Hot Deals

[Loblaws] Thurs/fri/Saturday only - PC Old fashioned style bacon 1kg - $8.88

  • Last Updated:
  • Jan 19th, 2019 9:44 am
[OP]
Member
Nov 1, 2016
335 posts
356 upvotes
Toronto

[Loblaws] Thurs/fri/Saturday only - PC Old fashioned style bacon 1kg - $8.88

Loblaws is having their 3-day sale for PC bacon!

Great deal for bacon lovers.

Not so great for arteries.
Images
  • Screenshot_2019-01-18-13-23-13-485_com.wishabi.flipp.png
32 replies
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jan 10, 2008
10738 posts
13593 upvotes
Montreal
Love that thick bacon, too bad this week's 1200 points only apply to the No Name brand
Newbie
User avatar
Nov 10, 2011
60 posts
21 upvotes
Niagara Region
same deal at Zehrs
Sr. Member
May 31, 2005
661 posts
190 upvotes
Do these have nitrates in them? If so, not hot at all.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 24, 2005
1737 posts
1357 upvotes
setTopbox wrote:
Jan 18th, 2019 3:18 pm
Do these have nitrates in them? If so, not hot at all.
If you do not know the difference between nitrates and nitrites, you automatically lose the privilege of calling this deal "hot" or "not hot"...
Sr. Member
May 31, 2005
661 posts
190 upvotes
ahoroba wrote:
If you do not know the difference between nitrates and nitrites, you automatically lose the privilege of calling this deal "hot" or "not hot"...
Nope. I don’t know the difference. What I do know is that cured meats are associated with cancer due to these preservatives. *
Last edited by MrDisco on Jan 18th, 2019 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: unneccesary
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
19202 posts
5473 upvotes
setTopbox wrote:
Jan 18th, 2019 3:18 pm
Do these have nitrates in them? If so, not hot at all.
The ironic thing is that nitrate free bacon breask down to have more nitrites than regular bacon.
When you're using celery juice (aka natural nitrates) it's not nearly as regulated as curing salt so the final nitrite count usually ends up significantly higher than regular bacon.

I'll take my regular dose of cancer instead of a dose of super cancer thank you very much.
Sr. Member
May 31, 2005
661 posts
190 upvotes
death_hawk wrote: The ironic thing is that nitrate free bacon breask down to have more nitrites than regular bacon.
When you're using celery juice (aka natural nitrates) it's not nearly as regulated as curing salt so the final nitrite count usually ends up significantly higher than regular bacon.

I'll take my regular dose of cancer instead of a dose of super cancer thank you very much.
Good to know. I’ll avoid this shit all together in that case. Why take chances.
Member
Feb 20, 2008
230 posts
149 upvotes
setTopbox wrote:
Jan 18th, 2019 3:46 pm
Good to know. I’ll avoid this shit all together in that case. Why take chances.
Why so angry? It's only bacon, dude.......
Jr. Member
Oct 27, 2016
184 posts
327 upvotes
setTopbox wrote:
Jan 18th, 2019 3:46 pm
Good to know. I’ll avoid this shit all together in that case. Why take chances.
If the deal isn't hot for you, move on. You aren't the center of the Earth, let alone Canada.

For others, it is hot.

For your information, yes cured meats are carcinogenic due to the nitrosamines reacting with the acid in our stomach. The key point to that and everything in general is that the dose makes the poison. Even seared meat is carcinogenic.

Water can kill you too if you drink enough. You don't see any people complaining about water bottle deals on here because they can kill you, do you?
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2018
4503 posts
4703 upvotes
Bacon is properly keto-friendly. A blessing.

Go easy on all meats except lean chicken and salmon, though.

Your friendly neighborhood keto advisor.

God bless.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 24, 2005
1737 posts
1357 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote:
Jan 18th, 2019 5:37 pm
Bacon is properly keto-friendly. A blessing.
Go easy on all meats except lean chicken and salmon, though. Your friendly neighborhood keto advisor. God bless.
Recommending "lean chicken" will get you ridiculed in any serious keto forum. I know that your intentions are good, but please stick to giving more blessings and less (pseudo-) keto advice...
Last edited by ahoroba on Jan 18th, 2019 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Nov 24, 2012
5315 posts
1515 upvotes
Space
I make my own bacon without preservatives. If I’m ever in desperate need I usually buy this exact bacon. It’s really good tasting.

Top