• Last Updated:
  • Jun 21st, 2019 6:45 pm
[OP]
Jun 20, 2010
351 posts
157 upvotes
Vancouver

Looking to buy a 2011 Honda CR-V.

Any owners here that would like to comment on their experiences with this vehicle?
How much would a 2011 EX-L with around 100K km would you pay?
7 replies
Apr 23, 2007
219 posts
97 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I just got my 2010 CRV EX sold at 13k. It was well maintained and has GPS and hitch on it. Every maintenance was on schedule and done with the dealer. Just to give you an idea.
Deal Guru
Jan 15, 2006
11711 posts
7590 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Don’t these have under carriage rot or is that the previous generation?
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2017
2237 posts
2284 upvotes
GTA
Yeah, watch out for the rotting frame. These are under re-call right now, and I'll bet a lot of people will be trying to unload them on the used market.
Apr 23, 2007
219 posts
97 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I don't worry too much about the re-call as every time I went to dealership for service, they will do it for you, if any, at their cost. I think once you bring your car to the dealership, they will register you and send you mail regarding the re-call.
[OP]
Jun 20, 2010
351 posts
157 upvotes
Vancouver
http://wwwapps.tc.gc.ca/Saf-Sec-Sur/7/V ... archResult

Thanks guys for letting me know about the rotting. I found the recall from another thread.

I'm in BC and it says
This recall applies to vehicles originally sold or currently registered in areas of heavy road salt usage (Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, and Newfoundland & Labrador).
so don't know if it applies here
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2017
2237 posts
2284 upvotes
GTA
tomkuang wrote:
Jun 21st, 2019 6:15 pm
I don't worry too much about the re-call as every time I went to dealership for service, they will do it for you, if any, at their cost. I think once you bring your car to the dealership, they will register you and send you mail regarding the re-call.
There are many cases where the defect is not repairable and Honda Canada is offering the owner cash to buy the car back.