• May 25th, 2016 9:38 am
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2005
4451 posts
2140 upvotes
Toronto

Looking to buy a large quantity of metal air/HVAC floor registers/grates/grills

Hey folks,

All of the plastic (crappy builder quality) floor registers in my house are damaged/cracked from people stepping on them. So, I'd like to replace them all with a consistent looking/fancier type of metal floor register. I'd like to buy them all on one go, but at $20 each at Lowe's this doesn't seem very economical if I need to do about 20 of them in my house.

I've tried searching on Aliexpress and Alibaba (typically good for buying bulk items cheap from the manufacturer in China), however I can't seem to find a vendor. Perhaps my search query is off... there's so many ways to describe this thing: "air vent", "HVAC floor register", "floor grill", "vent", etc.

If anybody has an inside connection for buying these in bulk, like the stain nickel image below, I'd really appreciate it

Thanks a bunch!!
3 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41802 posts
30057 upvotes
Center of Universe
Costco and IIRC, $12-$14 for packs of two.
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2010
4578 posts
1999 upvotes
AB
I had these in my previous house. Bought from Costco, but the same designs are sold everywhere. They are made of two parts, the plastic frame/base that goes into the vent and the top part is metal. Out of 10 or so, only 2 were still working well and not broken. All the ones that were in any sort of traffic area, had the plastic parts cracked or broken off. Learned my lesson and got all metal registers in the new house. The design of the top plate/grill is not so stylish, but at least they are very durable, no problems so far after a year. Here is an example of one that is all metal:
http://www.rona.ca/en/louvered-floor-register-12245256
When I bought these Rona had a sale on all their vent & registers, I think it was 20% off.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
7534 posts
792 upvotes
Toronto
20 is not a large quantity. 20,000 is.

Lowes has those buy one get one free all the time.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)