• May 29th, 2012 1:19 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
May 29, 2011
139 posts
14 upvotes

Location Field

I have sent a request email about this before, but did not hear back, and it has been over a month.

I see many people have custom locations, or blank locations, and mine keeps defaulting back to what you see at the side. I want it to be blank. I empty the Location field, and it just defaults back next time I post. I changed it to something like Ontario, Canada and it changes back. I even tried "Here, there be Dragons", "Iron Throne", "Undisclosed" and random other things. Please someone tell me how I can make it blank. I don't want my Ex tracking me down, and he knows I use this forum. He was very abuse to me and I ended our relationship and moved. I don't want to have to leave the forums, and I like being able to post.
5 replies
Deal Guru
Oct 14, 2003
14219 posts
1069 upvotes
Check to see if you have a yellow pages account, they are linked and RFD pulls the location from there for some reason.
Science
is the new
rock 'n'
roll.
[OP]
May 29, 2011
139 posts
14 upvotes
Ojam wrote:
May 28th, 2012 3:51 pm
Check to see if you have a yellow pages account, they are linked and RFD pulls the location from there for some reason.

I don't have an account there unless it was automatic when I signed up here last year. I don't even see a place to login/signup there.
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2011
3956 posts
213 upvotes
Ontario, Canada
I have been having the same issue when I try to change my location. Try clicking 'remember me or stay logged in' when you sign in and then change your location, it should stick if you stay logged in on the same computer.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 23, 2008
7127 posts
1736 upvotes
If you are concerned about your safety/privacy then its better to start fresh. If you dont have much to lose in your post/account perhaps PM the Admin so they could close this account for you and you can start with a new one. That way your location, as well as username will be different making it harder for anyone to know who you are.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted - Ezio Auditore.