Art and Photography

Looking to buy Lightroom 6, does the perpetual version support the Sony A6300?

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 17th, 2018 11:27 am
[OP]
Aug 13, 2017
66 posts
6 upvotes

Looking to buy Lightroom 6, does the perpetual version support the Sony A6300?

On this link it says the Sony A6300 need version 6.5, but the last version was 6.14, is that a more recent version? I'm getting confused by the version numbering methodology, because 14, is higher than 5, unless 5 is supposed to represent 50 meaning version 6.50. Although I assume if my camera needs version 6.5 and that 6.14 is the most up to date version then I'm covered.

Also, how long can I feasibly use Lightroom 6? It seems like raw support for late model cameras is the biggest issue, but that I can also convert to DNG, which isn't a huge issue for me. I'm more of a hobby photographer so I'd love to be able to only pay for 1 version as opposed to a subscription.
4 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
3728 posts
936 upvotes
Toronto
ModernDad wrote:
Sep 10th, 2018 10:34 am
Also, how long can I feasibly use Lightroom 6? It seems like raw support for late model cameras is the biggest issue, but that I can also convert to DNG, which isn't a huge issue for me. I'm more of a hobby photographer so I'd love to be able to only pay for 1 version as opposed to a subscription.
I do the same... Just an extra step on Adobe DNG converter, which works pretty quickly anyway. I'm happy to take that extra step considering I paid like 25 bucks for Lightroom 5
Games: XBox Live: M1GO

Gear: Fujifilm X-Pro2 | Canon A-1
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
7585 posts
1472 upvotes
Yeah, just use the converter and it wouldn't matter if the older LR can open or not.

Also, download Capture One Express which is free for Sony user and you can use it as a RAW to JPEG converter but for some people they even just do all the basic editing in Capture One only.
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
Oct 20, 2016
99 posts
22 upvotes
Friend of mine did it from this guy, looks legit 🤷🏽‍♂️

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)