Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2006
1896 posts
23 upvotes

Looking for best iPod video converter for my iPod touch

Hey guys,

For a while now I was using Videora video converter to convert my video files to ipod files so that I could put it in my iTunes to sync it on my iPod. But now most of the converted files dont get displayed on iTunes. So i decided to scrap that and installed MediaCoder for iPod and although it converts and syncs to iTunes and on my iPod, the audio is out of sync in every single video. Its getting really frustrating and I dont want to dig deep down inside and play with the audio delay and other settings.

So I want to know which is the best video converter for me to use. Any software will do (free or not) since they can all be got for free anyways if you look for it properly. I just want something to convert my .avi or .mpg files to iPod format. Thanks!
4 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2009
1297 posts
53 upvotes
Toronto
Handbrake. I've not found anything better and it's free.
Bill
My blog
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2006
1896 posts
23 upvotes
Blueroom wrote: Handbrake. I've not found anything better and it's free.

But isnt Handbrake only for OSX? I have Windows 7
Deal Guru
Sep 13, 2007
11102 posts
6746 upvotes
Toronto
flyingdutchman wrote: But isnt Handbrake only for OSX? I have Windows 7

No, Works for OSX, Linux and Windows
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2006
1896 posts
23 upvotes
McLaren__F1 wrote: No, Works for OSX, Linux and Windows

Thanks! So I downloaded it and installed it and now when I click "Start" it says enter Destination File, so I click Browse and it wont let me save in a folder. Do I have to manually create my own destination path and write a new file name for the converted file?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)