Expired Hot Deals

[London Drugs] Get a $20 Bonus LD gift card for every $100 spent (Nov 22 only)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 27th, 2019 5:25 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2003
4026 posts
2253 upvotes
Edmonton

[London Drugs] Get a $20 Bonus LD gift card for every $100 spent (Nov 22 only)

186 replies
Aug 22, 2001
964 posts
430 upvotes
Vancouver
Could somebody elaborate on "Additional restrictions apply"?
Feb 17, 2019
49 posts
26 upvotes
The only problem to me is the "spend within 28days". But for someone whi is going to buy from LD anyway, why not? Good fine
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2018
1012 posts
1083 upvotes
Last year they had an offer where you buy a gift card and the bonus card doesn't expires. Plus they can be treated as cash. People simply buy them, then use them to exchange for Visa cash card and pay the fee. They still come out ahead. London Drugs is basically losing money.

They are probably disallowing you from using those gift cards to buy Visa gift card. Or claw back the bonus in some way if you use them like that.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2003
4026 posts
2253 upvotes
Edmonton
AEmgee wrote:
Nov 21st, 2019 2:29 am
They probably won’t let you use the bonus card to buy other gift cards or prepaid cards. (but you can with the regular gift card)
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2005
3914 posts
778 upvotes
LD price matches. They sell TV's and other electronics. Effectively, 16.7% off any sale price.
signature closed for renovation
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
3331 posts
1988 upvotes
Vancouver
AEmgee wrote:
Nov 21st, 2019 2:29 am
My guess is you will be restricted to 1 bonus card per transaction?
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
11785 posts
1473 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
28 days. That sucks because it's not quite into Boxing Week, when there will be cheap candy :D .

I still have about $80 left on a gift card I bought when they had a $10 bonus promo a few months ago.
May 3, 2009
126 posts
19 upvotes
Last year's deal was better. We're still using cards from last year.
Aug 11, 2014
165 posts
103 upvotes
Paigne wrote:
Nov 21st, 2019 3:30 am
My guess is you will be restricted to 1 bonus card per transaction?
This would kill the deal.

Wait, there's an ambiguous "Limit $250 per purchase" for LD gift cards. Does this mean I can only USE $250 worth of LD gift cards in one transaction?

Or does it mean I can only BUY $250 worth of LD gift cards per transaction?

Link: Your text to link here...
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2012
1130 posts
456 upvotes
Sask
3express wrote:
Nov 21st, 2019 5:09 am
This would kill the deal.

Wait, there's an ambiguous "Limit $250 per purchase" for LD gift cards. Does this mean I can only USE $250 worth of LD gift cards in one transaction?

Or does it mean I can only BUY $250 worth of LD gift cards per transaction?

Link: Your text to link here...
Appears to refer to the transaction maybe? It says limit of 5 online and I was able to add 5 100 dollar gift cards to my cart. 250 must be referring to something with the transaction. Be interesting to know exactly what. Last year this was one of the best promotions imo since they price match and carry a lot of higher end electronics. I wouldn't be surprised if they made some tweaks to the promotion this year. Last year I remember reading on here stories of some people buying 3 thousand dollars worth of gc's in store.
Aug 28, 2011
140 posts
67 upvotes
CALGARY
Gift cards are gift cards and in the store are like cash. This was a huge debate last year. There is nothing as in nothing that can legally prevent them from allowing you to use a LD gift card to purchase ANYTHING in the store including other gift cards, prepaid visa etc. It is cash - they can't put any restrictions on it other than you can't trade it in for cash.
Mar 14, 2009
334 posts
378 upvotes
Toronto
drpepper1 wrote:
Nov 21st, 2019 10:00 am
There is nothing as in nothing that can legally prevent them from allowing you to use a LD gift card to purchase ANYTHING in the store including other gift cards, prepaid visa etc. It is cash - they can't put any restrictions on it other than you can't trade it in for cash.
So every other store that says you can't buy gift cards with their gift cards is breaking some law? Do you have some sort of link to the relevant statue, regulation, official regulator website saying this, etc.? Almost nowhere lets you do this anymore and hasn't for years so I don't believe it is illegal.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
6946 posts
4324 upvotes
Canada
dillybravo wrote:
Nov 21st, 2019 10:14 am
So every other store that says you can't buy gift cards with their gift cards is breaking some law? Do you have some sort of link to the relevant statue, regulation, official regulator website saying this, etc.? Almost nowhere lets you do this anymore and hasn't for years so I don't believe it is illegal.
I guess it depends on the store.
But London drugs and Bestbuy do allow you to purchase other GCs with their own GCs
Tangerine, Public Mobile, and Freedom Mobile customer
Aug 28, 2011
140 posts
67 upvotes
CALGARY
dillybravo wrote:
Nov 21st, 2019 10:14 am
LD can put limitations on the 20$ portion only. They can't limit the $100 portion in any way. That said - the 20$ card will look exactly the same as the $100 card. Unless LD has changed previous process and is identifying the 20$ card as a promotional card only........effectively making it some type of coupon. So if you have a 20$ card and a $100 card and they're the same and the store can't identify one as promotional they can "try" and prevent you........but they have no legal leg to stand on.

If they've put a 28 day limit on these though then they are a promotional card (the 20$ one). They can't put that 28 day limit on the 100 card you bought. So after last year perhaps LD is now giving away a 20 "promotional" card with the purchase of a 100$ gift card.

edit - if they have made the 20$ card promotional card.........use it to buy a 20$ LD "true" gift card that's not promotional.