• Last Updated:
  • Jul 2nd, 2008 12:48 pm
Tags:
None
Dec 28, 2007
97 posts
mississauga

lobster sub back at Subway..

This must be a summer item.. I thought they gave up the idea for good! Lobster sub is back..decided to give it another try. It's an ok sandwich, but expensive for what you get. If there was more meat i think this would be good!
24 replies
Deal Fanatic
Oct 17, 2006
5309 posts
275 upvotes
thepersianguy wrote: 17.xx for a footlong
seriously? omg..i could of buy a 1 1/2 lobster and cook it myself for cheaper than that!
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
18836 posts
1902 upvotes
Elmira
What do you put as condiments on it?
Dec 28, 2007
97 posts
mississauga
I put tomatoes, lettuce, cucumbers, a little mayo, salt/pepper.. on a white bun.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
7403 posts
1790 upvotes
I think subway is a ripoff to begin with... now $17.xx for a lobster sub... you can get a two pound lobster for that price, and probably make 4 sandwiches out of it.
Deal Expert
Sep 3, 2007
16039 posts
400 upvotes
17.xx for a footlong sandwich? it sure as hell better be worth it.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
1804 posts
70 upvotes
Vancouver
A "luxurious" delicacy in a fastfood type restaurant?

Next on the menu:
caviar sub
swollow nest sub
frio gras sub
spot finder
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2006
3593 posts
379 upvotes
Richmond
Is it actual fresh lobster meat, or stale lobster meat but into small pieces so you can't taste it?
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2005
1053 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2006
6424 posts
471 upvotes
Toronto
subway is way too expensive...their subs anert even that great.. i rather pay a little more get a better sub at quiznos
Deal Fanatic
Feb 26, 2008
5135 posts
55 upvotes
Is it real lobster or like that stuff they put in sushi and call "crab" which is really king crab imitation pollock?

Nothing against the fake crab meats as i do eat them :lol:

I think instead of Subway, go to a fish market store (in Ottawa there is Merivale Fish market, Lapointe, Pelican fishery) and they will steam your lobster for you for free :)

They have even cooked shrimp for me before :)

or if no good fish shop nearby, Loblaws and most grocery sells canned lobster meat that is frozen and it is very good.
My parents used to buy that when I was a kid and I recall you just had to defrost (obviously) the can and they would serve with lemon juice or over salad.
Those 1lb cans are about $15-20 I'm guessing.
You could probably make 4 sandwiches out of it, ot else 1 sandwich and use lobster meat for pasta dishes or whatever.
Deal Guru
Dec 31, 2005
13306 posts
750 upvotes
Bookpreviews wrote: Is it real lobster or like that stuff they put in sushi and call "crab" which is really king crab imitation pollock?

Nothing against the fake crab meats as i do eat them :lol:

I think instead of Subway, go to a fish market store (in Ottawa there is Merivale Fish market, Lapointe, Pelican fishery) and they will steam your lobster for you for free :)

They have even cooked shrimp for me before :)

or if no good fish shop nearby, Loblaws and most grocery sells canned lobster meat that is frozen and it is very good.
My parents used to buy that when I was a kid and I recall you just had to defrost (obviously) the can and they would serve with lemon juice or over salad.
Those 1lb cans are about $15-20 I'm guessing.
You could probably make 4 sandwiches out of it, ot else 1 sandwich and use lobster meat for pasta dishes or whatever.
The lobsters at your local Sobeys or Dominion are steamed for free as well if you want.
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
18836 posts
1902 upvotes
Elmira
Why the hell would you put raw onions and pickles and peppers on a lobster sub?

You basically defeated the purpose, big time
Banned
Nov 29, 2005
4853 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
i'll try it if its like 5-6 bucks, but 17 umm no. i can eat a nice t-bone steak for that price
Mar 2, 2007
727 posts
23 upvotes
Paolo wrote: i'll try it if its like 5-6 bucks, but 17 umm no. i can eat a nice t-bone steak for that price
I agree with you on that one, Subway is so overpriced as it is too.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2006
1319 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto
My grandfather ate this when it was first introduced and claims that it is imitation lobster meat, i.e. alaska pollack or something like that.
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2003
3922 posts
305 upvotes
lol at the pictures. I really doubt you'd get as much lobster meat as the pictures show.
Banned
May 28, 2008
258 posts
Brampton, Ontario
Justin wrote: lol at the pictures. I really doubt you'd get as much lobster meat as the pictures show.
I couldn't agree 100% more. When I first saw the add I was like "Wow. That's alot of lobster for a sub. Looks decent". But comparing it now to the picture I say "Shennanigans!". That's why I don't eat at subway anymore.

-Too expensive, not filling and it's ridiculous. Plus, the lobster meat looks fake. Better off going to a Quiznos or a 2nd generation sub store. Or even the good ol' Canadian Pita Pit. :D