Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2008
1520 posts
14 upvotes

Logan Movers and Storage - Horrible experience

I recently had an horrible experience with Logan Moving and Storage company in Toronto. I was buying a dining room set from an individual seller and having it delivered to my house through one of their trucks. Everything was discussed prior, price, time and addresses.

Firstly, they were about 1.5hrs late from the time that was discussed, and said that they got lost.
There were two movers, an Indian man and White man, who were probably in their early 30's and were extremely rude. They were constantly swearing and were not professional. Clothing and apperance was very sloppy. Before they lifted anything and stepped in the house they asked for drinks. They then demanded for their deposit.
Now when they were moving the hutch piece to the truck, one of the men drop it, they break the door part of the hutch which contained glass, and scratch part of the hutch. The whole set was worth over $2500. The only thing they did was say sorry and curse every two seconds. Then once everything was finally put in the truck, before they came to deliver I was told from the seller that they were just sitting in the driveway for 25 minutes, which is unfair as they are charging for the time they take. On top of the costs that were discussed, they charged me moreand had my dining room set at hostage.

I complained to their main phone number, but nothing would be discounted and they refused to replace or fix the hutch. The lady denied everything and said it was the owner's fault because they have steps. After calling back and forth, they became rude and said they wouldnt do anything and hung up on my calls. Now isn't it a normal thing ot have steps when enterin a house?? Their customer service is disgusting and would never go with them. All I was told is that I signed a contract before saying they aren't liable. So basically they can go damaging people's goods because of their own carelessness? I advise everyone to be careful as they dont treat your items with respect and wouldn't offer any sort of compensation.
2 replies
Aug 9, 2006
16 posts
That is terrible to hear. How much did they quote you and how much did they actually charge you?

I work at a moving company and I hear horror stories like these from customers everyday. There are a lot of shady moving companies out there and you must always do some research about their company. The first things you should look out for are:

1. Do they have a warehouse?
2. Did they bring rented trucks?
3. Did they quote you suspiciously lower than other places?
4. How long has the company been around?
5. Do they have an insurance policy?
6. Do they have an address?

We hear stories about certain companies emptying out the gas tank before the move, and then filling it up to increase the total weight. We also hear some companies don't even ship out cargo untill they can get a full truckload, leaving the customers waiting for months. They will at first give you various excuses, and then start ignoring calls altogether.
Banned
Sep 18, 2008
696 posts
1 upvote
gunners1 wrote:
Feb 17th, 2009 2:29 am
I recently had an horrible experience with Logan Moving and Storage company in Toronto. I was buying a dining room set from an individual seller and having it delivered to my house through one of their trucks. Everything was discussed prior, price, time and addresses.

Firstly, they were about 1.5hrs late from the time that was discussed, and said that they got lost.
There were two movers, an Indian man and White man, who were probably in their early 30's and were extremely rude. They were constantly swearing and were not professional. Clothing and apperance was very sloppy. Before they lifted anything and stepped in the house they asked for drinks. They then demanded for their deposit.
Now when they were moving the hutch piece to the truck, one of the men drop it, they break the door part of the hutch which contained glass, and scratch part of the hutch. The whole set was worth over $2500. The only thing they did was say sorry and curse every two seconds. Then once everything was finally put in the truck, before they came to deliver I was told from the seller that they were just sitting in the driveway for 25 minutes, which is unfair as they are charging for the time they take. On top of the costs that were discussed, they charged me moreand had my dining room set at hostage.

I complained to their main phone number, but nothing would be discounted and they refused to replace or fix the hutch. The lady denied everything and said it was the owner's fault because they have steps. After calling back and forth, they became rude and said they wouldnt do anything and hung up on my calls. Now isn't it a normal thing ot have steps when enterin a house?? Their customer service is disgusting and would never go with them. All I was told is that I signed a contract before saying they aren't liable. So basically they can go damaging people's goods because of their own carelessness? I advise everyone to be careful as they dont treat your items with respect and wouldn't offer any sort of compensation.

In some of this you do have a very valid case.But as for colthing and apperences are not very nice keep in mind there moves.Of course there not going to be wearing $$$ cloths.As for the contract was there a clear path for them or was there stuff in the way.If i were you i would seek legal advice see if its worth to take them to small claims.I do not work in the legal field but this does seem like a case for small claims.