Long-term Parking - Flying Out of Hamilton Airport

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 27th, 2023 3:55 pm
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
13462 posts
4621 upvotes
GTA
AsifS29440 wrote: Park on a street called lowinger ave in Ancaster. Its a residential area with mega houses. Take uber from there. $15.00.
Street parking is allowed . Park on the right side of the street.
You run the risk of being towed. Hamilton has a 12 hour parking limit. You may have gotten away with it before but that doesn't mean you will every time. Wouldn't be nice coming home from a trip, getting a taxi/uber to your parking spot and your car isn't there.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
31271 posts
17295 upvotes
I would assume being an Airport they may have hotels nearby.
Some hotels allow you to use their lots. Prices obviously vary and some may require a stay but some do not.
Most of them will probably have a shuttle too.
Do you not have anything else to do rather than argue with strangers on the internet
Nope. That's why I'm on the internet arguing with strangers. If I had anything better to do I'd probably be doing it.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2006
2733 posts
3964 upvotes
death_hawk wrote: I would assume being an Airport they may have hotels nearby.
Some hotels allow you to use their lots. Prices obviously vary and some may require a stay but some do not.
Most of them will probably have a shuttle too.
There's a Super8 Motel nearby.
Dec 24, 2006
496 posts
254 upvotes
svetluna wrote: Hey, Andrey, can you tell more about your last idea? I don't quite get what role Uber plays in it?
I assume the idea is to use the parking ticket issued for the Uber (which arrived a week later) as opposed to your car.
Jan 13, 2020
1 posts
There is off site. It’s called Valair and they will drop u off and pick u up at airport
Dec 1, 2018
45 posts
18 upvotes
At the time I posted this, there was no off site parking. There were some hotels, and alternatives, but they were all unreasonably priced, and got poor reviews. Glad to see more options are becoming available.
Oct 11, 2018
21 posts
brownbobcat wrote: I assume the idea is to use the parking ticket issued for the Uber (which arrived a week later) as opposed to your car.
can you elaborate on this?
Dec 26, 2019
859 posts
1522 upvotes
I flew out of Hamilton last week. Essentially, when the main lot is full, the valet attendants will be sitting at the entrance of the main parking lot. You need to take your luggage out there and and you leave your car with them. You tell them how long you are gone for and they will ensure your car is in the main lot when you land. Once landed, they tell you what section of the parking lot you are in and you have to fetch it yourself. No extra charge, and it was fairly hassle free.
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
13462 posts
4621 upvotes
GTA
^ Yikes. Free rentals if you work there ;)

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Aug 28, 2010
96 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto
Any new options for long-term parking at YHM? ParkJVP seems to be temporarily closed for a while now.
May 17, 2011
906 posts
921 upvotes
Toronto
JamesVirani wrote: Hey all, I thought I had posted an update here, but I must have done so in my head only.

I did find a great alternative. I parked my car at Airport Mini Storage in Mount Hope very close to the airport. They charged less than $50/month, although I can't remember the exact figure (may have been 45). It's a nice family-run business. Less than $10 Uber ride to airport from there. It's outdoor parking, and very limited space, so book ahead. You have the option of leaving your keys with them (so they can move your car out for you if you are coming back at an hour they are closed) or you can keep your car keys and make sure you return to pick it up during their office hours.

In any case, this was a much much cheaper option than parking at Hamilton Airport, and I'd do it again.
FYI that the storage space converted all their outdoor parking to long term storage during covid and no longer has any availability for airport parking. Very nice people though!