Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[londondrugs.com] - Moto G (1st gen) $119.99

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 26th, 2014 4:45 am
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2006
5744 posts
5510 upvotes
Toronto

[londondrugs.com] - Moto G (1st gen) $119.99

Telus Mobility Motorola Moto G Prepaid Phone

New, not refurb (if you want refurb for $100, go here):

http://www.londondrugs.com/Telus-Mobili ... lt,pd.html

PM while you can - should bring it down to $132.20 taxes in.

BB:
http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/mot ... d94249en02

FS:
http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/ ... 3c5577en02
20 replies
Jul 23, 2014
90 posts
19 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
i dont suppose this supports AWS / 1700 / Band4?
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2009
1039 posts
833 upvotes
Calgary
Thinking of buying this for my dad to use on 711 Speakout, good choice? Easy to unlock?
Apr 23, 2003
661 posts
393 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
zywan0124 wrote: Think of buying this for my dad to use on 711 Speakout, good choice? Easy to unlock?
Yes, it's an excellent budget phone -- speedy, responsive, works on 7-11 and very easy to unlock. Unlock codes are about $3 on Ebay.

Two things you should note: camera is not very good, 8 GB of storage translates to about 5GB after Android OS; however, with the availability of cloud storage (just a minor problem).
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2005
1219 posts
418 upvotes
ic_central wrote: Is this compatible to wind?
No, just the big 3 (rogers, bell, telus)
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2010
4578 posts
1999 upvotes
AB
chadw01 wrote: PM while you can - should bring it down to $132.20 taxes in.
Maybe write the subtotal price after PM $116.99, then everyone calculates their own taxes :)
Aug 12, 2012
8 posts
9 upvotes
OAKVILLE
zywan0124 wrote: Thinking of buying this for my dad to use on 711 Speakout, good choice? Easy to unlock?
I got this when Bestbuy had it for $129.99, great phone and works with Speakout no problem(mines is also the Telus version). In another Moto G thread on RFD people were complaining the Telus version is harder to unlock and you have to flash the firmware but I had no problem with mine. First try with the code unlocked in minutes.

I used this ebay seller, recommended in the other RFD post, they unlock Canadian carrier phones.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221430170507

The seller replied with the code in less than a half hour, worked perfectly, great cheap phone that doesn't feel cheapy. :D
Jul 23, 2009
297 posts
27 upvotes
Only 8GB memory with no external SD card to expand memory is whats keeping me from getting this phone. Might get it if its $79.99.
8GB is quite limiting.
Sep 27, 2014
397 posts
237 upvotes
Langley, BC
Staples is selling this phone as well. $119 is a good deal, thanks, op.
Deal Guru
Jul 15, 2008
10539 posts
4139 upvotes
Toronto
BsxQ001 wrote: Staples is selling this phone as well. $119 is a good deal, thanks, op.
staples one is 16gb and is the US version that is compatible with wind/mobi.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 25, 2012
5434 posts
4847 upvotes
Toronto
I have it and 8GB is more than enough for basic use. It's a very solid media device for watching youtube, checking the web, etc. Just don't expect to store your mp3 collection or install more than 30 apps.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2009
8862 posts
2692 upvotes
Vancouver
DStriderX wrote: camera is not very good
To put that in perspective, see these two shots:

Canon Powershot 310HS, on auto, downsampled to 5 Mpixels: http://i.imgur.com/lf0Au0H.jpg

Moto G, on auto, slight colour correction to match Powershot: http://i.imgur.com/lUWtL4o.jpg

This is a random outdoor garden scene, cloudy fall day without sun, flat light tending toward blue colour balance, difficult to get the colour balance right.

The Canon is a typical compact point & shoot camera, has Canon's usual good default exposure and colour balance, but with an 8:1 compact zoom lens at wide angle, the corners tend to be soft and fuzzy. F3 at 1/60th.

The Moto G shot is taken from a bit further back to get the same framing because its lens is not quite as wide-angle as the Canon at the default wide angle end of its zoom range. F2.4 at 1/50th. The uncorrected shot is slightly darker and more blue in colour balance than the Canon. so this is tweaked very slightly with a 1.2x gamma and a slight reduction of blue and increase in red.

As you can see, the two shots are pretty similar. The Canon would be sharper and show richer colour in sunlight, and the corners would be sharper if I'd zoomed it a bit and moved back. But for a straight snapshot out of the box, the Moto G didn't do a terrible job by comparison to a typical P&S camera.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2008
1229 posts
658 upvotes
Vancouver
Been researching it for a few days now, it seems like a good option. I don't use my phone as a music player and i don't play games, I mainly use it as a web browser for forums and such.

Is there an expectation for this phone to be cheaper by the end of the year?
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2007
1223 posts
163 upvotes
M4W 1J6
Mar 1, 2002
872 posts
295 upvotes
If you have an Amex card, check your mail to see if you have a targeted offer: $15 London Drugs GC when you spend $100 before taxes at London Drugs. I received this offer today in the mail.
Aug 2, 2014
317 posts
113 upvotes
I got an email from Amex about 10 days ago: $15 statement when you spend $100 including tax online at LD.
The phone is only available at stores... Hate it.
pulsar wrote: If you have an Amex card, check your mail to see if you have a targeted offer: $15 London Drugs GC when you spend $100 before taxes at London Drugs. I received this offer today in the mail.
Aug 26, 2005
40 posts
Sherbrooke, QC
Raptors wrote: Sign up for the newsletter to get a code for free shipping.
And RFD strikes again, thank you!