Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
London Drugs

London Drugs: Klipsch B-2 Bookshelf Speakers - $149.99/pair

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 17th, 2009 3:43 pm
Tags:
None
Dec 14, 2005
14 posts

[London Drugs] London Drugs: Klipsch B-2 Bookshelf Speakers - $149.99/pair

Just saw these in the current London Drugs flyer. Found that they are going for $249/pair at places like Amazon.com and other sites in the States.

http://www.londondrugs.com/msib20/Flyer ... tech_4.pdf

link on klipsch website

http://www.klipsch.com/products/details/b-2.aspx
16 replies
Feb 11, 2007
372 posts
25 upvotes
R3J2S3
Can anyone else please post their comments on these speakers.............I am in need of a new set of "fronts" for my home theater.

Thank you in advance.
<- <- <- Money I have saved using Red Flag Deals.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2003
4857 posts
880 upvotes
Vancity
If you already have a system set up, get the same brand (same product line if possible) in order to maintain timbre matching, don't mix and match if possible.

Klipsch is known for their brighter sound signature with a slightly exaggerated midrange and treble. They are very good speakers for this price.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2004
3378 posts
303 upvotes
Sherbrooke
sonick wrote: If you already have a system set up, get the same brand (same product line if possible) in order to maintain timbre matching, don't mix and match if possible.

Klipsch is known for their brighter sound signature with a slightly exaggerated midrange and treble. They are very good speakers for this price.
x2

Best suggestion you can get.
Dec 14, 2005
14 posts
Wondering how these would compare to these KEF's on sale at Visions

http://www2.visions.ca/catalogue/catego ... enuLevel=2

Found this review article that has the Klipsch B3's in it, which I assume would be somewhat comparable??

http://audioenz.co.nz/2006/bookshelfspeakers.shtml

I guess as usual the best thing would be to listen to them, but just curious of anybody else's experience with either speaker.
Feb 11, 2007
372 posts
25 upvotes
R3J2S3
vric wrote: x2

Best suggestion you can get.
I agree completely, but my system is made up of a mix of speakers already, I am looking to replace a "pair" --- probably the fronts.

Any other suggestions or comments are very welcome.

Thanks.
<- <- <- Money I have saved using Red Flag Deals.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2003
4857 posts
880 upvotes
Vancity
My gut feeling says the Klipsch would be better.

From what I've gathered over the years, seems like entry-level Polk is fairly mediocre, whereas entry-level Klipsch is fairly good. Though this is mostly from reading forums and people's experience with both, not personal first-hand experience in comparing the two.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2007
2639 posts
407 upvotes
Winnipeg
is klipsch the new athena? i never see ATHENA anymore, but i love mine and they are rock solid built and sound great.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2003
4857 posts
880 upvotes
Vancity
brucered wrote: is klipsch the new athena? i never see ATHENA anymore, but i love mine and they are rock solid built and sound great.
Klipsch has way more "rep" and history than Athena. Klipsch probably has as much cachet as Paradigm.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2007
2639 posts
407 upvotes
Winnipeg
sonick wrote: Klipsch has way more "rep" and history than Athena. Klipsch probably has as much cachet as Paradigm.
i wouldn't say "way more rep", if you have ever heard Athena Speakers, you would be impressed, but i guess i should have just looked myself, Klipsch took over API which made Athena and Jamo.

i thought they took over as it was around 2006 when i started seeing Klipsch pop up everywhere that sold Athena and Athena was no longer to be found. FS and London Drugs were about the only places i saw Athena, and they are no longer to be found.

read more about the take over here:
http://www.athenaspeakers.com/about/

Klipsch Group, Inc. oversees business operations for the athena TECHNOLOGIES
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2003
4857 posts
880 upvotes
Vancity
[quote="brucered" post_id="8441440" time="1237313093" user_id="122609"]i wouldn't say "way more rep", if you have ever heard Athena Speakers, you would be impressed, but i guess i should have just looked myself, Klipsch took over API which made Athena and Jamo.

i thought they took over as it was around 2006 when i started seeing Klipsch pop up everywhere that sold Athena and Athena was no longer to be found. FS and London Drugs were about the only places i saw Athena, and they are no longer to be found.

read more about the take over here:
http://www.athenaspeakers.com/about/

Klipsch Group, Inc. oversees business operations for the athena TECHNOLOGIES
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2009
2596 posts
1987 upvotes
Boom and Bust Calgar…
Speakers are subjective. I rather like Klipsch, but if you are considering new speakers, I highly recommend you listen to them first.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2007
2639 posts
407 upvotes
Winnipeg
sonick wrote: By rep I mean reputation and cachet within the industry. Klipsch produces a higher end product than Athena and is positioned as such. Though I know how good Athenas sound, I've have a pair of Athena ASB2 v.1 for nearly 5 years as my 2ch bedroom music system.

But if you gave me a choice between Klipsch and Athena of similar quality and the price were the same, I'd spring for Klipsch over Athena.
both good bangs for the buck i guess, and since they are both made by the same company now, both good products.

klipsch is much easier to find now, so if i needed another set of speakers, i'd probably spring for these @ $150. seems like a good deal. but like someone else said, TRY BEFORE YOU BUY.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2004
3378 posts
303 upvotes
Sherbrooke
yayaya wrote: I agree completely, but my system is made up of a mix of speakers already, I am looking to replace a "pair" --- probably the fronts.

Any other suggestions or comments are very welcome.

Thanks.
Well if you want to mismatch speakers (wrong!) I would go with the KEF or Polk.

Not that I don't like Klipsch (I have Polk higher end, Klipsch and I wish to get my hand on a Kef set on sale soon!) but Klipsch speakers are "brighter" than any other brand (might not be good term, but the tweeter are quite different :p) So having klipsch mixed with other brand, you would be able to identify much more easily where the sound is coming from. (wrong again :p)

If it's for a 2.0 2.1 setup, then.. you have to ear them.. Hard choice.