• Sep 5th, 2018 10:07 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2011
1362 posts
172 upvotes
Calgary

Long Time Android User - Trying Iph 6s - looking for advice

I was hoping the good folk at RFD would be able to help me navigate switching to an Iphone 6s from years of Android. I am just wondering if there is anyone else who has done this recently who could share some tips with me, as I'm sure there will be a few hiccups. I'm going into this with an open mind and hoping I can learn about the quirks of IOS so I can help out other friends who are Apple fans. My experience with Apple is that it's overpriced for what you get, but I'm willing to put that bias aside to try and see what the truth is. I got the Iphone 6s for almost free so I'm willing to give it a fair shake. Any and all advice will be gratefully accepted. TIA

PS my last IOS device was the Iph 4s.
5 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2015
4316 posts
3415 upvotes
Not sure what you're looking for... it's an iPhone and you say you've used an iPhone 4S before. It'll be just like using your 4S again except faster / better pictures / etc.
Mar 29, 2015
223 posts
72 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
It's the first iPhone with 3D Touch, so where you might be used to a long press on android or the 4S try pressing harder on the screen to see the different shortcuts you can find. I use 3D Touch all the time on mine, especially to move the cursor around on the keyboard.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2011
1362 posts
172 upvotes
Calgary
superfresh89 wrote:
Sep 3rd, 2018 6:11 pm
Not sure what you're looking for... it's an iPhone and you say you've used an iPhone 4S before. It'll be just like using your 4S again except faster / better pictures / etc.
I was more wondering what other android users have learned if they also switched back to IOS. I haven't started using it yet, as i still need to get a case. I can't imagine how 32G of internal storage is going to work tho.... I guess I'll have to keep all pics and videos uploaded to the cloud and keep deleting them off the camera roll on the phone.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
15012 posts
2072 upvotes
Toronto
By switching to an iPhone 6s, I love being able to sync all passwords, favorites, photos, etc. to my iPad, MacBook Pro, and MacBook Air.

I don't use my phone for anything other than the odd picture, texting, email and surfing so it was pretty easy to switch from Android to iOS.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2003
9801 posts
1208 upvotes
I carry an android and iphone at the same time. Iphone is rarely used even though its on Rogers and better network. However, I find myself using my S9 on Freedom like 95% of the time.

I start using the iphone and after a few quirks of iOS, I give up and look for my S9.