None
[OP]
Penalty Box
Jan 17, 2012
4002 posts
101 upvotes
Toronto

London: another Islamic terrorism attack

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/westminster-car-crash-london-terror-incident-attack-today-everything-know-a8490931.html

Happened a few days ago but havent seen this discussed here. Muslim man drove from Birmingham to London's Westminster Parliament and crashed his car into cyclists. Luckily no one was killed!

Attacker was, surprise surprise, a refugee who had been granted asylum in 2010.
Share:
33 replies
Penalty Box
May 28, 2009
1811 posts
93 upvotes
Toronto
Wouldnt surprise me if there is a ban on reporting about it in the UK by now

so they can buy time to do serious damage control and spin this into "mental illness"
Banned
Jul 6, 2009
1267 posts
25 upvotes
qewcool wrote:
Aug 15th, 2018 11:22 pm

so they can buy time to do serious damage control and spin this into "mental illness"
Yeah like all of the white teen shooters in the US that shoot up schools, the Vegas white terrorist who killed 56 people at a country music festival had 'mental illness' according to "Faux News".

Get rid of Islam out of your title. It has nothing to do with Islam, first and foremost. I am a Muslim myself and any sort of act like this is completely contradictory to the religion's teachings.

Just like if it were any of the Christian-believing shooters in the US, I wouldn't call it "another Christian-related terrorism attack".

You right-winged nut jobs are pathetic bigots.
<Signature removed> - It made fun of a former user named "a-tree" and his narcissistic attitude. However, he's permanently banned from these Forums so no need for this signature anymore. Good riddance!
[OP]
Penalty Box
Jan 17, 2012
4002 posts
101 upvotes
Toronto
qewcool wrote:
Aug 15th, 2018 11:22 pm

No it is pretty well discussed. It happened on the day I returned to England and coverage has been fairly steady. Things, I think, are beginning to change here. They are really starting to realize that the manipulation and inaction have led to significant distrust. They, the government, cannot be oblivious to the fact that Tommy Robinson can bring out 15,000 supporters while a politician couldn't muster 1/15th of that!
[OP]
Penalty Box
Jan 17, 2012
4002 posts
101 upvotes
Toronto
Needinghelp wrote:
Aug 15th, 2018 11:28 pm
Yeah like all of the white teen shooters in the US that shoot up schools, the Vegas white terrorist who killed 56 people at a country music festival had 'mental illness' according to "Faux News".

Get rid of Islam out of your title. It has nothing to do with Islam, first and foremost. I am a Muslim myself and any sort of act like this is completely contradictory to the religion's teachings.

Just like if it were any of the Christian-believing shooters in the US, I wouldn't call it "another Christian-related terrorism attack".

Yup, every recent terror attack in the UK bar the attack on the mosque has been committed by Muslims...with Islam as the driver behind it...but it has nothing to do with Islam. Just like how every UK city has grooming gangs of Pakistani Muslims that rape young girls but the fact that they are mostly Pakistani and all Muslim has nothing to do with it.

I see. So just like how you get to define hate speech and you get to define racism and you get to define bigotry, you also get to define what Islam is?

Of course your definitions of everything will be built to fit the oppressed/oppressor narrative that you regurgitated in every thread.
Banned
Jul 6, 2009
1267 posts
25 upvotes
silky28 wrote:
Aug 15th, 2018 11:33 pm
Yup, every recent terror attack in the UK bar the attack on the mosque has been committed by Muslims...with Islam as the driver behind it...but it has nothing to do with Islam. Just like how every UK city has grooming gangs of Pakistani Muslims that rape young girls but the fact that they are mostly Pakistani and all Muslim has nothing to do with it.

I see. So just like how you get to define hate speech and you get to define racism and you get to define bigotry, you also get to define what Islam is?

Of course your definitions of everything will be built to fit the oppressed/oppressor narrative that you regurgitated in every thread.
"Every recent terror attack". WRONG... Fake news. What terrible lies you're espousing, as usual, but I expected nothing better from you. You're a pure bigot and a hate-mongerer. I don't even know why the Mods are tolerating your posts but you should definitely have your posts deleted and be banned for inciting hate speech. I'm reporting your post anyhow. I'll start doing that from now on.

