Art and Photography

Looking for action cameras in $25 and $50. What's the best?

• Last Updated:
  • May 12th, 2019 4:03 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 25, 2011
1900 posts
1467 upvotes
SAINT JOHN

Looking for action cameras in $25 and $50. What's the best?

Looking for an action cam. Looking for two price categories in $25 and $50.

Don't need 4K but that would be a bonus if it did have 4K. What is OK to decent in those two price ranges?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT:

Looking to mount on handlebars and bike helmets.

EDIT2:

If $25 is too low then would $50 and $75 work?
...Location: GTA North

If this post has helped you please click the 'THANKS' button.

GTA Grocery Highlights (updated weekly) thread

[WTB] Looking for a Netbook for $150 or under (~$100). Please let me know if you have one for sale. Willing to part trade stuff or labour.
3 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2010
1021 posts
636 upvotes
Montreal
TBH, at that price, you're just better off buying a mount for your phone.

That's just my opinion. I find the quality of action cams below $200 to be unacceptably bad but my standards are different.
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
11902 posts
2784 upvotes
Ottawa
I agree. The sub-$100 ones I've seen are not very good. It's not until you get to the $160-200 ones that are passable. Phone cameras are pretty amazing these days for stills and video.

Personally I have a hard time watching any of the shaky footage that comes out of most of these cameras. The typical blurry wobbly rolling shutter footage is a far cry from the slick footage you see in the Gopro promo videos.

I take the high bitrate footage out of my Sony X3000, crop/dewarp it and stabilize it in software.
May 12, 2019
8 posts
2 upvotes
There are plenty of great action cameras for $99, there is really nothing great about cameras under $75 imo. Check Amazon there is a lot of variety, and many reviews to sift through.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)