Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Loblaws

Kicking Horse Coffee - $9.99 per 454gr + YMMV get 4,000 PC Points

• Last Updated:
  • May 4th, 2017 1:31 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2006
4574 posts
2460 upvotes
Got the Cliffhanger Espresso beans at Loblaws and no bonus points. YMMV
Nov 23, 2012
602 posts
300 upvotes
Toronto
Got 4000 points at Maple Leaf Garden loblaws, must be a Toronto or ON thing. Since it is a get 4000points for natural food promo, wondering what else should I get?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
9404 posts
5374 upvotes
blindemboss wrote: Never tried Kicking Horse.
Of the dark roasts, which is the strongest?
Does it compare to anything like the PC Gourmet Brand, West Coast Dark?
Grizzly Claw or 454. Yes, similar to but better than West Coast dark. West Coast dark was good when PC first put it out but it dropped in quality at some point and then we never bought it again.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2010
2973 posts
2622 upvotes
Why should I buy this when I can get a 1.36KG for 13$ at Costco?
Jun 5, 2007
284 posts
113 upvotes
Ottawa
Everytime I buy a small bag of coffee, the label says to use within two weeks after opening to maintain freshness and good taste. Has anyone opened a bag and still use the same bag a month later? Does it still taste good?
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2006
4574 posts
2460 upvotes
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This (if you're a connaisseur and I'm not)
xblackdemonx wrote: Why should I buy this when I can get a 1.36KG for 13$ at Costco?
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2008
1802 posts
1030 upvotes
Vancouver
Anybody got the PC points in Vancovuer?
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2008
2931 posts
1523 upvotes
North York
Lemmy wrote: Everytime I buy a small bag of coffee, the label says to use within two weeks after opening to maintain freshness and good taste. Has anyone opened a bag and still use the same bag a month later? Does it still taste good?
yes, it's fine if not pre-ground and if you are just using drip or a drip type machine. for espresso you need freshly roasted for good crema.

one local roaster told me they laugh internally at people obsessing over getting coffee that was roasted that day because they said the sweet spot is actually a few days after roasting generally.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2015
1158 posts
1336 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Lemmy wrote: Everytime I buy a small bag of coffee, the label says to use within two weeks after opening to maintain freshness and good taste. Has anyone opened a bag and still use the same bag a month later? Does it still taste good?
Also say no to freezers! It pulls the moisture out of everything =( bad bad bad
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2012
1176 posts
922 upvotes
i buy the good lavaza bags(11.95$) and keep them for a long time in a old coffee can with saran wrap on top. Still taste as good as when i open it, even after months.

Yet van houtte and the other wannabe premium brands taste rancid the day you open it :>
Nov 9, 2015
354 posts
104 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Bought dark roast at Carlton and Church location.

Tons left.

Got 4000 points.

The offer Showed up on the receipt as "4000 for $20 in produce".
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2005
4047 posts
3277 upvotes
Ottawa
No bonus points after getting several bags at Kanata Loblaws :-(
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
21223 posts
5939 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
xblackdemonx wrote: Why should I buy this when I can get a 1.36KG for 13$ at Costco?
Coffee has wide variation in taste and quality depending on the beans, how fresh they are, and how they're prepared.
The Costco stuff is certainly above average, but it's nowhere near the best either.
I have never tried Kicking Horse brand.
- casual gastronomist -
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2006
3173 posts
1475 upvotes
You know the coffee is mediocre if there is no roast date on the bag. This is true for Kicking Horse, which pretends to be premium but is not. For people just wanting to get good but cheap coffee, I would suggest Santo Domingo. They sell it at Superstore. Yes, it is stale same as KH, but it is not bitter and quite smooth.
Dec 20, 2015
850 posts
678 upvotes
Thrasher wrote: You know the coffee is mediocre if there is no roast date on the bag. This is true for Kicking Horse, which pretends to be premium but is not. For people just wanting to get good but cheap coffee, I would suggest Santo Domingo. They sell it at Superstore. Yes, it is stale same as KH, but it is not bitter and quite smooth.
The bitter, the better.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2008
2931 posts
1523 upvotes
North York
Thrasher wrote: You know the coffee is mediocre if there is no roast date on the bag. This is true for Kicking Horse, which pretends to be premium but is not. For people just wanting to get good but cheap coffee, I would suggest Santo Domingo. They sell it at Superstore. Yes, it is stale same as KH, but it is not bitter and quite smooth.
you can tell KH is generally fairly fresh because it blooms in drip and because it creates decent crema in espresso. i mix up my coffee purchasing between KH and some local roasters because KH on sale is less than half the price and not just half as good.
Temp. Banned
Jul 11, 2011
4978 posts
3330 upvotes
Ontario
I got the SCOP deal today on a bag of Three Sisters that was sitting on the shelf with yesterday's sales tag still on it.

The current price is back up to $15.99, so they honored the $9.99 sale price and gave it to me for free.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)