• Last Updated:
  • Jan 19th, 2019 9:44 am
Oct 3, 2005
444 posts
21 upvotes
Ottawa
ahoroba wrote:
Jan 18th, 2019 6:03 pm
Recommending "lean chicken" will get you ridiculed in any serious keto forum. I know that your intentions are good, but please stick to giving more blessings and less (pseudo-) keto advice...
I disagree. Fat is where all the toxins are actually stored. If you eat a fatty chicken piece from a typical non organic chicken that eats 2% of its food from chicken ( yes you read that right, 2% of the grain in chicken feed contains actual chicken to increase the protein content) that's where all the toxins are. So a leaner cut + add your own healthy fats is better than a fatty cut from a subpar chicken, not only that the Omega 3 and omega 6 imbalance from eating grain fed cattle and chicken.
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2005
1814 posts
1411 upvotes
knight wrote:
Jan 19th, 2019 9:18 am
I disagree. Fat is where all the toxins are actually stored. If you eat a fatty chicken piece from a typical non organic chicken that eats 2% of its food from chicken ( yes you read that right, 2% of the grain in chicken feed contains actual chicken to increase the protein content) that's where all the toxins are. So a leaner cut + add your own healthy fats is better than a fatty cut from a subpar chicken, not only that the Omega 3 and omega 6 imbalance from eating grain fed cattle and chicken.
It goes without saying that "organic chicken" is the only way to go if one intends to eat the skin and fat of the bird.
This pretty much applies to everything.
Even the salmon (recommended, without limit, above by @redflagdealsguy) can have a lot of toxins in its fat, if it is of the "non-organic, farmed" variety (and, to parallel your information regarding the disgusting things they feed them, farmed salmon is fed much worse chicken sub-products, like ground-up chicken feathers/claws, chicken manure, chicken fat, etc.)
Deal Fanatic
Feb 24, 2018
5094 posts
5316 upvotes
ahoroba wrote:
Jan 19th, 2019 9:35 am
It goes without saying that "organic chicken" is the only way to go if one intends to eat the skin and fat of the bird.
This pretty much applies to everything.
Even the salmon (recommended, without limit, above by @redflagdealsguy) can have a lot of toxins in its fat, if it is of the "non-organic, farmed" variety (and, to parallel your information regarding the disgusting things they feed them, farmed salmon is fed much worse chicken sub-products, like ground-up chicken feathers/claws, chicken manure, chicken fat, etc.)
I agree that organic salmon and chicken are the way to go, but you need to eat quite a bit of farmed salmon before contaminants are concern. The health benefits far outweigh the negatives, the same goes for lean chicken (in moderation).

Bacon is the keto version of candy, enjoy it once in a while, but not often. The same goes for all red meats.

Seacrest out.