Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
24468 posts
5265 upvotes
GTHA

Logan (aka Wolverine 3) (March 3, 2017) 'Hugh Jackman's last time as Wolverine'

[IMG]http://media.comicbook.com/uploads1/201 ... 129172.jpg[/IMG]

from Why Hugh Jackman Is Walking Away From Wolverine

Today, Jackman confirmed that Wolverine 3 will indeed be his final appearance as the ferocious clawed mutant. While appearing on the Dr. Oz Show (via Comicbook.com), Jackman told the host that the 2017 threequel will be the last time he puts on the claws. The actor chocked his exit to simply feeling that now was the right time to leave. As Jackman put it:

[INDENT]It just felt like it was the right time to do it. And let’s be honest, 17 years. I never thought in a million years it would last, so I’m so grateful to the fans for the opportunity of playing it. … I kind of have in my head what we’re going to do in this last one. It just feels like this is the perfect way to go out.[/INDENT]

Who would you cast as the next Wolverine or should Wolverine be retired?
137 replies
Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41820 posts
1715 upvotes
Ali proudly stood up…
"Don't do it Wolverine!!!"

I remember seeing an interview with Jackman on TV. Apparently he was doing a stage play down under which in one scene required him to kiss another bloke. As he moved in to do so, a guy in the audience jumped up and shouted to him, "Don't do it Wolverine!!!". :lol:
Deal Guru
Nov 30, 2009
12178 posts
570 upvotes
Toronto
To be honest, I never really liked Hugh Jackman as Wolverine. I think it was more the writing too, because I never found Wolverine as bad ass. Just annoying. He's better as a secondary character with short scenes. I'll admit his build is amazing though.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 4, 2009
6575 posts
701 upvotes
I think he's tired of trying to maintain his build. It gets harder when he's older. I guess they will have to recast all of the xmen actors if hugh leaves.
Aug 13, 2006
897 posts
96 upvotes
Burnaby
rageking wrote:
May 7th, 2015 9:57 pm
I think he's tired of trying to maintain his build. It gets harder when he's older. I guess they will have to recast all of the xmen actors if hugh leaves.
I remember in an interview saying that his wife actually hates it when he's in his wolverine build... looks great, but it also it means he's eating boiled chicken breasts all the time and they can't even have a nice dinner together.
Temp. Banned
Aug 7, 2011
6623 posts
979 upvotes
Vaughan
Thought he was the perfect wolverine, whoever cast him in the beginning deserves an award - it was spot on.
Deal Guru
Nov 30, 2009
12178 posts
570 upvotes
Toronto
squadz wrote:
May 8th, 2015 8:17 am
Thought he was the perfect wolverine, whoever cast him in the beginning deserves an award - it was spot on.
From a visual perspective yes, but from a writing/acting perspective, I could honestly never say I was excited to see Wolverine.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
7183 posts
682 upvotes
Victoria
I liked him as wolverine. I thought he was the coolest character in the original x-man film and have enjoyed watching him ever since.

I suppose it makes sense that he has to hang it up at some point. Wolverine isn't supposed to age. You can only get away with it for so long. I would imagine they'll eventually recast it.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 26, 2004
9839 posts
550 upvotes
Mississauga
Interestingly, Hugh Jackman wasn't even the first choice. Dougray Scott was hired to play Wolverine back during the original X-Men movie but production on M:I2 ran long so he couldn't do it anymore so they went with Hugh. And a career was born.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
4759 posts
223 upvotes
Markham
Talamasca wrote:
May 8th, 2015 7:33 pm
Interestingly, Hugh Jackman wasn't even the first choice. Dougray Scott was hired to play Wolverine back during the original X-Men movie but production on M:I2 ran long so he couldn't do it anymore so they went with Hugh. And a career was born.
looking at pictures that dude did not look right at all to me IMO...
Deal Guru
Jul 27, 2006
10445 posts
542 upvotes
LostInTruth wrote:
May 8th, 2015 11:32 am
From a visual perspective yes, but from a writing/acting perspective, I could honestly never say I was excited to see Wolverine.
Umm. Hugh Jackman is multi-talented and it's not his fault the writers made Wolverine Origins.
Deal Guru
Nov 30, 2009
12178 posts
570 upvotes
Toronto
thechampion116 wrote:
May 9th, 2015 12:29 am
Umm. Hugh Jackman is multi-talented and it's not his fault the writers made Wolverine Origins.
Relax, I'm just not as big a Hugh Jackman fan as others. He's a good actor, but pretty pedestrian in the role of Wolverine.
Deal Expert
Feb 26, 2004
27000 posts
4243 upvotes
LostInTruth wrote:
May 9th, 2015 10:25 am
Relax, I'm just not as big a Hugh Jackman fan as others. He's a good actor, but pretty pedestrian in the role of Wolverine.
Who's your pick then?