• Apr 4th, 2018 10:52 am
Tags:
[OP]
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
9020 posts
13408 upvotes
Scarborough

Our log in server went down overnight. It appears to have been an issue with the YellowID system which is also what caused it to go down last Sunday. We're currently investigating why it happened and someone from our dev team will provide an update once we have more information to share.

We were working on making improvements to our communications for when these things happen however it happened so soon after the previous outage that we did not have time to roll out most of them. We posted to our social media channels and were in the process of adding a site wide alert (but the server came back up so we did not proceed with that). Our support systems automated reply was also updated to inform users of the outage.

It may sound like a broken record but we really are sorry that this continues to happen and apologize for the inconvenience this causes. As an update to those who did not read through the previous thread, we are working on separating our log in system from YellowID so A) these issues happen less frequently, and B) we can fix them ourselves and minimize the downtime.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
15 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2015
1797 posts
512 upvotes
Brampton, ON
Good to know.

My night shift dragged due to this!
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
18249 posts
268 upvotes
YVR
I have been experiencing login issues lately and I think the most recent one was on the 11th. Very annoying.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2010
8571 posts
1352 upvotes
兩最大
Sgt_Strider wrote:
Feb 12th, 2018 8:17 pm
I have been experiencing login issues lately and I think the most recent one was on the 11th. Very annoying.
Ya, same here, frustrating!
[OP]
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
9020 posts
13408 upvotes
Scarborough
Sgt_Strider wrote:
Feb 12th, 2018 8:17 pm
tranquility922 wrote:
Feb 12th, 2018 9:26 pm
Ya, same here, frustrating!
The only recent log in server issues were on Feb. 4th (running into the 5th) and Feb. 11th. If you are experiencing an issue logging in now please let me know.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
18249 posts
268 upvotes
YVR
TomRFD wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 11:38 am
The only recent log in server issues were on Feb. 4th (running into the 5th) and Feb. 11th. If you are experiencing an issue logging in now please let me know.
I had login issues on my phone last night, but no issues logging in from the desktop.
Deal Guru
Feb 8, 2014
14486 posts
3959 upvotes
Just happened again, though i got in on the second attempt (but for how long?)
Lies, damned lies, statistics and alternative facts
Feb 1, 2011
130 posts
63 upvotes
Vancouver
Quentin5 wrote:
Feb 17th, 2018 9:03 pm
Just happened again, though i got in on the second attempt (but for how long?)
clean your browser cookie and try again.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2010
8571 posts
1352 upvotes
兩最大
Logged off on smartphone around 2a today and cannot get back on; laptop was ok. So frustrating!
Deal Guru
Feb 8, 2014
14486 posts
3959 upvotes
tranquility922 wrote:
Mar 14th, 2018 4:09 am
Logged off on smartphone around 2a today and cannot get back on; laptop was ok. So frustrating!
I had the same problem, it came back after a while
Lies, damned lies, statistics and alternative facts
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2012
2671 posts
1208 upvotes
Ottawa
I experienced this yesterday (Mar. 16), couldn't log in for most of the day. Was finally able to do so this morning.

Experienced this trying to access on a desktop using Chrome 65, could not log in to the Android app either.

Still unable to log into the Android app. "Please login with your YellowPages.ca credentials"

Very annoying, this is the third time in the last little while that this has happened
prae praesto filum clostrum
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2010
8571 posts
1352 upvotes
兩最大
This is DRIVING ME NUTS. Logged off in my smartphone around March 28 midnight thereabouts. CRAZY! What can possibly be the prb??????

Are they just using this ruse to force one to sign up via FB???
[OP]
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
9020 posts
13408 upvotes
Scarborough
tranquility922 wrote:
Mar 29th, 2018 7:39 am
This is DRIVING ME NUTS. Logged off in my smartphone around March 28 midnight thereabouts. CRAZY! What can possibly be the prb??????

Are they just using this ruse to force one to sign up via FB???
I'm sorry you experienced that but it seems to be an isolated incident. None of my devices were logged out nor did I receive any other reports of this happening to other users. Whether you use Facebook or email/password logins shouldn't matter. I don't use Facebook myself.

Please send me some info on your phone:

Device, OS version, RFD App version (or web browser type and version if it happened outside of our app). This might help us figure out what happened.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2010
8571 posts
1352 upvotes
兩最大
TomRFD wrote:
Mar 29th, 2018 9:11 am
I'm sorry you experienced that but it seems to be an isolated incident. None of my devices were logged out nor did I receive any other reports of this happening to other users. Whether you use Facebook or email/password logins shouldn't matter. I don't use Facebook myself.

Please send me some info on your phone:

Device, OS version, RFD App version (or web browser type and version if it happened outside of our app). This might help us figure out what happened.
Regret late reply. I hope it won't occur again and it's just a freak occurrence, but will provide info if it does. Tx.