[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
3190 posts
1836 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
booblehead wrote:
Nov 14th, 2018 6:39 pm
If they want that kind of overpriced $ for an ordinary cayman, then op should buy new or simply forget the whole thing. Not worth that kind of $ (“S” costing > $100k)
It is a GTS though. Would the difference of a GTS vs S be worth it? Or just get a new S?
Current Fido customer.
Ex Koodo customer.
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2007
4150 posts
519 upvotes
EP32k2 wrote:
Nov 12th, 2018 10:52 am
So since you have ZERO experience with trying to order a GT car why are you being so "cheeky" about it. I have answered KKKat already about what it takes to try to get allocation...
sorry I missed it
yes I am just basing it off hearsay from peers and feedbacks like this

so I was curious what it's like in the GTA
sorry if you thought my comparisons are cheeky, but some sales do treat fixed roof Boxsters like McLaren F1s
Russell wrote:
Sep 10th, 2011 12:29 pm
We come here looking for deals. We use the savings on the things we buy to justify buying more things, thus filling our homes with tons of unnecessary consumer products. Such is the key to happiness.

Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2007
4150 posts
519 upvotes
*crickets*
Russell wrote:
Sep 10th, 2011 12:29 pm
We come here looking for deals. We use the savings on the things we buy to justify buying more things, thus filling our homes with tons of unnecessary consumer products. Such is the key to happiness.

[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
3190 posts
1836 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
Almost about to close a deal, just need Porsche to approve me for financing.

Just want some clarification on the warranty. For CPO, they say it adds 2 years to original warranty and makes it unlimited mileage, so 6 years in total from service date? I see some ads that say only 2 years CPO warranty from purchase but they are 2018 models. According to the warranty info on the website, it also says it extends factory warranty.

Porsche Approved Warranty

I love how they tried to sell the protection plan for $4000. I don't think replacing all 4 tires and wheels cost that much. Everything else like dent and paint protection won't even add up to $4000.
Current Fido customer.
Ex Koodo customer.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
23351 posts
8286 upvotes
Toronto
rims alone would be about $1300 each (if cracked), tire wise (summer performance) would be $500
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
3190 posts
1836 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
What would be a good price to offer for the protection plan then? I assume it's for the life of the car?

Just got notice of approval! Looks like I'll be getting my first Porsche. Gonna take a couple weeks for pickup though as they are backed up with sales and service.

Also the car doesn't come with apple car play, not end of the world but it hurts they are charging $1k to add it afterwards. Gonna email around and see if it can be done cheaper.
Current Fido customer.
Ex Koodo customer.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
23351 posts
8286 upvotes
Toronto
those protection plan has limits on yrs/mileage. Dealer does offer discount but you may have to negotiate a bit off, say 10% would be decent.

for the wheel/tire protection plan, It would be best to ask the parts dept first to see how much exactly is one of those wheel (on your specific one) and then you can decide if it is worth to get the plan. I guess your deciding factor would be how bad are your local roads and if you intend to track your cayman with those wheels.

congrats !! which one did you end up getting ? S or GTS. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
3190 posts
1836 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
I got the GTS since it would've been specc'd the same if I were to go for the S. I also figure resale value be better with the GTS. Can't wait till I pick it up but it's winter time so probably have to wait till spring to truly drive it.

Our local roads are hit and miss. I did get a bent rim before on BBS wheels. I just found out it's only for 3 years so I don't think it's worth it for that short time.
Current Fido customer.
Ex Koodo customer.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
27368 posts
13322 upvotes
Ottawa
bomber17 wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2018 11:24 am
I got the GTS since it would've been specc'd the same if I were to go for the S. I also figure resale value be better with the GTS. Can't wait till I pick it up but it's winter time so probably have to wait till spring to truly drive it.

Our local roads are hit and miss. I did get a bent rim before on BBS wheels. I just found out it's only for 3 years so I don't think it's worth it for that short time.
Congrats!!!
Deal Guru
Jan 15, 2006
11439 posts
7161 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Nice! Another thread that delivers, congrats!
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
7207 posts
1610 upvotes
Mississauga
Nice to see a happy ending. Post back after you get it.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
3190 posts
1836 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
Definitely will post back with a mandatory car pic haha.

One thing that definitely sucks living in BC is the car insurance for second vehicles. Even with 10 year driving discount and max 43%, my insurance is like $3000/yr and this is for pleasure only for second vehicle. Such a scam.
Current Fido customer.
Ex Koodo customer.
Sep 30, 2007
749 posts
558 upvotes
bomber17 wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2018 10:07 pm
Also the car doesn't come with apple car play, not end of the world but it hurts they are charging $1k to add it afterwards. Gonna email around and see if it can be done cheaper.
"A fool and his money are soon parted"
Android Auto and car play were included on my C$20k FFE, which I bought 2 years ago ;)
As was " Intelligent Access (IA) vehicle key", which is apparently an $950 option for you. Enjoy.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
3190 posts
1836 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
xrvr wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2018 11:18 pm
"A fool and his money are soon parted"
Android Auto and car play were included on my C$20k FFE, which I bought 2 years ago ;)
As was " Intelligent Access (IA) vehicle key", which is apparently an $950 option for you. Enjoy.
Yep, paying the Porsche tax. LOL! Oh wells, I probably won't add Apple Carplay since I can still play music through bluetooth and if I have to, use the in car's navigation. I have Carplay on my daily driver, so that's more important to have on that car.
Current Fido customer.
Ex Koodo customer.