Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
BestDirect

Logitech Z906 Digital 5.1 Speakers 500W with Free Ship $332.72

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 1st, 2012 2:54 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2007
2906 posts
1014 upvotes
Toronto

[BestDirect] Logitech Z906 Digital 5.1 Speakers 500W with Free Ship $332.72

More offers from BestDirect
[IMG]http://assetsw.sellpoint.net/_acp_/5689 ... ain_lg.jpg[/IMG]

Logitech Surround Sound Speakers Z906
Hear every detail in room-shaking 5.1 theater-quality sound
This powerful THX-certified speaker system makes it easy for you to turn any room into a home theater. Hear every tire squeal, footstep and rumble the way the studio intended—in 5.1 discreet channels of explosive surround sound.
Surround Sound Speakers Z906
Noteworthy Features
Detailed 5.1 home-theater surround sound
THX-certified audio quality
500 watts (RMS) of power
Six inputs for computer, TV, movie, music and gaming devices
Long-throw subwoofer for deeper bass
Compact control console and wireless remote

Studio-quality audio detail

5.1 Dolby Digital and DTS encoding accurately recreates the final surround sound mix in your Blu-ray, DVD and game soundtracks
3D stereo transforms 2-channel stereo from your favorite old movies, music and games into immersive surround sound

$332.72 at BestDirect - Link

$449 @ Futureshop and Bestbuy.ca

Review con - "although the lack of HDMI inputs and Dolby True HD/DTS HD MA decoding is a slight disappointment and undermines the Z906’s status as a cutting-edge home entertainment hub."

Yeah, yeah, I know you got your old Z5500 for $200...
7 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2006
2501 posts
145 upvotes
York
Just yesterday I was thinking about getting these but thought i'd wait for a sale.

Is this a good price for them? 332 appears to be 'regular price' from BD.
Deal Guru
Nov 19, 2002
12253 posts
858 upvotes
I got a set of these to replace my dead Z5500s, and they are....fine. Not great, not as good as the Z5500s.

If you do happen to have a dead set of Logitech's that are out of warranty, call them up and give them the #, and you just might get a 50% off code for any speakers from their site - I paid $224 for my Z906s, then bought a pass-thru cable for the Z5500s that gave them a new life, without the control pod.
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2010
3781 posts
1770 upvotes
Edmonton
deep wrote: I got a set of these to replace my dead Z5500s, and they are....fine. Not great, not as good as the Z5500s.

If you do happen to have a dead set of Logitech's that are out of warranty, call them up and give them the #, and you just might get a 50% off code for any speakers from their site - I paid $224 for my Z906s, then bought a pass-thru cable for the Z5500s that gave them a new life, without the control pod.

Good to hear :D My Z5500's are still going strong.
Jun 13, 2008
136 posts
15 upvotes
deep wrote: I got a set of these to replace my dead Z5500s, and they are....fine. Not great, not as good as the Z5500s.

What do you mean by "pass-thru cable without the control pod" ?
Deal Guru
Nov 19, 2002
12253 posts
858 upvotes
grimzkunk wrote: What do you mean by "pass-thru cable without the control pod" ?

Sorry, I actually meant "by-pass", as in "it by-passes the control pod to allow you to connect devices directly to the subwoofer". There are tonnes of vendors on ebay, like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Logitech-Z-5500 ... 446wt_1209

Lots of lengths, some with volume control, some without. They all work on later model Z-5500s whose control pods have died, which is apparently a large group.
Sep 29, 2003
71 posts
Toronto
deep wrote: Sorry, I actually meant "by-pass", as in "it by-passes the control pod to allow you to connect devices directly to the subwoofer". There are tonnes of vendors on ebay, like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Logitech-Z-5500 ... 446wt_1209

Lots of lengths, some with volume control, some without. They all work on later model Z-5500s whose control pods have died, which is apparently a large group.
So this only works for stereo sources (PCs) and not digital (TOS link - xbox, ps3, etc )?
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
19536 posts
2260 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
Sith_Lord wrote: So this only works for stereo sources (PCs) and not digital (TOS link - xbox, ps3, etc )?

Aren't there any adapters to do that? Like digital to analog plugs.

I don't understand why a big player in the home audio like Logitech can't put in a bluetooth component that's like $5. So many home theatre receivers have bluetooth integration now and you can in fact get an adapter for $30-ish to do wireless streaming.