• Jun 19th, 2017 7:58 am
Tags:
None
Sep 4, 2016
680 posts
327 upvotes
sharpshooter88 wrote:
Mar 15th, 2017 11:14 am
Wow, that's pretty cool. I knew that they had to make Jackman look older so I always thought it was just done completely with makeup.
If you read the linked article, cgi was used in specific scenes such as concealing a stuntman, not throughout the movie to make Hugh Jackman look older.
Jun 28, 2015
194 posts
59 upvotes
Toronto, ON
It is weird that you can have so much respect for someone you don't even know?

Patrick Stewart seems like one of the most genuine people in the world. I've enjoyed his work for years and years. Every time I see an interview, I am more and more impressed.

I get that celebs only let us see what they want but he doesn't seem "fake" in that way.

I hope he comes back at Prof X, even just for cameos. Not done seeing that quite yet.
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
10210 posts
746 upvotes
Mississauga
LucifersGhost wrote:
Mar 16th, 2017 9:02 am
It is weird that you can have so much respect for someone you don't even know?

Patrick Stewart seems like one of the most genuine people in the world. I've enjoyed his work for years and years. Every time I see an interview, I am more and more impressed.

I get that celebs only let us see what they want but he doesn't seem "fake" in that way.

I hope he comes back at Prof X, even just for cameos. Not done seeing that quite yet.
Yeah, he's pretty awesome. I loved how he thanked his TNG castmates in a recent interview for basically making him a more fun person (apparently he was quite the uptight boor in the early seasons). He's getting up there in age. When he passes, it's going to really be sad for me.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
26918 posts
6403 upvotes
GTHA
dchimera wrote:
Mar 13th, 2017 11:35 am
I agree, this was a great movie to end Hugh Jackman's run. Though I'd love to see cameos from him in future movies. And the girl was great casting. She really pulled of the scowl.

But I have to admit that hearing Patrick Stewart swear was weird.
More of this in the series 'Blunt Talk'
starzs-blunt-talk-new-comedy-patrick-stewart-1703551/
Deal Guru
Jul 27, 2006
10597 posts
587 upvotes
Scarborough
Saw the movie tonight and thought it was excellent.

A lot of people are been going around saying its the next Dark Night, etc but it wasn't for me. It was a really good good movie. I would rank the Avengers, The Dark Knight and then maybe this one as my top 3 since the Dark Knight came out. The only reason being is that the Avengers had such a childlike movie experience when I saw them on the screen and the Dark Knight had me on my seat throughout most of the movie with an excellent Joker performance.

The emotional impact of what happens really hit for me but three of my friends of which two had no idea about Wolverine or Logan other than they knew Hugh Jackman had been playing the character for over a decade, the movie had no emotional impact on them when it mattered. It just ended up being a good action movie for them and I can see why. Some people have stated you don't need prior history but I really think it only hits when it does.
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
19326 posts
1451 upvotes
excellent movie - also saw this last night with the wifey.......

I think this is the best Wolverine movie in the Wolverine series - the last one in Japan was only OK for me....I found this one much better in terms of acting, pace, story and cinematography....

Great sendoff for Jackman - ends his character the right way, same with Patrick Stewart - though I would like to see them in cameos in future movies....perhaps flashbacks or Xmen movies that happen back in time (i.e. 80s etc)....

and of course more of the lil girl (X-23)
Apr 1, 2009
242 posts
66 upvotes
Great movie, was impressed and the girl was perfect. Don't care for Avengers. As for Stewart anything he does I love, the swearing was so profound and I felt these two have a true friendship in the movie. Saying that, you can tell it's also off screen. Excellent job!!!
Deal Guru
Jun 30, 2006
14173 posts
2528 upvotes
Toronto
Logan was good but not great. The 1st half was great with Prof X, but once he left the movie went downhill for me.
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
19326 posts
1451 upvotes
Haz wrote:
May 16th, 2017 1:03 am
Dafne Keen's screen test was kinda fun.
http://ew.com/movies/2017/05/15/logan-d ... -audition/
Thx for this link....kid made the movie so great....

What a great movie....someone likened it to Unforgiven (can't remember which rfder).....spot on, Unforgiven is one of my fave movies...
Apr 16, 2017
151 posts
156 upvotes
What happened to the steelbook edition at Best Buy?

Was it ever in stock? Been checking it daily, love the cover and steelbooks, but hasn't come back into stock.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
26918 posts
6403 upvotes
GTHA
tk1000 wrote:
Apr 28th, 2017 9:46 pm
Black and White Version Coming to Theaters in May
"To make a great B&W version of a film, the whole thing's gotta be regraded & timed shot by shot," director James Mangold tweeted.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-v ... may-998565
Logan gets black-and-white trailer for Noir release
http://ew.com/movies/2017/05/16/logan-t ... hite-noir/

Sep 4, 2016
680 posts
327 upvotes
^ Wolverine doesn't look like his usual stoic self in that frame.