Request-A-Deal

Looking to buy a 55" (or bigger) TV. Any good recommendations for a deal right now?

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 22nd, 2019 9:38 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 25, 2009
4302 posts
552 upvotes
Toronto

Looking to buy a 55" (or bigger) TV. Any good recommendations for a deal right now?

Looking to pay $450-$699
10 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2011
4936 posts
4845 upvotes
Vancouver
If you're feeling lucky, there's The Source's scratch-n-dent open box sale. I bought from that once and got a 55" 4k TV that was brand new with 0 hours of run time, for half of MSRP.
https://www.thesource.ca/en-ca/deal-cen ... 4%7B599%7D
18% = GTA residents as a proportion of Canada's total population
97% = chance that an RFDer lives in the GTA when he posts something location specific, without giving a location

Were you hit with surprise customs/import fees on an Amazon.ca purchase?
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 25, 2009
4302 posts
552 upvotes
Toronto
Kiraly wrote:
Apr 19th, 2019 1:26 am
If you're feeling lucky, there's The Source's scratch-n-dent open box sale. I bought from that once and got a 55" 4k TV that was brand new with 0 hours of run time, for half of MSRP.
https://www.thesource.ca/en-ca/deal-cen ... 4%7B599%7D
So it's basically a gamble right? Because it could be dented and have scratches on the screen? How do you tell run time hrs?

Also, can you refund if you don't like it?
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2003
3129 posts
1492 upvotes
Everywhere
fightbriz wrote:
Apr 19th, 2019 5:45 am
So it's basically a gamble right? Because it could be dented and have scratches on the screen? How do you tell run time hrs?

Less of a gamble is Bestbuy open box. Mint condition with normal return policy and warranty.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2011
4936 posts
4845 upvotes
Vancouver
fightbriz wrote:
Apr 19th, 2019 5:45 am

It's a gamble yes. And yes you can return it for a refund. "Scratch & dent" is more a marketing term I think. Actually the link I sent you was for the "Open box" deals, the "Scratch & dent" sale is a different, occasional sales event IIRC. My TV bought through scratch & dent was flawless. Modern TVs have a menu option that tells you what the accumulated run time is.
97% = chance that an RFDer lives in the GTA when he posts something location specific, without giving a location

[OP]
Deal Addict
May 25, 2009
4302 posts
552 upvotes
Toronto
Kiraly wrote:
Apr 19th, 2019 11:18 am
It's a gamble yes. And yes you can return it for a refund. "Scratch & dent" is more a marketing term I think. Actually the link I sent you was for the "Open box" deals, the "Scratch & dent" sale is a different, occasional sales event IIRC. My TV bought through scratch & dent was flawless. Modern TVs have a menu option that tells you what the accumulated run time is.
So both scratch and dent, and open box are returnable without restocking fee? At thesource
Feb 14, 2019
19 posts
1 upvote
I don't wanna make a new thread so I will ask here I am looking to buy a 70" to 75" TV and my budget is $1500 - $2000 any recommendation for a good TV in that range ?
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2011
4936 posts
4845 upvotes
Vancouver
fightbriz wrote:
Apr 19th, 2019 1:03 pm
So both scratch and dent, and open box are returnable without restocking fee? At thesource
Yes, you get 30 days free returns for TVs up to 55". Bigger than that you can't return in-store, you have to arrange for shipping at your own expense. https://www.thesource.ca/en-ca/returnsExchanges

Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2011
4936 posts
4845 upvotes
Vancouver
Victor088 wrote:
Apr 19th, 2019 7:24 pm
I don't wanna make a new thread so I will ask here I am looking to buy a 70" to 75" TV and my budget is $1500 - $2000 any recommendation for a good TV in that range ?
Make a new thread.