Entrepreneurship & Small Business

Locked: Locating Buyers who are ready to buy: any services that locate them?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 18th, 2019 10:13 pm
[OP]
Banned
Jan 13, 2019
16 posts
5 upvotes

Locating Buyers who are ready to buy: any services that locate them?

Hi everyone! So I've got capital (sort of), got the tie ups with the factories overseas. I located the names of buyers who purchase the goods too. Now I need someone or some service to cold call them. follow up and sell the products, and I would want them to work on a commission basis. I'm located in Toronto.

Would someone have an idea of any services that does this type of B2B service? I don't even know what they'd be called: "Business facilitators"? "Cold callers"? "Call centres"?

Would there be any Trade Magazine/Newsletter/Online board where I can go for further research?

Any relevant ideas welcome. Thanks.
Share:
20 replies
[OP]
Banned
Jan 13, 2019
16 posts
5 upvotes
eonibm wrote:
Jan 14th, 2019 11:15 pm
It's called 'salespeople hungry for commission'. There's no magic way to find customers 'ready to buy'. It's hard work slogging away.
So? I wanted to know the contacts who could do that (if known to anyone): not what it involved.

I have found the customers already. Read the original post!
Deal Guru
Aug 2, 2010
13192 posts
3409 upvotes
Here 'n There
FlyingBizman wrote:
Jan 15th, 2019 12:42 am
So? I wanted to know the contacts who could do that (if known to anyone): not what it involved.

I have found the customers already. Read the original post!
And I answered! the contacts are 'salespeople hungry for commission'. There is no 'magic' fountain of such people just available for the picking. Start looking.
[OP]
Banned
Jan 13, 2019
16 posts
5 upvotes
eonibm wrote:
Jan 15th, 2019 12:21 pm
And I answered! the contacts are 'salespeople hungry for commission'. There is no 'magic' fountain of such people just available for the picking. Start looking.
No you didn't You either know or you don't. In this case, you don't so move along. I *AM* looking, and this post is part of that, but I guess such obvious answers are too hard for some people to get.
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
41200 posts
2397 upvotes
Richmond Hill
FlyingBizman wrote:
Jan 15th, 2019 12:31 pm
No you didn't You either know or you don't. In this case, you don't so move along. I *AM* looking, and this post is part of that, but I guess such obvious answers are too hard for some people to get.
I think his recommendation was for you to hire a sales person and give your leads to him/her to follow up. For the right commission, you should be able to hire someone.
***Brand New Google Home Hub ONLY $165!!***
Silver Coins | Google Home Hub | Philips Wake-Up Light with Radio
Heatware | RFD Feedback
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
24926 posts
11216 upvotes
Ottawa
Top tier electronic manufactures in my industry uses "Reps" (both national and regional) that acts as the liaison between the buyer and distributor.
What you can do is lookup a competitor and see who they use as their rep (if applicable) and distributors.
Deal Guru
Aug 2, 2010
13192 posts
3409 upvotes
Here 'n There
FlyingBizman wrote:
Jan 15th, 2019 12:31 pm
Yes you are right. I don't know where the magical source is that automatically will present you with buyers.... um, because there isn't such a thing. You hire sales people and give them a big carrot and see what happens. Some will work out and some will not (most not). Rinse & repeat until you have success.

The way you are approaching this indicates an extremely juvenile understanding about how to earn revenue.
[OP]
Banned
Jan 13, 2019
16 posts
5 upvotes
vkizzle wrote:
Jan 15th, 2019 3:55 pm
Top tier electronic manufactures in my industry uses "Reps" (both national and regional) that acts as the liaison between the buyer and distributor.
What you can do is lookup a competitor and see who they use as their rep (if applicable) and distributors.
Thanks.
[OP]
Banned
Jan 13, 2019
16 posts
5 upvotes
eonibm wrote:
Jan 15th, 2019 10:01 pm
Yes you are right. I don't know where the magical source is that automatically will present you with buyers.... um, because there isn't such a thing. You hire sales people and give them a big carrot and see what happens. Some will work out and some will not (most not). Rinse & repeat until you have success.

The way you are approaching this indicates an extremely juvenile understanding about how to earn revenue.
Oh there we go, the real gem. Yeah, you don't know (as you admitted) nothing.

I am getting some suggestions, like one poster above, who I thanked.

Big carrot, huh? Lucky I'm the employer and not a commission junkie. "There is no such a thing": I agree that to losers, there is and there will be no such thing.
[OP]
Banned
Jan 13, 2019
16 posts
5 upvotes
I agree that I should hire salespersons on commission. Apart from web based resources, Any other suggestions? Thanks.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2015
1328 posts
169 upvotes
Markham, ON
Have you try cold calling yourself before? Why don't you now go through your own list and see if you can make any sales, whether someone will pick up your call.

Are you so busy that you can't make your own calls?
Deal Guru
Aug 2, 2010
13192 posts
3409 upvotes
Here 'n There
FlyingBizman wrote:
Jan 15th, 2019 10:42 pm
Oh there we go, the real gem. Yeah, you don't know (as you admitted) nothing.

I am getting some suggestions, like one poster above, who I thanked.

Big carrot, huh? Lucky I'm the employer and not a commission junkie. "There is no such a thing": I agree that to losers, there is and there will be no such thing.
Yes, he provided you with the gem of information to use sales people. As for his golden nugget to poach them from the competition, well isn't that idea as old as the hills! lol. The fact these are revelations to you makes me roll my eyes and say res ipsa loquitor.
Jul 19, 2010
23 posts
8 upvotes
Industry reps, line reps, multiline reps.

Look for trade magazines and trade associations in your specific industry. It would also behoove you to find out how reps in your industry are compensated now (commission rates, expenses, etc) and figure out how to make your new, unproven line stand out from their existing lines.
Penalty Box
Dec 27, 2013
8003 posts
3914 upvotes
Toronto
vkizzle wrote:
Jan 15th, 2019 3:55 pm

You talk a lot...but it's all shit!
Reps and distributors are not exclusive to only one manufacturer.
Go back to your border go-fer runs and leave the real business talk to those that knows!
Dude, you said the exact same thing... "Reps" are sales people.... A sales person facilitates between the manufacturer and the buyer... that's the definition of a sales person.

Hiring a 3rd party to do that for you.... or hiring individual sales team to do it for you.. IS THE SAME THING!!!!!!

however i don't know why any company would hire a 3rd party to act as a liaison, when they could just do it in-house?? that makes no sense to me. how you going to prep a 3rd party sales team with your needs, or your product, to go out there and get the business for you, or close the deal for you.

serious question, do you really understand your industry? who are the reps you refer to - regional and national?? Sounds like an in house sales team to me.

One last point, I'm surprised you would tell Eonibm he doesn't know shit and attack him like that. He's probably the most intelligent guy on the small business forum, and actually knows his shit. On top of that, he's provided tons of value in RE thread - guy even became a Realtor and has spread a wealth of knowledge for that industry as well.
Not only am I sure he is 100x smarter than you (maybe you are book smart vkizzle, I don't know), but he's certainly way more business savvy that you are, and I'm pretty sure he is also 10x wealthier than you are as well.. and his "go-fer" running business, which is likely his side hustle that he does for fun, probably makes more money than your full time job.

Anyway, point is if there is someone TO listen to on these forums, he's probably the 1, and he's proven himself unlike all the other spam on here. his opinion or idea actually holds weight, the OP of this thread joined this forum 1 week ago and wants someone to hand out the sales bible to him... he's on here telling us about a factory he has, but can't figure out how a sales team works?? REALY???
why should anyone feed him a serious answer? OP is a troll. lets be real.