• Last Updated:
  • May 21st, 2018 1:45 pm
[OP]
Nov 15, 2017
27 posts
6 upvotes

Looking for an additional part-time nanny

Hi all.

We currently have 1 full-time (live out) nanny but would like to get some additional help. We need weekend coverage and weekdays (flexible).

Located around Bayview and Yorkmills.

If anyone has an recommendations it would be greatly apprciated.

Thanks!
17 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2007
4935 posts
848 upvotes
Peterborough
Two nannies? How many kids do you have?

What type of hours are you and your spouse putting in?

Maybe consider a live in.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 26, 2005
7898 posts
462 upvotes
Toronto
dutchca wrote:
May 6th, 2018 7:11 pm
Two nannies? How many kids do you have?
Bayview & Yorkmills, does that not answer your question?
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2009
3653 posts
507 upvotes
Aurora
repnnyc wrote:
May 6th, 2018 1:29 pm
We currently have 1 full-time (live out) nanny but would like to get some additional help. We need weekend coverage and weekdays (flexible).
That's awesome!

Why don't you just schedule a time to visit your kids and give them to someone else to raise them full time?

Kids....jeez, what a hassle!
"I'm a bit upset. I've been grab by the back without any alert and lubrification"
Lucky
Jan 26, 2017
174 posts
117 upvotes
Toukolou wrote:
May 17th, 2018 11:09 pm
That's awesome!

Why don't you just schedule a time to visit your kids and give them to someone else to raise them full time?

LOL LOL
[OP]
Nov 15, 2017
27 posts
6 upvotes
Toukolou wrote:
May 17th, 2018 11:09 pm
That's awesome!

ignorance is bliss...

Scheduling time with my kids doesn't work actually because if your child ever has the horrible misfortune of needing a life saving operation I will be the one cancelling on my children to perform the operation... so we do need additional help.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2009
3653 posts
507 upvotes
Aurora
repnnyc wrote:
May 19th, 2018 4:33 pm
ignorance is bliss...

Scheduling time with my kids doesn't work actually because if your child ever has the horrible misfortune of needing a life saving operation I will be the one cancelling on my children to perform the operation... so we do need additional help.
What you do for a living doesn't mitigate the fact that they're your kids, and your kids need you too. Perhaps in different ways than other peoples children, but still needed nevertheless. Leaving them with "hired help" doesn't fill that need, no matter how good the help is (you're posting on RFD for referrals for crying out loud, how about asking some your other extremely busy colleagues).

It's all about choices; you're choosing to spend your time working (whatever it is you do) instead of spending it with your children. You can try to justify that to yourself anyway you want.
"I'm a bit upset. I've been grab by the back without any alert and lubrification"
Lucky
[OP]
Nov 15, 2017
27 posts
6 upvotes
You’re ignorant. Life is not black and white. Circumstances in life change and you need to be flexible enough to adjust to them.

Here is a thought experiment for you. I could be someone who has a terminally ill child, very sick parents, a mentally ill wife etc and I’m in desperate help because I literally have no time. Are you telling me that your keyboard warrior soap box argument applies? What right do you have to judge or assume? Would you even make that comment face to face with me?

Not only are you inconsiderate, ignorant but you are also a coward. You should be ashamed of yourself and I hope youre spending all that time with your kids not teaching them to judge and assume in the same fashion you do.

And just so you are aware the Nannies we employ unlock quality time. The nanny is kind enough to take care of cleaning bottles, laundry etc etc.
Feb 10, 2010
887 posts
328 upvotes
Ajax, ON
repnnyc wrote:
May 19th, 2018 5:04 pm
You’re ignorant. Life is not black and white. Circumstances in life change and you need to be flexible enough to adjust to them.

Here is a thought experiment for you. I could be someone who has a terminally ill child, very sick parents, a mentally ill wife etc and I’m in desperate help because I literally have no time. Are you telling me that your keyboard warrior soap box argument applies? What right do you have to judge or assume? Would you even make that comment face to face with me?

Not only are you inconsiderate, ignorant but you are also a coward. You should be ashamed of yourself and I hope youre spending all that time with your kids not teaching them to judge and assume in the same fashion you do.

And just so you are aware the Nannies we employ unlock quality time. The nanny is kind enough to clean bottles. During that time I get to hold my child.
The fact that you are so angry because someone calls you out says a lot. Hope one day you dont look back a regret you did not re evaluate your priorities.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2008
9815 posts
1359 upvotes
Toronto
Toukolou wrote:
May 19th, 2018 4:46 pm
What you do for a living doesn't mitigate the fact that they're your kids, and your kids need you too. Perhaps in different ways than other peoples children, but still needed nevertheless. Leaving them with "hired help" doesn't fill that need, no matter how good the help is (you're posting on RFD for referrals for crying out loud, how about asking some your other extremely busy colleagues).

