• Last Updated:
  • May 24th, 2018 6:22 pm
[OP]
Nov 15, 2017
31 posts
4 upvotes

Looking for an additional part-time nanny

Found
Last edited by repnnyc on Jul 25th, 2018 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
7 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2007
4969 posts
867 upvotes
Peterborough
Two nannies? How many kids do you have?

What type of hours are you and your spouse putting in?

Maybe consider a live in.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 26, 2005
8469 posts
747 upvotes
Toronto
dutchca wrote:
May 6th, 2018 7:11 pm
Two nannies? How many kids do you have?
Bayview & Yorkmills, does that not answer your question?
[OP]
Nov 15, 2017
31 posts
4 upvotes
Last edited by repnnyc on Jul 25th, 2018 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 30, 2001
27075 posts
6001 upvotes
Toronto
People this is not OT. The op came looking for advice so i suggest either be helpful and provide some help or move on. Everyone has different circumstances, different priorities, and different incomes - it is not for you to judge and berate, especially in this forum.
Don't talk about it, be about it
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2015
1295 posts
558 upvotes
I have a friend who’s is an er surgeon or something similar. Both parents worked but the surgeon would get called off, so they had a deal with their live in nanny that she got paid a full salary for the work week even if one of the parents weren’t home, and then if he had to go all of sudden, the nanny agreed to work and she got paid overtime.

You can hire other nannies part time, but the challenge is if you have sporadic hours that you get called away, then most nannies can’t be working another job.

I recommend going with a live in nanny route unless your additional help has some sort of schedule and flexibility, then you can check Canadian nanny.
On a 'smart' device that isn't always so smart. So please forgive the autocorrects and typos. If it brothers you, then don't read my posts, but don't waste my time correcting me. If you can get past the typos, then my posts generally have some value.
Apr 10, 2011
398 posts
178 upvotes
Check out facebook parent groups. Always seeing nanny's looking for work there.
Jun 4, 2018
2 posts
repnnyc wrote:
May 6th, 2018 1:29 pm
Hi all.

We currently have 1 full-time (live out) nanny but would like to get some additional help. We need weekend coverage and weekdays (flexible).

Located around Bayview and Yorkmills.

If anyone has an recommendations it would be greatly apprciated.

Thanks!
We are just starting to look for a pt nanny too and found this site and hope people can give some advice.

We put up an ad on kijiji and didn't find anyone who fit so far.

Did you try any of the services like care.com or canadiannanny?

So far we got some good kijijii replies but most were university students looking for a summer job and we want someone who is (a) experienced and (b) will stick with us for at least a year.

We are looking at Execunannies but they want nearly 3k as a fee and it seems high for a pt nanny.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)