None
Deal Expert
Mar 27, 2007
15590 posts
555 upvotes
Niagara Falls

[Guess] Long and McQuade: Monster Days.

More offers from Guess
I recieved a flyer in the mail today from Long and McQuade (long time customer), and it looks like some kind of big sale. The date on the magazine says June 1-30th, so I guess it begins then. I would I could scan it but I don't have a scanner, but luckily you got me to dictate everything in it (it's only a couple pages).

Guitars

Epiphone Mr. Skull Les Paul Special II - 199$, limited supply.
Features alder and maple body, bolt on mahogany neck. 2 humbuckers, rosewood fretboard with dot inlay, chrome and black hardware, skull finish.

Kramer Focus Fatboy guitar (oh god I am so getting this) - 99$
Alder and nato body, 6 screw tremolo bar, maple bolt neck, 2 single coils, 1 humbucker.

Fender Big Block Strat - 635$

Fender Big Block Telecaster - 635$

Fender FSR HSS Strat - 499$

PRS McCartney Trem - 2895$

Bass

Fender 60th Anniversary Bass (name??) - 465$
Tinted satin lacquer neck (amazing), Americanstyle pickup, vintage bridge.

Kramer Focus Bass - 119$
Alder and nato body, adjustable bridge (ooh), bolt on neck, split American pickup.

Epiphone Thunderbird - 449$

Wow, this is taking a long time to type. There's stores in North York, and on Bloor if I am not mistaken. Be sure to check it out.

PHOTOS OF THE FLYER

The flyer in PDF format.

Cover.

Electric guitar related.

Acoustic guitar, electric bass related.

Recording related.

Recording cont'd.

Misc instruments.

Percussion instruments.

Sorry for the bad quality of the photos. Nothing I can do. ; _ ;

ABOUT THE 0% FINANCING

There's a whole page of small font detailing which days you get the 0% financing. Like for week 1 you'll get 0% financing on fender guitars, maybe next week on something else. I'd photo it, but it'd be really difficult to make out. However, some dates:

June 2nd: Guitar Set Up Day
"Bring your guitar. Buy some strings. Receive a free set up. Simple as that. One set up per person."

June 9th: Half Price Rental Day
"Need we say more? New rentals only. Maximum term 1 month."

June 16th: Customer Appreciation Day
"With free food and live entertainments."

Might want to check the above out if you're a regular customer. Free food!

June 23rd: Yorkville Gift Card Day
"Spend 50$ or more on any Gibson, Epiphone, or Traynor product, and receive a $10 Yorkville Gift Card! One per customer."

June 30th: Canada Day
The synopsis is really long, but tl;dr, it's recieve 6 months 0% financing on any Canadian made instrument, and receive a free Long and McQuade keychain if you do. Godin guitars, Traynor, etc. Google Canadian instrument manufacturers and you should get a list.
135 replies
[OP]
Deal Expert
Mar 27, 2007
15590 posts
555 upvotes
Niagara Falls
I am sure there's more stuff on sale than what is in the flyer. I remember back in November during their 0% financing deal, a lot of instruments were on sale, including banjo's. Apparently L&M does this deal once every 6 months, so who knows.
Sep 15, 2006
303 posts
Hmmmmmm .... I'm gonna check if they have a set of active monitors for sale.

and lol at the Kramer. I remember those things from the 80's. You must like hair metal . :evil:
[OP]
Deal Expert
Mar 27, 2007
15590 posts
555 upvotes
Niagara Falls
Nah, it's just a decent quality stratcopy. I'm sure any guitarist wouldn't mind one for only a hundred bucks.
Nov 30, 2006
277 posts
69 upvotes
I'm trying to find a decent acoustic for < $100. Any listed / suggestions? Thanks!
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2002
1280 posts
22 upvotes
I may get the Kramer just because I've been looking for a strat-shaped guitar. At that price, you could easily swap the electronics and wind up with a great beater for about $200! Thanks for the post.
I'm trying to find a decent acoustic for < $100. Any listed / suggestions? Thanks!
That'll be tough. From what I've read, the Washburn D10S is an amazing entry-level guitar, and it starts at >$200.
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
17602 posts
732 upvotes
Brampton
Nice, passed this one along to my brother.. He loves this stuff
come troll our unofficial chatroom at #redflagdeals on EFnet
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2006
3810 posts
46 upvotes
reg. price of the epiphone guitar?
You're not funny.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2005
1354 posts
29 upvotes
Ottawa
Setz wrote:
May 25th, 2007 4:17 am

Bass

Fender 60th Anniversary Bass (name??) - 465$
Tinted satin lacquer neck (amazing), Americanstyle pickup, vintage bridge.
I am in market for a new bass guitar. Anyone has more detail on this one?
[OP]
Deal Expert
Mar 27, 2007
15590 posts
555 upvotes
Niagara Falls
billdozer wrote:
May 25th, 2007 4:50 pm
reg. price of the epiphone guitar?
When I bought it, it was 199$, but in white. The skull one had cost 235$ when I went to buy mine in November.

edit, I should clarify. I bought a white Les Paul Special II in November for 199$, but this skull one is a limited edition, and was selling for 235$ at the time I bought my white one.

They have more guitars, just at 1AM~ in the morning, I just wanted to sleep.
I bought an Epiphone DR100 for 110$ about 5 months ago. Excellent acoustic, and was very inexpensive. If you want a photo, I can snapshot mine and post it.

In the flyer, however, the only acoustic that sticks out, and it's also coincidentally the least expensive, is the Yamaha F325 priced at 160$. My friend has one, it's a really nice guitar.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Mar 27, 2007
15590 posts
555 upvotes
Niagara Falls
danthemightyone wrote:
May 25th, 2007 5:07 pm
I suggest going to www.zzounds.com, or was it zzsounds? Anyways, I go to this site to get an idea of how much a guitar costs, and it has a wide variety of listings for not only guitar and bass, but any instrument. Pictures and descriptions of every guitar is also in it.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2005
7260 posts
89 upvotes
Toronto
Scans would be greatly aprreciated!
_{o,o}...{o.-}--{0,0}
_|)__)_--|)_(|-_-(__(|
--"-"-___-"-"-__--"-"-
Sep 15, 2006
303 posts
danthemightyone wrote:
May 25th, 2007 5:07 pm
search for reviews @ harmonycentral
[OP]
Deal Expert
Mar 27, 2007
15590 posts
555 upvotes
Niagara Falls
I'll see if I can get scans of it.
× < >