• Last Updated:
  • Dec 7th, 2017 11:03 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 17, 2005
3713 posts
458 upvotes

locking thread for low content

why may I ask ? possible to keep "low content" threads open ? especially those where there is no name calling etc. ...
5 replies
Sep 27, 2003
8293 posts
1629 upvotes
Newmarket
Low Content is low content and is subject to closure if it provides no value to the forum or its community.
RFD Forums Moderator
Corporate Account Manager for a Bell Mobility Reseller
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2010
4009 posts
561 upvotes
Aurora
LOL. The "How to talk to cute bus driver" thread is almost 20 pages long. Can there be great content there?Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes

Actually, I do agree with lubmar in that there should be a bit more leeway to keep threads open. Adds more variety to the usual political, left/right, liberal/conservative, merry-go-round.
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2010
2976 posts
2136 upvotes
Burnaby
DiceMan wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 5:17 pm
LOL. The "How to talk to cute bus driver" thread is almost 20 pages long. Can there be great content there?Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes

Actually, I do agree with lubmar in that there should be a bit more leeway to keep threads open. Adds more variety to the usual political, left/right, liberal/conservative, merry-go-round.
That thread is not only a low-content thread full of trolling replies, it's just a personal blog [which is forbidden according to RFD Forums Rules/ToS]. The decline of off topics has no lower bound.
yare yare daze...

[space reserved for peddling, shilling, self-promotion and advertising]
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2008
1974 posts
900 upvotes
Montreal
You've been here long enough to know it's just a catch all phrase for mods to lock whatever thread they personally don't like.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
8581 posts
12928 upvotes
Scarborough
There is some leeway with our low content rule but it's at the discretion of the moderators. As with any moderator action you can submit a request (to myself) for review but that particular type of action doesn't often get reversed.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].