[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
10141 posts
701 upvotes
Mississauga

Lonely Planet - $8.99USD for all eBooks

Deal Link:
All eBooks at Lonely Planet's site are $8.99USD until October 31. Good deal and not just for your wallet. I remember the days when one would have to bring a heavy travel guide with them on their trip.
8 replies
Sep 14, 2009
860 posts
285 upvotes
Halifax
Just a heads up that the Lonely Planet books are nowhere near the quality they used to be. You're better off using Wikitravel or a mobile app like Triposo.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
10141 posts
701 upvotes
Mississauga
sonician wrote:
Oct 30th, 2017 12:10 pm
Just a heads up that the Lonely Planet books are nowhere near the quality they used to be. You're better off using Wikitravel or a mobile app like Triposo.
I use Lonely Planet (or travel guides in general) more as a reference on the history of the location and information on the sights and attractions. For transportation, accommodations and food, I always go to more up-to-date websites for that info. I like Wikitravel a lot, and I'll check out Triposo!
Sep 26, 2014
19 posts
20 upvotes
Windsor, ON
I thought this was $8.99 for ALL ebooks. But it's $8.99 each. Pass! As people say just use the internet.
Apr 8, 2005
762 posts
399 upvotes
+1 to OP for this deal. I haven't ready any Lonely Planet lately, but for years now have felt people are penny wise but pound foolish when it comes to travel guides. Spending $500+ on a flight, and another $500+ on accommodations, food, and entertainment, and it's not worth $9usd to pick up an expert travel guide? Nonsense. I've been to dozens of countries now, and always appreciate a guide. Just picked up 3 on this Lonely Planet deal for a trip to Asia next year, and it set me back a whole $27. Honestly, I'll likely not make it back to these countries again in my lifetime, so if I get one good idea it's worth $27 to me. Also don't forget these are digital, so I'll have them on my phone and laptop when I go, and internet access may or may not be easily available when I'm on the road.
Sep 9, 2007
761 posts
83 upvotes
Surrey
Pro tip: Check your local library's ebook selection before a trip. The Vancouver one at least has many Lonely Planet (and other) ones available for free.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2015
1097 posts
706 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Prefer physical book than ebook, but thanks for the post as well
Nov 24, 2005
211 posts
6 upvotes
Good price but with the past couple trips I just get the books from the library and use it to supplement my information. They usually don't contain anything you can't find elsewhere but the way they are organized is nice.