Most of the terrorist attacks globally are from white terrorists, coming from christian backgrounds. Yet it has nothing to do with Christianity, just like these have nothing to do with Islam.

This is hate speech, pure and simple.

Why I get to define Islam? I don't - I'm just explaining the true meaning of Islam. I've been practicing ALL MY LIFE so I know the true meaning of the religion infinitely better than a closed-minded bigot like you, who has ZERO idea. You should shut your mouth on stuff you have no idea about.

Anyway, reported.
<Signature removed> - It made fun of a former user named "a-tree" and his narcissistic attitude. However, he's permanently banned from these Forums so no need for this signature anymore. Good riddance!
[OP]
Penalty Box
Jan 17, 2012
4002 posts
101 upvotes
Toronto
Needinghelp wrote:
Aug 15th, 2018 11:38 pm
"Every recent terror attack". WRONG... Fake news. What terrible lies you're espousing, as usual, but I expected nothing better from you. You're a pure bigot and a hate-mongerer. I don't even know why the Mods are tolerating your posts but you should definitely have your posts deleted and be banned for inciting hate speech. I'm reporting your post anyhow. I'll start doing that from now on.

Most of the terrorist attacks globally are from white terrorists, coming from christian backgrounds. Yet it has nothing to do with Christianity, just like these have nothing to do with Islam.

Why I get to define Islam? I don't - I'm just explaining the true meaning of Islam. I've been practicing ALL MY LIFE so I know the true meaning of the religion infinitely better than a closed-minded bigot like you, who has ZERO idea. You should shut your mouth on stuff you have no idea about.

Anyway, reported.
Can you actually point out what was wrong with what I wrote...the factual error ..or do you just get to scream WRONG and we all clap?

As for the nonsense you wrote, no, most terrorist attacks are not done by white people. You are manipulating things like a scoundrals always does. Terrorism has a specific definition which the vast majority of white acts do not fit. The Vegas shooting is not listed as a terrorist attacks because there has been no political motivation uncovered...just like Sandy Hook school shooting. Terrorism is violence for a political end. That has essentially been the sole domain of Islam over the last 30 years or so.

Anyways, I laugh at you reporting me...reporting me for what exactly? Because a Muslim committed a terrorist attack and I mentioned he was Muslim or because I noted that with 1 exception every recent terrorist attack in the UK has been committed by Muslims?

If you want to derail the thread you would probably be better off just hijacking it and spinning it so far out of context that they lock it. That has been a successful strategy for others on your side.

You get to define what Islam is for you, not for others like those of your faith who kill in God's name. You would be better served to accept that they are Muslims who follow a bad version of Islam than to deny that they are Muslims period.
Banned
Jul 6, 2009
1267 posts
25 upvotes
silky28 wrote:
Aug 15th, 2018 11:48 pm
Can you actually point out what was wrong with what I wrote...the factual error ..or do you just get to scream WRONG and we all clap?

As for the nonsense you wrote, no, most terrorist attacks are not done by white people. You are manipulating things like a scoundrals always does. Terrorism has a specific definition which the vast majority of white acts do not fit. The Vegas shooting is not listed as a terrorist attacks because there has been no political motivation uncovered...just like Sandy Hook school shooting. Terrorism is violence for a political end. That has essentially been the sole domain of Islam over the last 30 years or so.

Anyways, I laugh at you reporting me...reporting me for what exactly? Because a Muslim committed a terrorist attack and I mentioned he was Muslim or because I noted that with 1 exception every recent terrorist attack in the UK has been committed by Muslims?

If you want to derail the thread you would probably be better off just hijacking it and spinning it so far out of context that they lock it. That has been a successful strategy for others on your side.

You get to define what Islam is for you, not for others like those of your faith who kill in God's name. You would be better served to accept that they are Muslims who follow a bad version of Islam than to deny that they are Muslims period.
Pure and utter garbage that you wrote. There is no factual basis for what you wrote. Complete regurgitated garbage from Fox News.

