• Feb 13th, 2018 6:05 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2007
5653 posts
648 upvotes
Vancouver Island, BC

Location for Health Discussion

Discussion of health related topics seems to me to be in a peculiar grouping and location.

“Health” is grouped with “Beauty” in “Beauty & Wellness”.

“Beauty & Wellness” is a subset of “Fashion & Apparel”.

So following that flow, health related discussion I related to fashion, apparel and beauty.

I suggest that Wellness be separated from these unrelated topics.

Quite a number of threads are initiated in Off Topic that are discuss difficulties that people have in their relationships. It is not surprising when suggestions there include seeing a medical, mental health, or counseling professional.

I suggest that Wellness be grouped with relationship into “Wellness & Relationships”.
Earthlings, you're evicted.
You are not getting the damage deposit back.

God
10 replies
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
8753 posts
13047 upvotes
Scarborough
There probably is some better optimization of the above mentioned forums. We'll take a look into it.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Sep 9, 2017
319 posts
172 upvotes
Winnipeg
Great suggestion. I would love to see Health & Wellness as a forum of its own. I think it would attract a lot more discussion than the current organization.
Sep 30, 2001
26647 posts
5600 upvotes
Toronto
TomRFD wrote:
Jan 31st, 2018 12:35 pm
There probably is some better optimization of the above mentioned forums. We'll take a look into it.
speaking as a user:
if the numbers warrant it, i also would like to see health topics broken out of fashion & apparel (and perhaps merge beauty with fashion to bolster those numbers).
Don't talk about it, be about it
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
8753 posts
13047 upvotes
Scarborough
Changing "Beauty & Wellness" to "Health & Wellness" and merging Beauty with "Fashion & Apparel" to become "Fashion, Apparel & Beauty" would be my suggestion here. I'm open to any other ideas as well.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2007
5653 posts
648 upvotes
Vancouver Island, BC
TomRFD wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 12:20 pm
Changing "Beauty & Wellness" to "Health & Wellness" and merging Beauty with "Fashion & Apparel" to become "Fashion, Apparel & Beauty" would be my suggestion here. I'm open to any other ideas as well.
I wonder about the necessity or usefulness of “Beauty”. The words fashion and apparel are both neutral in principle. The word beauty seems to me to be quite loaded with strong variations based on culture, age, gender and other variables. I don’t see that inclusion of the word beauty provides benefit.

God
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
8753 posts
13047 upvotes
Scarborough
MexiCanuck wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 12:57 pm
I wonder about the necessity or usefulness of “Beauty”. The words fashion and apparel are both neutral in principle. The word beauty seems to me to be quite loaded with strong variations based on culture, age, gender and other variables. I don’t see that inclusion of the word beauty provides benefit.
There aren't a ton of discussions I'd classify as "beauty" but they do exist and I'd like a clear home for them. Perhaps using "Cosmetics" or something along those lines.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2007
5653 posts
648 upvotes
Vancouver Island, BC
TomRFD wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 1:14 pm
Perhaps using "Cosmetics" or something along those lines.
Cosmetics sounds pretty neutral, and more clear as well.

God
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
8753 posts
13047 upvotes
Scarborough
MexiCanuck wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 4:54 pm
Cosmetics sounds pretty neutral, and more clear as well.
Unless someone else chimes in with a better suggestion that's what we'll do then. It'll likely happen within the next week or so.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 1, 2011
5445 posts
1006 upvotes
Apparel, Fashion & Cosmetics. I think apparel has the broadest audience so it should be first.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2007
5653 posts
648 upvotes
Vancouver Island, BC
I’m hoping now that relationship discussion can be moved in with health. Relationship threads seem to be started in Off Topic.

They have themes like “My girlfriend and I fight”, “Why can’t I find a relationship?”, “My parents want to marry someone (fill in a blank)”, etc.

Commonly the ensuing discussion includes suggestions regarding someone getting counselling, seeing a psychologist, getting a referral from a physician, etc.

God