• Jan 17th, 2014 8:02 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2013
2028 posts
173 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
kayden wrote: Ok I'm on a mobile so I can't change the text color but..

**********SPOILER************

There is a scene where the 4 men look over a rock face when they are faced at a rock face by the Taliban. They decide to jump/fall off and as a result there is quite an overly dramatic scene of them falling. People in the full theatre laughed because it was a bit much. I saw the movie the night before it came out so it was full of keeners like me. Anything else you want to know about?
I didn't find the fall overly dramatic. They showed it very well.
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
24670 posts
8741 upvotes
Toronto

There is a scene where the 4 men look over a rock face when they are faced at a rock face by the Taliban. They decide to jump/fall off and as a result there is quite an overly dramatic scene of them falling. People in the full theatre laughed because it was a bit much. I saw the movie the night before it came out so it was full of keeners like me. Anything else you want to know about?
M1GOmigs wrote: I haven't seen the movie, but all of my friends who saw it refer to this part too. Still wanna watch it, but I guess I'll just tune out this one scene.
lol.....I watched the movie 2 nights ago and yes, the cliff part is unintentionally funny.....

Another unintentionally funny part is when the Afghan guys are trying to kill Axelson.....and required 3 to 4 tries before they finally got the headshot.....lol
Deal Expert
Nov 15, 2004
21786 posts
4903 upvotes
Toronto
Are the terrorists the good guys in this one the way the aliens were the good guys in Battleship?
Dec 6, 2005
422 posts
83 upvotes
newt_101 wrote: I hope no one else tries to text during the previews of this film!
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/man-shot-d ... 18?cmp=rss
I really wonder if the context of the movie really gets people riled up and aggressive, as there was an incident in the theatre I was at, while during the movie a fight almost broke out between two male patrons. Thank goodness this was in Canada where nobody had a gun.
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2010
1195 posts
95 upvotes
I only like it when Marky Mark talks to animals.
I want to grow up to be a debaser,
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11854 posts
2822 upvotes
Toronto

Well, I mentioned that in my movie review. Some of those falls were just too much and non-realistic as it would kill a normal human being...I guess that was why some people laughed at such a scene because it was ridiculously unreal!
~~~~~~~~~~> Get...THAT DEAL...Over Here!!!
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11854 posts
2822 upvotes
Toronto
newt_101 wrote: I hope no one else tries to text during the previews of this film!
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/man-shot-d ... 18?cmp=rss
Man, that is just crazy! If you have a gun in your possession, you will one day find an excuse to use it in the stupidest of situations.

This is a tragic example of that! This retired cop had no right bringing in a gun to a movie....but that is the US for you...you get a gun and use it and everyone gets enraged at the incident but then they DON'T Change the gun laws to make them similar to Canada (which does protect the general public) because of the NRA's lobbying and power over the US Government. It's just pathetic! > :(

kayden wrote: I really wonder if the context of the movie really gets people riled up and aggressive, as there was an incident in the theatre I was at, while during the movie a fight almost broke out between two male patrons. Thank goodness this was in Canada where nobody had a gun.
Thank God for Canada's gun rules and control really. There are some really rude people who do not turn off their phones when the movie is about to start. But note this this incident took part during the Trailers and not during the movie, so the context of the movie in this case had nothing to do with the aggression taking place.
~~~~~~~~~~> Get...THAT DEAL...Over Here!!!
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2013
2028 posts
173 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Piro21 wrote: Are the terrorists the good guys in this one the way the aliens were the good guys in Battleship?
Terrorists are never good guys.
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2013
2028 posts
173 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
kayden wrote: I really wonder if the context of the movie really gets people riled up and aggressive, as there was an incident in the theatre I was at, while during the movie a fight almost broke out between two male patrons. Thank goodness this was in Canada where nobody had a gun.
Depends on the nature of the offence. If it was some communist prick saying the SEALs got what they desevred, I'd be glad to see others defends the SEALs honour.
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2013
2028 posts
173 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Scorpionsy wrote: Some of those falls were just too much and non-realistic as it would kill a normal human being...I guess that was why some people laughed at such a scene because it was ridiculously unreal!
That's the point; it shows the incredible tenacity and endurance the SEALs faced - even after jumping off two mountains - to get back up and continue to fight the terrorists who were trying to kill them.