Yes, in fact most terrorist actions are committed by white people, such as the Sandy Hook incident, the Vegas shooter, etc. They should/are defined as domestic terrorists, plain and simple. They have political motives, being angry and against the government, which causes them to go in an uproar and go on a mass shooting spree. That is terrorism and they are terrorists, by that very definition. The shooters who are Muslim, go completely contradictory to the teachings of Islam and are manipulated by other like-minded people who mis-understood the teachings of Islam. That's why we have legitimate and recognized scholars and schools of thought within Islam where Muslims take their teachings from based on their interpretations of the Quran and Sunnah, not by some random layman who interprets it for themselves and completely misunderstands the meaning. Anyone can do that for ANYTHING.

I reported for inciting hate speech, which is illegal and criminal and you can goto jail for that. You wouldn't dare bring this BS up in real-life, otherwise you'd not only get the living crap beaten out of you, but you'd be reported to authorities, charged with inciting hate speech, sentenced and locked away in jail, where you, qew and your like-minded white supremacist friends belong. So laugh all you want you bigot, you're still being reported

I get to define Islam behind it's true meaning based on what legitimate scholars from the 4 schools of thought within Islam state, which is recognized by all Muslims as the only proper way of following Islam correctly, and not by some random layman interpreting something by themselves, which is completely incorrect, because anyone can define anything to their own whims, thus distorting the true factual understanding and meaning behind the religion. That's why that's unacceptable within Islam and is outlawed.

As for white supremacist terrorist attacks, here are just a few of the attacks that have occurred in 2017 and some snippets from some articles I'd like to share:

-Sunday night, a 64-year-old white man from Nevada opened fire on a crowd of more than 22,000 people at a country music festival in Las Vegas, killing more than 50 and wounding more than 200.
-In August, a 20-year-old white Nazi sympathizer from Ohio sped his car into a crowd of anti-racist protesters in Charlottesville, Virginia, killing a woman and injuring at least 19 others.
-In June, a 66-year-old white man from Illinois shot at Republican Congress members during an early morning baseball practice, severely wounding several people including Rep. Steve Scalise of Louisiana, the House of Representatives Majority Whip.
-In March 2017, a 28-year-old white man from Baltimore traveled to New York City with the explicit aim of killing black men. He stabbed 66-year-old Timothy Caughman to death and was charged with terrorism by New York state authorities.
In May, a 35-year-old white man from Oregon named Jeremy Joseph Christian began harassing Muslim teenagers on a train in Portland, telling them “We need Americans here!” Two men interceded; Christian then stabbed and killed them both.

In fact, between 2001 and 2015, more Americans were killed by homegrown right-wing extremists than by "Muslim" terrorists, according to a study by New America, a nonpartisan think tank in Washington, DC.

A June 2017 study by Reveal and the Center for Investigative Reporting found a similar pattern:

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/UynHxx7 ... y_type.png

For at least a generation, rightwing homegrown extremists have been far and away the largest source of terrorism in the United States. The most damaging domestic terrorist attack ever committed on American soil was the April 19, 1995, bombing of the Murrah federal building in Oklahoma City, which killed 168 people and injured another 680. Initially, media speculation focused on Islamic radical terrorists as the possible source of the terrorist attack, but the perpetrators, Timothy McVeigh and Terry Nichols, turned out to be white rightwing extremists.

Before Obama’s election in 2008 – and partly in anticipation of that event – the rate of rightwing domestic terrorist incidents began to rise dramatically, seemingly triggered by Jim David Adkisson’s crime. And it remained at that same high level for most of the Obama presidency.

In 2011, the Senate did hold hearings on the subject of right-wing extremist violence in the wake of neo-Nazi Wade Michael Page’s murderous rampage at a Sikh temple in Wisconsin in which six worshippers died. At that hearing senators heard from Daryl Johnson, a veteran domestic-terrorism analyst. Johnson was unequivocal:
"The threat of domestic terrorism motivated by extremist ideologies is often dismissed and overlooked in the national media and within the US government. Yet we are currently seeing an upsurge in domestic non-Islamic extremist activity, specifically from violent rightwing extremists. While violent leftwing attacks were more prevalent in the 1970s, today the bulk of violent domestic activity emanates from the right wing."

Despite this grave reality, officialdom and the media have continued to focus only on terrorism threats plotted by Islamist radicals. Rightwing pundits in particular have viciously attacked and silenced anyone who tries to bring up rightwing violence in the framework of terrorism. They have grown touchy about their own ideological and rhetorical proximity to the extremism that is fueling the violence.

