Expired Hot Deals

[London Drugs] Onkyo 7.2-ch AV receiver - TXNR757- $499.99 - Less than half price with FS

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 24th, 2018 8:31 am
[OP]
Sep 25, 2015
23 posts
15 upvotes
Markham, ON

[London Drugs] Onkyo 7.2-ch AV receiver - TXNR757- $499.99 - Less than half price with FS

Great deal on a good mid range receiver. Seem to be clearing out older models
Last edited by Nexus777 on Jan 21st, 2018 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
56 replies
Feb 22, 2010
157 posts
52 upvotes
Great post, thank you.

Just a word of advice : check about Onkyo and their HDMI boards problems before buying. Thousands of receivers lost sound due to cheap DTS chip welding. If you can troubleshoot multilayer boards, go ahead, but one should stay far from Onkyo products.
Apr 6, 2008
121 posts
25 upvotes
TO
Isn't the issue only for receivers from prior years? Don't think it impact this model. On the fence still. When does the sale end?
Oct 8, 2011
11 posts
7 upvotes
MONTR
douber wrote:
Jan 21st, 2018 9:00 pm
Great post, thank you.

Just a word of advice : check about Onkyo and their HDMI boards problems before buying. Thousands of receivers lost sound due to cheap DTS chip welding. If you can troubleshoot multilayer boards, go ahead, but one should stay far from Onkyo products.
Onkyo is handling it. Not all models are affected. Only those manufactured between 2009 and 2012. Here's the info on how to go about getting it taken care of.. Just click on "Learn more" in the "Special Service Program" section.

Unfortunately for future buyers, you need the S/N of the device in order to check if it's affected. If you're deadset on getting one, i suggest going to the store, getting a box, the S/N will be on a sticker outside of the box. Pop that number in the link below and you'll have peace of mind.

Loss of Audio/Network Connection Customer Care Program for US and Canada customers
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2007
3331 posts
947 upvotes
Montreal
tontonpoulet wrote:
Jan 21st, 2018 9:20 pm
Onkyo is handling it. Not all models are affected. Only those manufactured between 2009 and 2012. Here's the info on how to go about getting it taken care of.. Just click on "Learn more" in the "Special Service Program" section.

Unfortunately for future buyers, you need the S/N of the device in order to check if it's affected. If you're deadset on getting one, i suggest going to the store, getting a box, the S/N will be on a sticker outside of the box. Pop that number in the link below and you'll have peace of mind.

Loss of Audio/Network Connection Customer Care Program for US and Canada customers
2012 was over 5 years ago ... really don't think the model OP posted is that old, so no need to check s/n.

Edit: it's a pretty good price, but I'd be tempted to get this b-stock model: https://www.skadi.ca/collections/a-v-re ... 0w-b-stock
Temp. Banned
Dec 7, 2012
31628 posts
8039 upvotes
GTHA
Nexus777 wrote:
Jan 21st, 2018 8:57 pm
Great deal on a good mid range receiver. Seem to be clearing out older models
Thanks for posting this deal. Please add the price to the thread title when posting deals.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 9, 2006
7989 posts
8813 upvotes
GT-EH
Damn, this is a great price... I would order one if I needed a receiver.

Don't hesitate if you are in the market for one, this is a pretty sweet deal.
I just like to collect things! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Behold, true glory. #PCMasterRace!
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2007
2301 posts
485 upvotes
Da boot
That looks pretty hot.
Dec 20, 2007
878 posts
211 upvotes
I'm a fan of onkyo receivers...
I've had 2 changed out of warranty due to their hdmi boosts issue.
I own 4 at my house and my brother owns 4 as well.
Good price for Canada... Us price is 399
I'm close to pulling the trigger
[OP]
Sep 25, 2015
23 posts
15 upvotes
Markham, ON
tk1000 wrote:
Jan 21st, 2018 9:36 pm
Thanks for posting this deal. Please add the price to the thread title when posting deals.
Done. Thanks.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2008
1859 posts
341 upvotes
Belle River
Love that it has 8 HDMI inputs, but only 3 of them say HDCP 2.2. What other limitations might apply to the remaining 5 inputs?
Mar 24, 2016
466 posts
395 upvotes
scarborough
douber wrote:
Jan 21st, 2018 9:00 pm
Great post, thank you.

Thats only on older Onkyo receivers. There is or was not sure if still available a recall on that. I sent my receiver to Onkyo after i've had it for a couple years and it was fixed free of charge and it included free shipping. They sent me a box and i sent it via fed ex
Oct 29, 2004
951 posts
44 upvotes
I don't see much difference between the new 777 and this one. Maybe one more hdmi. Are there more significant changes besides the price?
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2001
2324 posts
74 upvotes
Is Onkyo AccuEQ a suitable competitor to MultiEQ yet? I’m looking at going Denon because they still have Audyssey