Long-term Parking - Flying Out of Hamilton Airport

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 5th, 2018 2:20 pm
[OP]
Dec 1, 2018
3 posts

Long-term Parking - Flying Out of Hamilton Airport

Hi everyone,

My wife and I are flying out of Hamilton airport with Swoop airlines (prayers welcome), and will be away for three weeks! I live in Toronto. I was hoping to drive to Hamilton and park at the Hamilton airport. They used to have decent monthly parking rates there. But I checked their website yesterday, and it looks like the monthly parking rates are gone. Parking is $65/week, and if I am understanding the website correctly, they charge $15/day for every day you go past a week, which could end up close to $300 in parking! It's steep!
http://flyhamilton.ca/passenger/the-air ... formation/

Correct me if I am wrong, but it seems like there is no inexpensive off-site parking for Hamilton airport! Are there other good parking garages with monthly fees that I can park at and then uber to the airport? Any websites that may offer cheaper parking options?

If not, does anyone have suggestions as to the cheapest way for me to get to the airport and back? I am open to public transportation/uber/lyft/shuttle, if it is going to cost much less, but keep in mind that if I don't drive, I would have to pay for parking somewhere in Toronto for about $50-75/month.
4 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2006
1550 posts
416 upvotes
GTA
Just thought if this. Take your car to a near by dealer for oil change tell them youll be back in 3 weeks. I would confirm when making an appointment.
[OP]
Dec 1, 2018
3 posts
Is that possible? Surely, the oil change place would clue in! I do need an oil change. lol...
[OP]
Dec 1, 2018
3 posts
rb wrote:
Dec 4th, 2018 12:11 pm
Go Train to Hamilton and Uber from there?
I thought about this, but still not so cheap. I called Hamilton Airport, they charge weekly parking at $65, so for three weeks and two days, I will have to pay $225 + $10 gas = $235 or so.

With Go train to Hamilton for two people, it would be:
Transit within Toronto: $12 (return trip, two times 6)
Parking in Toronto: $75
Go Train Union Station Toronto to Hamilton GO: $49.60 ($24.80 times two for return trip)
Uber from Hamilton Go to Airport: $44 (return trip)

Add it all together, it's $180. It's hardly worth the inconvenience and hours of time spent in transit, particularly considering that I fly back into Hamilton at 5:15am.

The best option I can think of is driving to an affordable parking (under $100/month) close to Hamilton airport, and then Uber from there. But I can't find any such parking. I've also heard there may be affordable transit option from Toronto Airport to Hamilton Airport? Does anyone know of any?