Alt-America is an alternative universe that has a powerful resemblance to our own, except that it’s a completely different America, the nation its residents have concocted and reconfigured in their imaginations. In this other America, suppositions take the place of facts, and conspiracy theories, often pedalled by media outlets from Infowars to Fox News, become concrete realities. Its citizens live alongside us in our universe, but their perception of that universe places them in a different world altogether, one scarcely recognizable to those outside it.

Among other pathologies, many Alt-Americans freely fantasize, in print and on YouTube, about their desire to execute liberals, terrorists, “race mixers,” and other traitors. I call this desire eliminationism – a politics, and its accompanying rhetoric, whose goal is to excise whole segments of the population in the name of making it “healthy.”

Domestic terrorism attacks in Chattanooga, Tennessee, and San Bernardino, California, in the fall of 2015 and the massacre of forty-nine people at a gay nightclub in Orlando, Florida, the following summer, were all committed by nonwhites ostensibly motivated by Muslim extremists. In their wake various experts on terrorism and media pundits and government officials began raising concerns about the role of the internet in radicalizing Muslims and fueling such violence.

But the massive media and public attention to these incidents also underscored how disproportionate this response was compared to the response to acts of terrorism committed by those influenced by white supremacism or other kinds of far-right extremism.

Both media accounts and law enforcement officials were reluctant to identify Dylann Roof ’s rampage as domestic terrorism, despite the fact that it easily fit the FBI definition of terrorism: politically motivated acts of violence intended to influence policy and/or terrorize the public.

When an anti-abortion extremist shot up a Planned Parenthood clinic in Colorado Springs, Colorado, in November 2015, and killed three people, and when a militia gang was arrested for plotting to bomb a Kansas Muslim community in October 2016, not only were the crimes not identified as domestic terrorism, but the cases received relatively little media and public attention. All of these incidents, like so many of the ones that came before them, had one thing in common: their perpetrators had been radicalized online. Dylann Roof spent most of his days reading alt-right websites.

It was little noted, despite plenty of evidence, that the same phenomenon believed to be fueling terrorist acts by Muslim radicals was occurring simultaneously on a large scale in a complete separate region of the internet: among radical white male nationalists of the alt-right. The people being radicalized were not brown-skinned foreigners who didn't necessarily subscribe to a different religion (despite coming from a Christian background but completely violate the acts of Christianity based on their terrorist acts), but young white men and women in white America’s neighborhoods and churches and colleges, white America’s sons and daughters.
[OP]
Penalty Box
Jan 17, 2012
4002 posts
101 upvotes
Toronto
Needinghelp wrote:
Aug 16th, 2018 12:10 am
Pure and utter garbage that you wrote. There is no factual basis for what you wrote. Complete regurgitated garbage from Fox News.

Yes, in fact most terrorist actions are committed by white people, such as the Sandy Hook incident, the Vegas shooter, etc. They should/are defined as domestic terrorists, plain and simple. They have political motives, being angry and against the government, which causes them to go in an uproar and go on a mass shooting spree. That is terrorism and they are terrorists, by that very definition. The shooters who are Muslim, go completely contradictory to the teachings of Islam and are manipulated by other like-minded people who mis-understood the teachings of Islam. That's why we have legitimate and recognized scholars and schools of thought within Islam where Muslims take their teachings from based on their interpretations of the Quran and Sunnah, not by some random layman who interprets it for themselves and completely misunderstands the meaning. Anyone can do that for ANYTHING.

I reported for inciting hate speech, which is illegal and criminal and you can goto jail for that. You wouldn't dare bring this BS up in real-life, otherwise you'd not only get the living crap beaten out of you, but you'd be reported to authorities, charged with inciting hate speech, sentenced and locked away in jail, where you, qew and your like-minded white supremacist friends belong. So laugh all you want you bigot, you're still being reported

I get to define Islam behind it's true meaning based on what legitimate scholars from the 4 schools of thought within Islam state, which is recognized by all Muslims as the only proper way of following Islam correctly, and not by some random layman interpreting something by themselves, which is completely incorrect, because anyone can define anything to their own whims, thus distorting the true factual understanding and meaning behind the religion. That's why that's unacceptable within Islam and is outlawed.

