Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1038 posts
144 upvotes
joeyjoejoe wrote:
Mar 3rd, 2017 2:53 pm
So by on time, what are we talking about? Before the coming attractions? Before the commercials? Before TimePlay?
Just make sure you're in your seat before the trailers end.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Jun 29, 2010
681 posts
143 upvotes
joeyjoejoe wrote:
Mar 3rd, 2017 2:53 pm
So by on time, what are we talking about? Before the coming attractions? Before the commercials? Before TimePlay?
Before they tell you to shut up and turn off your cell phones - and hopefully AFTER the Power Rangers trailer :P
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2006
9511 posts
733 upvotes
MrDisco wrote:
Mar 3rd, 2017 2:58 pm
The latest to arrive is when the movie trailers/coming attractions are playing.
sharpshooter88 wrote:
Mar 3rd, 2017 2:59 pm
Just make sure you're in your seat before the trailers end.
Psychopathetic wrote:
Mar 3rd, 2017 3:00 pm
Before they tell you to shut up and turn off your cell phones - and hopefully AFTER the Power Rangers trailer :P
Thanks! Lately when we to the theatres, we watch in those premium assigned seats... which means we've been cutting it close before the movie starts.
Nov 20, 2010
992 posts
209 upvotes
At Scotiabank's IMAX it was literally "attached" to the main feature film. You saw the black and white countdown of 5,4,3,2,1 and start..
Last edited by MrDisco on Mar 3rd, 2017 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: spoiler
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
15902 posts
949 upvotes
Woodbridge
Easily the best from the trilogy, if you want to call it that, the Origin is easily forgotten but they redeemed it with The Wolverine.

Danfi was perfect, she was so good she didn't speak until the last hour. LOL

Except for the villains, I thought it could've been better Patrick Stewart and Hugh Jackman did an amazing job. They were born to play this part!
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Nov 20, 2010
992 posts
209 upvotes
The movie has a bit of a similar feel to 2015's "Mad Max: Fury Road". I can understand why there is talk about this movie getting released in black and white which is exactly what they did for Mad Max on blu-ray. It would definitely work very well as a black and white picture.

May see it again on discount Tuesday at my favorite theatre the Queensway UltraAVX with Dolby Atmos in Cinema #1 for watching big picture big sound movies. These type of movies, I like to compare for picture/sound quality versus my 2nd. favorite theatre Scotiabank's IMAX theatre which is where I saw my first viewing of "Logan".
Deal Fanatic
Apr 26, 2004
9676 posts
475 upvotes
Mississauga
This was an incredible movie. Hugh Jackman and Sir Patrick Stewart were so good! A fitting end to the Wolverine saga.
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
17324 posts
1192 upvotes
Caught it this afternoon. Fantastic movie and a proper sendoff for Hugh Jackman's final outing as the Wolverine.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
5292 posts
592 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
Good comic book flick that didn't feel like one.
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2008
1207 posts
107 upvotes
Toronto
Loved it! This is how wolverine should be...violent angry and ripping peoples head's off.

That first scene with the cholos was great! Didnt expect it to end that way though.

Is this supposed to tie into any of the previous wolverine movies or xmen movies? Seems like it's a stand alone movie
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1038 posts
144 upvotes
Fabfive wrote:
Mar 6th, 2017 11:15 am
Loved it! This is how wolverine should be...violent angry and ripping peoples head's off.

That first scene with the cholos was great! Didnt expect it to end that way though.

Is this supposed to tie into any of the previous wolverine movies or xmen movies? Seems like it's a stand alone movie
It should tie into both x-men and wolverine movies. I think they already said the post credit scene in Apocalypse explains how they were able to create X-23 and X-24. Also, they showed the samurai sword in Logan's hideout so that's a clear nod to The Wolverine.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2010
7734 posts
710 upvotes
I quite liked it! Despite the backdrop of mutants and the [setting] of the X-Men franchise and such, the movie isn't a "superhero" movie; there's no real sense of epic-ness for the characters' actions as you get from the superhero genre, but that doesn't make their lives and stories any less important. It just means that it's not epic world(or even city) saving happening: it's just people saving themselves. I found it was a mix of sci-fi meets gritty western in terms of tone and it worked out well. I There were a few lengthy bits, but otherwise the pace was good.

As far as tie-ins with the rest of the X-Men franchise...it's mostly left up to nods and Easter eggs placed around the movie, but the story vaguely alludes to it since it's set in 2029, which is quite a bit in the future compared to the other films.
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2006
4287 posts
703 upvotes
Mississauga
Just watched this last night, and this for me, was the best Marvel movie ever. Mind you, Wolverine was always my favourite X-Men character from the childhood cartoon and video game days, but in and of itself, the film was spectacular. Not spectacular for a superhero genre movie, but outright spectacular as a movie - period!

The director or producer was recently interviewed and spoke of how they had initially thought about having the opening scene be about the X-Men in the Westchester events, but they decided not to, which I think was the right call. Their reasoning was that when they opened with that, throughout the film, it just kept feeling like it's about Westchester, instead of the film being about Logan.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
6943 posts
620 upvotes
Victoria
Fabfive wrote:
Mar 6th, 2017 11:15 am

They left it loose enough, that it could go either way. IE sometimes the easiest way to address continuity is to simply not talk about it....

I did catch one reference though. Logan made a reference about the Statue of Liberty to someone (maybe Prof X). That would of been referencing the original X-Men movie.

edit: It would be pretty had to tell anyways. We don't really know how much of the original x-men continuity was changed after the events of days of future past.
Last edited by zod on Mar 8th, 2017 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel