• Feb 17th, 2018 9:03 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
8753 posts
13047 upvotes
Scarborough

Our log in server went down overnight. It appears to have been an issue with the YellowID system which is also what caused it to go down last Sunday. We're currently investigating why it happened and someone from our dev team will provide an update once we have more information to share.

We were working on making improvements to our communications for when these things happen however it happened so soon after the previous outage that we did not have time to roll out most of them. We posted to our social media channels and were in the process of adding a site wide alert (but the server came back up so we did not proceed with that). Our support systems automated reply was also updated to inform users of the outage.

It may sound like a broken record but we really are sorry that this continues to happen and apologize for the inconvenience this causes. As an update to those who did not read through the previous thread, we are working on separating our log in system from YellowID so A) these issues happen less frequently, and B) we can fix them ourselves and minimize the downtime.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
7 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2015
1635 posts
448 upvotes
Brampton, ON
Good to know.

My night shift dragged due to this!
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
18005 posts
222 upvotes
YVR
I have been experiencing login issues lately and I think the most recent one was on the 11th. Very annoying.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2010
8020 posts
1158 upvotes
兩最大
Sgt_Strider wrote:
Feb 12th, 2018 8:17 pm
I have been experiencing login issues lately and I think the most recent one was on the 11th. Very annoying.
Ya, same here, frustrating!
[OP]
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
8753 posts
13047 upvotes
Scarborough
Sgt_Strider wrote:
Feb 12th, 2018 8:17 pm
tranquility922 wrote:
Feb 12th, 2018 9:26 pm
Ya, same here, frustrating!
The only recent log in server issues were on Feb. 4th (running into the 5th) and Feb. 11th. If you are experiencing an issue logging in now please let me know.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
18005 posts
222 upvotes
YVR
TomRFD wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 11:38 am
The only recent log in server issues were on Feb. 4th (running into the 5th) and Feb. 11th. If you are experiencing an issue logging in now please let me know.
I had login issues on my phone last night, but no issues logging in from the desktop.
Deal Guru
Feb 8, 2014
14118 posts
3667 upvotes
Just happened again, though i got in on the second attempt (but for how long?)
Lies, damned lies, statistics and alternative facts