As for white supremacist terrorist attacks, here are just a few of the attacks that have occurred in 2017 and some snippets from some articles I'd like to share:

-Sunday night, a 64-year-old white man from Nevada opened fire on a crowd of more than 22,000 people at a country music festival in Las Vegas, killing more than 50 and wounding more than 200.
-In August, a 20-year-old white Nazi sympathizer from Ohio sped his car into a crowd of anti-racist protesters in Charlottesville, Virginia, killing a woman and injuring at least 19 others.
-In June, a 66-year-old white man from Illinois shot at Republican Congress members during an early morning baseball practice, severely wounding several people including Rep. Steve Scalise of Louisiana, the House of Representatives Majority Whip.
-In March 2017, a 28-year-old white man from Baltimore traveled to New York City with the explicit aim of killing black men. He stabbed 66-year-old Timothy Caughman to death and was charged with terrorism by New York state authorities.
In May, a 35-year-old white man from Oregon named Jeremy Joseph Christian began harassing Muslim teenagers on a train in Portland, telling them “We need Americans here!” Two men interceded; Christian then stabbed and killed them both.

In fact, between 2001 and 2015, more Americans were killed by homegrown right-wing extremists than by "Muslim" terrorists, according to a study by New America, a nonpartisan think tank in Washington, DC.

A June 2017 study by Reveal and the Center for Investigative Reporting found a similar pattern:

For at least a generation, rightwing homegrown extremists have been far and away the largest source of terrorism in the United States. The most damaging domestic terrorist attack ever committed on American soil was the April 19, 1995, bombing of the Murrah federal building in Oklahoma City, which killed 168 people and injured another 680. Initially, media speculation focused on Islamic radical terrorists as the possible source of the terrorist attack, but the perpetrators, Timothy McVeigh and Terry Nichols, turned out to be white rightwing extremists.

Before Obama’s election in 2008 – and partly in anticipation of that event – the rate of rightwing domestic terrorist incidents began to rise dramatically, seemingly triggered by Jim David Adkisson’s crime. And it remained at that same high level for most of the Obama presidency.

In 2011, the Senate did hold hearings on the subject of right-wing extremist violence in the wake of neo-Nazi Wade Michael Page’s murderous rampage at a Sikh temple in Wisconsin in which six worshippers died. At that hearing senators heard from Daryl Johnson, a veteran domestic-terrorism analyst. Johnson was unequivocal:
"The threat of domestic terrorism motivated by extremist ideologies is often dismissed and overlooked in the national media and within the US government. Yet we are currently seeing an upsurge in domestic non-Islamic extremist activity, specifically from violent rightwing extremists. While violent leftwing attacks were more prevalent in the 1970s, today the bulk of violent domestic activity emanates from the right wing."

Despite this grave reality, officialdom and the media have continued to focus only on terrorism threats plotted by Islamist radicals. Rightwing pundits in particular have viciously attacked and silenced anyone who tries to bring up rightwing violence in the framework of terrorism. They have grown touchy about their own ideological and rhetorical proximity to the extremism that is fueling the violence.

Alt-America is an alternative universe that has a powerful resemblance to our own, except that it’s a completely different America, the nation its residents have concocted and reconfigured in their imaginations. In this other America, suppositions take the place of facts, and conspiracy theories, often pedalled by media outlets from Infowars to Fox News, become concrete realities. Its citizens live alongside us in our universe, but their perception of that universe places them in a different world altogether, one scarcely recognizable to those outside it.

Among other pathologies, many Alt-Americans freely fantasize, in print and on YouTube, about their desire to execute liberals, terrorists, “race mixers,” and other traitors. I call this desire eliminationism – a politics, and its accompanying rhetoric, whose goal is to excise whole segments of the population in the name of making it “healthy.”

Domestic terrorism attacks in Chattanooga, Tennessee, and San Bernardino, California, in the fall of 2015 and the massacre of forty-nine people at a gay nightclub in Orlando, Florida, the following summer, were all committed by nonwhites ostensibly motivated by Islamist extremism. In their wake various experts on terrorism and media pundits and government officials began raising concerns about the role of the internet in radicalizing Muslims and fueling such violence.

But the massive media and public attention to these incidents also underscored how disproportionate this response was compared to the response to acts of terrorism committed by those influenced by white supremacism or other kinds of far-right extremism.

