• Jun 19th, 2017 7:58 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2010
4125 posts
1671 upvotes
Mississauga
Would anyone recommend DBOX for this movie? Based on the action sequences etc...it's not playing in IMAX after Friday near me because of Kong.

I've done DBOX for The Hunger Game movies and enjoyed it for what it's worth.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1068 posts
148 upvotes
Said212 wrote:
Mar 8th, 2017 1:47 pm
Would anyone recommend DBOX for this movie? Based on the action sequences etc...it's not playing in IMAX after Friday near me because of Kong.

I don't think it's necessary for Logan. It's a nice to have feature, but the extra cost is not worth it.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Mar 8, 2017
4 posts
I'm a huge fan of Hugh Jackman. I feel very sad. I loved to see him with his ferocious claws. That serious look on his face one can't forget. I am totally heart broken. Decision is totally his personal choice but it is really hard to take.
I always loved the X-men series.
My gut feeling is wolverine would rather retire? No one can be next to Hugh Jackman.
Hugh thanks for entertaining for for the past 17 years
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2010
7772 posts
722 upvotes
With Hugh getting older it's not surprising...he still looks fantastic, but when you see the side by side images with his first appearances you can see the difference. There's only so long that Fox could milk the Wolverine character and personally, I think it's a good thing they retired him. I'd rather see him end on this high note than risk Fox milking him with worse and worse movies/stories and seeing the character devolve into a cash cow (which one could argue he kind already became). I think it's the same reason Patrick Stewart decided he would also retire as Xavier at the same time.

Wolverine is honestly the last vestige of the "old" X-men franchise and Fox is trying to move forward with the newer/younger cast in the alternate time/universe.
Jun 29, 2010
699 posts
146 upvotes
SPOILER

Did anyone else think that the scene in the farmhouse was a dream of some sort? I thought holy crap this can't really be happening!!! Stop!!
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1068 posts
148 upvotes
If they want, they can keep bringing Jackman back for future X-men movies. They've got Old Man Logan involved in the comics right now so Old Man Logan can hang with the new kids on screen. I don't want any more standalone Wolverine movies, Logan was the perfect end to that trilogy. But Old Man Logan in X-men movies? Yes please. I know Jackman said he wants to retire, but I'm sure he'll have a tough time saying no if they give him Robert Downey Jr money.

Hmm. Basically, every sequel in the Wolverine trilogy was better than the movies before it. Not many franchises can say that.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2012
1704 posts
243 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
Anyone have any idea if the they will continue the Girl's story? She was pretty badass

Said212 wrote:
Mar 8th, 2017 1:47 pm

The theater we went to sold us regular tickets that were D-BOX seats but they were turned off. It was nice having all that space :D
Jul 18, 2008
981 posts
71 upvotes
I watched this last night at the Don Mill VIP Cineplex. Absolutely loved it. I really enjoyed this movie and probably the best standalone Wolverine movie in my opinion. Hugh Jackman was amazing and so was the little kid ! Loved her first fight scene lol
Jun 30, 2009
492 posts
50 upvotes
Vancouver
I agree, this was a great movie to end Hugh Jackman's run. Though I'd love to see cameos from him in future movies. And the girl was great casting. She really pulled of the scowl.

But I have to admit that hearing Patrick Stewart swear was weird.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2013
3820 posts
949 upvotes
Kingston, ON
newt_101 wrote:
Mar 5th, 2017 10:08 pm
Good comic book flick that didn't feel like one.
Despite Wolverine, Xavier, Mutants, and the Weapon X program, it was very much a "Western" rather than a superhero film. From the clips & speech from Shane to the end credit song choice, to the plot devices of the reluctant father figure who had hung up his gun (so to speak), only to find a reason bigger than himself to pick it back up again. There were echoes of True Grit, Unforgiven, even Gran Torino.

Beautifully filmed. There was not a wasted shot in that movie. This is quality cinema that just happened to star comic book characters.
Sep 14, 2014
84 posts
60 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Patrick Stewart was brilliant in this movie. The banter between Logan and grandpa Charles was beautiful.

Sir Patrick could have another job in "Legion" which is enjoyable enough in the 5 eps I've seen. Prof X has a connection with the protagonist in "Legion".
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
5328 posts
599 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
Mike15 wrote:
Mar 13th, 2017 1:05 pm
Despite Wolverine, Xavier, Mutants, and the Weapon X program, it was very much a "Western" rather than a superhero film. From the clips & speech from Shane to the end credit song choice, to the plot devices of the reluctant father figure who had hung up his gun (so to speak), only to find a reason bigger than himself to pick it back up again. There were echoes of True Grit, Unforgiven, even Gran Torino.

Beautifully filmed. There was not a wasted shot in that movie. This is quality cinema that just happened to star comic book characters.
Well said and wholeheartedly agree.
As the audience who grew up to comic books grows up, it's nice to see that the movies are also tailored to a more mature audience.
Sep 4, 2016
680 posts
327 upvotes
I was a big fan of the last Wolverine movie set in Japan, but this new one just didn't work for me. I guess I'm looking for a lot more "super" in my superhero movies. If I was interested in dreary, dull and depressing I would have rewatched Manchester by the Sea. Hugh Jackman is solid as always, but there's nothing he can do to overcome the tedious storyline. I'm glad to hear that lots of other people seem to be enjoying it, but I can only rate Logan a 2/5.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1068 posts
148 upvotes
Wow, that's pretty cool. I knew that they had to make Jackman look older so I always thought it was just done completely with makeup.
Baaaaaaaaa!