It's all about choices; you're choosing to spend your time working (whatever it is you do) instead of spending it with your children. You can try to justify that to yourself anyway you want.
Clearly the OP said they are a surgeon that does emergency operations. My wife and I 'Outsource' our kids to daycare on the weekdays so by your god-like standard, we're (others like me) not filling our kid's needs.

Occasionally, I'll leave my kids with my parents for a bit while I run some errands. I guess that doesn't meet your standard too.

Not everybody works 9-5+ a stay at home parent to watch the kids 100% full-time. I would argue the majority send their kids to daycare (or alternatively, a nanny). Or have family members in the city that can help out to watch the kids whether its full-time or occasionally on the weekends.

There are professions such as Emergency surgeon that may operate on you or your child that gets called in (it's called being on Call) requiring unexpected nanny/babysitter type services. I guess people like the OP should change careers to meet your moral standards :facepalm:
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2009
3653 posts
507 upvotes
Aurora
at1212b wrote:
May 19th, 2018 6:17 pm
Clearly the OP said they are a surgeon that does emergency operations. My wife and I 'Outsource' our kids to daycare on the weekdays so by your god-like standard, we're (others like me) not filling our kid's needs.

Occasionally, I'll leave my kids with my parents for a bit while I run some errands. I guess that doesn't meet your standard too.

Not everybody works 9-5+ a stay at home parent to watch the kids 100% full-time. I would argue the majority send their kids to daycare (or alternatively, a nanny). Or have family members in the city that can help out to watch the kids whether its full-time or occasionally on the weekends.

There are professions such as Emergency surgeon that may operate on you or your child that gets called in (it's called being on Call) requiring unexpected nanny/babysitter type services. I guess people like the OP should change careers to meet your moral standards :facepalm:
Fair enough, but again, a choice.

The original post says currently have full time weekday, looking for weekend and weekday (flexible). That looks to me like ALL the time. I wonder, if it isn't, what's left.

I also stand by assertion that speaking to colleagues is probably a better route than asking the plebs, myself included, on RFD. I would think someone as learned as a pediatric surgeon would have some idea of reliable places to source childcare.
Lucky
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2009
3653 posts
507 upvotes
Aurora
repnnyc wrote:
May 19th, 2018 5:04 pm
I could be someone who has a terminally ill child, very sick parents, a mentally ill wife etc and I’m in desperate help because I literally have no time.

But your not.

Are you telling me that your keyboard warrior soap box argument applies? What right do you have to judge or assume?

You posted on a public forum, built on opinion. That's what gives me the right.

Would you even make that comment face to face with me?

Absolutely

And just so you are aware the Nannies we employ unlock quality time. The nanny is kind enough to take care of cleaning bottles, laundry etc etc.

That's what servants have done for 1000s of years for the wealthy who could afford/enslave them.
Lucky
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2008
7244 posts
774 upvotes
GTA
I find it is unfortunate that people can be so judgemental about the parenting choices made by others. Especially without knowing them at all or what their relationships are with their children.

The judgement is so common for every part of parenting. There are so many examples -

e.g - breast milk to formula (my kid got breast milk for 14 months but I'd never comment or criticize someone who didn't. Some can't or don't want to. If their child is fed, that's what matters)

- others find ways to criticize everything - from the number of activities a child is or isn't in, to how many children parents have, sleep training or not and it goes on....

There are certain jobs that are very demanding in terms of time, both scheduled and on call.

I personally am glad there are people who devote themselves to jobs that aren't the typical 9 - 5. From surgeons to firefighters to many others... apparently some feel these jobs aren't suitable for parents, but as long as their kids are happy, healthy and cared for other parents should keep their judgement to themselves. The way someone parents isn't always right or wrong simply because it is different than the way you would do it.
When your mind says give up, hope whispers "one more try"
Never say never
Nov 21, 2016
250 posts
112 upvotes
Toronto
Toukolou wrote:
May 20th, 2018 4:24 pm
Fair enough, but again, a choice.

The original post says currently have full time weekday, looking for weekend and weekday (flexible). That looks to me like ALL the time. I wonder, if it isn't, what's left.

I also stand by assertion that speaking to colleagues is probably a better route than asking the plebs, myself included, on RFD. I would think someone as learned as a pediatric surgeon would have some idea of reliable places to source childcare.
Once again an assumption and judgement! Just because he's asking in RFD doesn't mean they are looking for a cheap deal! It's a forum where people are free to discuss and ask for any suggestions.
If someone doesn't have anything to contribute than to be condescending, they should just keep quiet and move on!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2011
8192 posts
1354 upvotes
Edmonton
Why have kids if someone else is raising them?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)