Both media accounts and law enforcement officials were reluctant to identify Dylann Roof ’s rampage as domestic terrorism, despite the fact that it easily fit the FBI definition of terrorism: politically motivated acts of violence intended to influence policy and/or terrorize the public.

When an anti-abortion extremist shot up a Planned Parenthood clinic in Colorado Springs, Colorado, in November 2015, and killed three people, and when a militia gang was arrested for plotting to bomb a Kansas Muslim community in October 2016, not only were the crimes not identified as domestic terrorism, but the cases received relatively little media and public attention. All of these incidents, like so many of the ones that came before them, had one thing in common: their perpetrators had been radicalized online. Dylann Roof spent most of his days reading alt-right websites.

It was little noted, despite plenty of evidence, that the same phenomenon believed to be fueling terrorist acts by Muslim radicals was occurring simultaneously on a large scale in a complete separate region of the internet: among radical white male nationalists of the alt-right. The people being radicalized were not brown-skinned foreigners who subscribed to a different religion, but young white men and women in white America’s neighborhoods and churches and colleges, white America’s sons and daughters.
1) so you get to decide the motive of the Sandy Hook shooter? No one has been able to find evidence for any politicalotivation yet you just get to snap your fingers and make that declaration. Of course you do because you need to make a relativist claim to help sweep the global scourge of Isamic terrorism under the rug. You don't get to redefine things to fit your political narratives.

2) Dylan Roof was a terrorist, so was Timothy McVeigh...but 2 attacks by Muslims (a tiny portion of America's population mind you) killed on a much greater scale. Add up the deaths cause by Islamic terrorism and those cause by white terrorists and come back to me.

3) There has been no hate speech. As I explained in the other thread hate speech laws pertain to inciting genocide. Again, you do not get to redefine things to suit your ideologies.

4) you keep saying I am wrong, that I write garbage and that there is no factual basis. So I ask you again, explain how what I said is wrong ie - that bar 1 all of the recent terror attacks in the UK have been committed by Muslims. What is incorrect about that?

Or will you just default to suggesting that those guys who were raised Muslims, who often went to Islamic schools, who sometimes fought for ISIS, who generally attended mosque regularly, and who while committing terrorist attacks yelled about God's greatness we're not actually Muslims.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 29, 2008
5573 posts
1275 upvotes
@silky28 upon receiving the news Image
Deal Fanatic
Feb 29, 2008
5573 posts
1275 upvotes
Needinghelp wrote:
Aug 15th, 2018 11:28 pm

Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2006
4428 posts
1756 upvotes
Toronto
I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
1217 posts
644 upvotes
Needinghelp wrote:
Aug 15th, 2018 11:38 pm

Anyway, reported.
Can you stop using incorrect language. He isn't being a bigot, he's not intolerant of your viewpoint (something as a bigot you are doing in regards to him). You could call him a racist (though Islam and belief in the Quran isn't a race) or you could say he's prejudice against people of a belief/religious/political system. The last one probably would suit you best for your current arguments.

This has been a PSA from the English language.
RFD is love. RFD is life. I wish I had an RFDer for a wife.
Jan 12, 2008
592 posts
134 upvotes
TDot
Needinghelp wrote:
Aug 16th, 2018 12:10 am

For at least a generation, rightwing homegrown extremists have been far and away the largest source of terrorism in the United States.
Good find, would like to see the right wing nuts reply to this.

They're not very good with logic either, blaming an entire group for the misdeeds of a few. They are millions of Muslims in North America, so going by their narrative we should be seeing millions of terror attacks.
Deal Addict
May 17, 2005
4340 posts
590 upvotes
IndusVally wrote:
Aug 16th, 2018 8:41 am
Good find, would like to see the right wing nuts reply to this.

They're not very good with logic either, blaming an entire group for the misdeeds of a few. They are millions of Muslims in North America, so going by their narrative we should be seeing millions of terror attacks.
don't see myself as a nut , right wing or otherwise Face With Tears Of Joy , but lets see ...

there is around a 1% of muslims in the US ( if you have other number let me know)
so after looking at that pic (the "result : acts / foiled") ... let me just say they are doing very well in the terror department ... just imagine if there where a 5% of muslim in US Face Screaming In Fear ...