Shopping Discussion

Loblaws (joe fresh) christmas return policy?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 18th, 2013 8:27 pm
Tags:
None
14 replies
Oct 31, 2012
506 posts
78 upvotes
Toronto
Clearance items are final sale
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2009
6029 posts
1391 upvotes
Toronto
Usually seasonal items are final sale at most retail outlets. Other than that you may need to be more specific.
Remember to be an RFD-er and NOT a degenerate.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2010
6737 posts
3998 upvotes
Toronto
I think OP's asking whether Loblaws has an extended return period for items purchased in the run up to Christmas, like many other retailers do. e.g. "Someone bought be a Joe Fresh shirt for Christmas, can I still return it?".

I don't know the answer though.
Mar 3, 2008
296 posts
127 upvotes
Calgary
If you have the receipt, even though it's past 14 days you can usually get a gift card / exchange for another product.
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2007
3036 posts
219 upvotes
Surrey
canadablonde23 wrote: Any one know?
What did the folks at the Customer Service desk say when you phoned or visited the local store? I'm sure they'd know.
Alan lost his fight against cancer at just 5 years, 2 months old. I'm riding to Conquer Cancer, in memory of Alan.
Please donate toward my fundraising efforts and support research into childhood cancers.
Simply scan my avatar to go straight to the donation page!
Oct 31, 2012
506 posts
78 upvotes
Toronto
iamnotamerican.com wrote: What did the folks at the Customer Service desk say when you phoned or visited the local store? I'm sure they'd know.
I don't understand replies like this. What is the harm in asking a question when someone on RFD might be able to answer their question for them with confidence? It saves the OP a trip to the store, and if someone else comes on RFD looking for an answer here is a thread that could help them. Most questions asked here can be answered with a phone call or face to face, but as we all know, experiences can differ from store to store, or wrong information is given. That is why I like RFD, because I can get an idea of what others have gone through, and sometimes, use their comments to help with my situation.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
9473 posts
2650 upvotes
kris07 wrote: I don't understand replies like this. What is the harm in asking a question when someone on RFD might be able to answer their question for them with confidence? It saves the OP a trip to the store, and if someone else comes on RFD looking for an answer here is a thread that could help them. Most questions asked here can be answered with a phone call or face to face, but as we all know, experiences can differ from store to store, or wrong information is given. That is why I like RFD, because I can get an idea of what others have gone through, and sometimes, use their comments to help with my situation.
+1. Points well made. Honestly, this is why a forum exists and I do appreciate it when people ask their questions (for better or worse) because we all learn something.
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2007
3036 posts
219 upvotes
Surrey
kris07 wrote: I don't understand replies like this.
Mine was a question. I'm presuming OP had enough brains to pick up the phone and get a knowledgable answer within a couple of minutes, instead of waiting 6hrs + to get a 'maybe' answer, so they could post the knowledgable answer here to share with others.
What is the harm in asking a question when someone on RFD might be able to answer their question for them with confidence?
Conversely, what's the harm doing a little bit of 'help yourself' research that would take no more than 5 minutes (presuming a couple of minutes on hold) first?
It saves the OP a trip to the store
Considering that OP wants to return merchandise, there's no trips saved at all. That's assuming OP actually went to the store to enquire, since there is the phone.
and if someone else comes on RFD looking for an answer here is a thread that could help them.
Hence my original question. OP can post the answer received from the customer service desk.
Most questions asked here can be answered with a phone call or face to face, but as we all know, experiences can differ from store to store, or wrong information is given.
...and the answers provided on internet forums by random strangers that may or may not have actual experience or qualified knowledge is 100% accurate? Heh...you quote Wikipedia as a source for your university assignments too, don't you?
That is why I like RFD, because I can get an idea of what others have gone through, and sometimes, use their comments to help with my situation.
Which is exactly why I asked OP to share the information they received when picking up the phone to make the quick call.

Thanks for verifying the validity of my question.
Alan lost his fight against cancer at just 5 years, 2 months old. I'm riding to Conquer Cancer, in memory of Alan.
Please donate toward my fundraising efforts and support research into childhood cancers.
Simply scan my avatar to go straight to the donation page!
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2011
1755 posts
443 upvotes
Go to the store and ask.
kris07 wrote: I don't understand replies like this. What is the harm in asking a question when someone on RFD might be able to answer their question for them with confidence? It saves the OP a trip to the store, and if someone else comes on RFD looking for an answer here is a thread that could help them. Most questions asked here can be answered with a phone call or face to face, but as we all know, experiences can differ from store to store, or wrong information is given. That is why I like RFD, because I can get an idea of what others have gone through, and sometimes, use their comments to help with my situation.
Cause OP will go to the store anyways. So why does the OP ask? Maybe OP trying to do something fraudulent? and want RFD to help.
Deal Expert
Oct 5, 2008
18179 posts
14178 upvotes
Toronto
Because the OP could get an immediate answer by calling the store or visiting their website rather than asking on RFD only to be misinformed.

Case in point:

http://www.joefresh.com/en/pages/return-policy/
iamnotamerican.com wrote: Mine was a question. I'm presuming OP had enough brains to pick up the phone and get a knowledgable answer within a couple of minutes, instead of waiting 6hrs + to get a 'maybe' answer, so they could post the knowledgable answer here to share with others.

Conversely, what's the harm doing a little bit of 'help yourself' research that would take no more than 5 minutes (presuming a couple of minutes on hold) first?

Considering that OP wants to return merchandise, there's no trips saved at all. That's assuming OP actually went to the store to enquire, since there is the phone.

Hence my original question. OP can post the answer received from the customer service desk.

...and the answers provided on internet forums by random strangers that may or may not have actual experience or qualified knowledge is 100% accurate? Heh...you quote Wikipedia as a source for your university assignments too, don't you?

Which is exactly why I asked OP to share the information they received when picking up the phone to make the quick call.

Sep 12, 2007
6145 posts
886 upvotes
Greely
iamnotamerican.com wrote: Mine was a question. I'm presuming OP had enough brains to pick up the phone and get a knowledgable answer within a couple of minutes, instead of waiting 6hrs + to get a 'maybe' answer, so they could post the knowledgable answer here to share with others.

eeeeeeeeeexactly
Deal Fanatic
Jan 25, 2004
7006 posts
6858 upvotes
Ottawa
canadablonde23 wrote: Any one know?
Your first post is this? Call them. Google it.

funny story- I bought a snowblower from Home Depot earlier this month and noticed yesterday that it had been reduced. I got off my lazy ***** and went in the store to see if they had a price guarantee because I didn't know if they did or not. Low and behold they did!!! Should have asked here first I guess.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 25, 2004
7006 posts
6858 upvotes
Ottawa

Well said. Thanked.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2011
1021 posts
70 upvotes
Dieppe
Not sure about Loblaws, but most places I think had their holiday returns extended to January 6.