Freebies

[Local MP Office] Free Authentic, 3'x6', Canadian Flag

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 31st, 2019 6:18 am
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
1537 posts
6909 upvotes
mike10 wrote: wow I sent a email today at around 7 am and the local MP's wife just knocked on my door to give it to me
Same day shipping? Can we PM that expedited shipping with other MPs? Can you post proof of email and delivery for us to PM? Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
26209 posts
4445 upvotes
Hamilton
Leverage wrote: Same day shipping? Can we PM that expedited shipping with other MPs? Can you post proof of email and delivery for us to PM? Face With Tears Of Joy

Careful what you say man... that’s waste of tax payers dollars
$35/5GB Koodo
$120/3Months PM
Sep 8, 2004
960 posts
99 upvotes
(Edmonton West) Kelly McCauley's secretary responded to say "I will put a Canada flag in the mail this afternoon". I guess we'll see if it's really the 3'x6' one, but no mention of limited numbers etc.
Nov 30, 2011
155 posts
95 upvotes
dilligafeh wrote: Should've asked for a swastika flag...

I stopped by the office of my MP today as it was on my way and got one. I simply asked them politely and they offered more than one but I refused and thanked them for the flag. It all took less than a minute from the time I walked in and was greeted.
I think you have more to be concerned about if your MP is stalking Nazi flags.
Last edited by Bzzzzt on Jun 13th, 2019 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 30, 2011
155 posts
95 upvotes
zebracobra007 wrote: I believe they're hand woven by the MP during their spare time. maybe also signed.
Thanks for a good laugh.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2017
1573 posts
1013 upvotes
Calgary
N8Magic wrote: For anyone taking advantage of this, PLEASE be sure to follow proper flag protocol when displaying:

https://www.canada.ca/en/canadian-herit ... rules.html

It is a symbol of our national pride after all, and deserves the respect outlined in the link above.
When I think of the red flag, I think of the Red Flag Deals.
A symbol of our national pride.
Nov 14, 2015
310 posts
144 upvotes
Unionville, ON
Got a free flag a few years ago, they also have Canadian flag pins that they give away. I remember calling ahead of time last year and requesting 10-20 pins to take and give away when I went to Cuba, all the hotel staff loved them
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
3364 posts
3423 upvotes
GTA
Thanks OP. I'll reserve one and then give it to my local elementary school --right now they're shamelessly flying a faded and tattered flag
Oct 1, 2016
39 posts
23 upvotes
Lexi wrote: My flag is on it’s way to me.
Any deals on poles?
I added a flag pole to our balcony using this
https://www.rona.ca/en/chain-link-fence ... l-18455125
at the top I used a white end cap to pass a rope in it, similar to this one.
[ https://www.rona.ca/en/fence---band-and-rail-end ]

Total cost for a ten foot flag pole under $20.
Image of the flags https://photos.google.com/album/AF1QipN ... 0s0f8GI6dk
Deal Addict
May 8, 2007
1084 posts
427 upvotes
Turbanville
nellium wrote: What exactly makes it authentic?
“Made In China “ sticker on “Canadian” flag makes it Authentic Canadian!!!
:razz: "Beer" :razz:
:arrow: The cause of :arrowl:
and :arrow: solution to :arrowl: all of life's problems.
"SMART" People always makes SMART Choice..!!!!! :cheesygri :
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2009
1946 posts
983 upvotes
North Vancouver
Picked up mine today and it looks great! Never would have known about this if it wasn't for the OP's post - thanks man!
Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. (George Carlin)
Guns don't kill people, people kill people. And monkeys do too - if they have a gun. (Eddie Izzard)
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2008
2739 posts
2281 upvotes
Oakville
2GOOGLE wrote: “Made In China “ sticker on “Canadian” flag makes it Authentic Canadian!!!
Read the thread, these are all made in Canada, and someone already made that joke, like twice.
-ZdpZ... ;)