one free grocery delivery per month and bonus points on everything you buy - not just on horribly overpriced organic food!?! That could be worth paying for... but there's very little appeal in what they're currently offering!
For us we will use more then 12 pickups easily through the year. So its def hot for us.
Aug 29, 2017
95 posts
106 upvotes
I would like to use the pick up but I don't trust we would get the freshest items when they pick. Shopping at my Loblaws store, expiry dates on things like bread, cold cuts, etc can range usually from the next day or two to 1-2 weeks so when shopping I'm always needing to look at tags to get the freshest. I suspect if I do online I will get the items about to expire and not the freshest.
Dec 24, 2011
197 posts
74 upvotes
toronto
After applying the code i still see yearly subscription fee as $99 does it come down in the final step?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

Howleyp3