• Last Updated:
  • Mar 19th, 2017 11:45 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2010
7592 posts
657 upvotes
I'm looking forward to this. Seems all comments are how it's a darker, more gritty superhero movie, but without the need for darkness, rain and moppy monologues so that's a plus! :lol:
Feb 3, 2011
946 posts
132 upvotes
uber_shnitz wrote:
Feb 20th, 2017 10:01 am
I'm looking forward to this. Seems all comments are how it's a darker, more gritty superhero movie, but without the need for darkness, rain and moppy monologues so that's a plus! :lol:
Haha ya, finally a film like that done right. ;)
Baaaaaaaaa!
Jun 29, 2010
626 posts
128 upvotes
Ordered a ticket for March 2nd, first showing near me. No one shall spoil me! Grrrr! Snikt!
Penalty Box
Aug 7, 2011
6623 posts
970 upvotes
Vaughan
uber_shnitz wrote:
Feb 20th, 2017 10:01 am
One does not mean the other can't exist.

But I did say in the other thread, kids need light in movies. The darkness scares them.
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2014
1745 posts
257 upvotes
Its 96% on tomatometer. Seems like a good movie
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
5206 posts
573 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
Looks like a solid film.
When looking at reviews, it all depends on where they're coming from. Cinefix is one that I particularly trust in.

Nov 20, 2010
943 posts
197 upvotes
IMHO, Metacritic's score on movies has always been more accurate and superior to Rotten Tomatoes by far in every way. Even IMDB links each of their movie pages to Metacritic for their films' scores. Why anyone trusts Rotten Tomatoes is beyond comprehension?

http://www.metacritic.com/movie/logan-2017

Logan has a score of 73 on Metacritic. With that said, I've definitely got tickets for opening night on Thursday March 2.
Oct 27, 2016
92 posts
27 upvotes
Hope nobody replace Hugh Jackman for the Wolverine.
Hope the Wolverine franchise end with Hugh Jackman.
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
17279 posts
1183 upvotes
Mr_Fanta wrote:
Feb 22nd, 2017 4:32 pm
IMHO, Metacritic's score on movies has always been more accurate and superior to Rotten Tomatoes by far in every way. Even IMDB links each of their movie pages to Metacritic for their films' scores. Why anyone trusts Rotten Tomatoes is beyond comprehension?

Logan has a score of 73 on Metacritic. With that said, I've definitely got tickets for opening night on Thursday March 2.
Both Metacritic and RT have issues but that's going to happen when you compile a bunch of opinions and try to come up with a numerical value.

I found that the 2 negative reviews for Logan sounded childish while some "fresh/positive" reviews had legitimate criticism.

Regardless, I'm hyped and will find time to snatch up some tickets for opening weekend. I have a load of those Admit One tickets to use so I need to physically go to the theatre to get them.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2014
1745 posts
257 upvotes
I decided to watch it too.. I also like the films shot in the dry deserted landscape like Mexican american border.
Deal Guru
Jul 27, 2006
10255 posts
498 upvotes
Mr_Fanta wrote:
Feb 22nd, 2017 4:32 pm

There is nothing wrong with Rotten Tomatoes. People don`t know how to use and understand the information they present.
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2014
1745 posts
257 upvotes
thechampion116 wrote:
Feb 24th, 2017 1:25 pm
There is nothing wrong with Rotten Tomatoes. People don`t know how to use and understand the information they present.
Can you explain how you do it.
I just see whether it is certified fresh or not and go with that.
some specific movies that I would watch anyways ( Any Tarantino movie for example) , I go by certified fresh.
Penalty Box
Aug 7, 2011
6623 posts
970 upvotes
Vaughan
Got my tickets for Thursday.
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
17279 posts
1183 upvotes
Patrick Stewart tells his story of how he came to the conclusion that "Logan" will be his last time as Xavier.

http://consequenceofsound.net/2017/02/p ... or-xavier/
As Stewart told a shocked Jackman and Norton, he made the decision while at a screening of the movie in Berlin. They were watching the “very emotional ending” of the film when Stewart saw Jackman wipe a tear from his eye and realized he had to do the same.

“And then this is what I felt,” he recalled as he grabbed Jackman’s hand. “I swear, that was what happened. Hugh held my hand. And of course, I was done, I was finished. Just weeping and sobbing. But then we had to wait for the credits to roll before we could go up on stage and be introduced. And while the credits were rolling … I realized if this is the end, there is no more perfect and beautiful way to say au revoir, goodbye, adios, than what had just happened. So, I think it’s the end for me too.”
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
[OP]
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
22046 posts
4467 upvotes
GTHA
Haz wrote:
Mar 1st, 2017 12:15 am
Patrick Stewart tells his story of how he came to the conclusion that "Logan" will be his last time as Xavier.

http://consequenceofsound.net/2017/02/p ... or-xavier/
Was 'Xavier' a distinguished role for him?

Sir Patrick Stewart's Next Distinguished Role: Poop Emoji
'Logan' star and world-renowned Shakespearean actor, Sir Patrick Stewart, joins Stephen to discuss his graduation from methodical acting to scatological acting.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel